Cameron

NYC Tao Bum get together on the 13TH?

Posting to Taobums and Kunlun Forum.

So I am in NY but going back to Atlanta on the 14th.

I'll be in the city next weekend and wondering if any Tao Bums want to get together. Maybe we can meet up in China Town or the village for lunch or something.

Cam

Tao Bums in NYC on Sep. 13?

Hell yeah, I'll go. :lol:

Thing is I have class from 1:30 to 6:00 on Saturdays. It sucks. :angry:

So, if I could be so humble as to request that the party is an early lunch or 7 pm dinner, then I would be extremely grateful.

You all seem like cool people, it would be awesome to meet some of you.

:)

I am new to the forum, if it's OK I would like to take this opportunity to meet the fellow Tao bums, Chinatown is a great place for such gathering, I am looking forward to the meet-up!

I am new to the forum, if it's OK I would like to take this opportunity to meet the fellow Tao bums, Chinatown is a great place for such gathering, I am looking forward to the meet-up!

I'll be there too! Name the place... :)

I live in Staten Island, and frequent Brooklyn and Manhattan.

I'll be there too! Name the place... :)

I live in Staten Island, and frequent Brooklyn and Manhattan.

There is a nice vegetarian restaurant on Mott street off Bowery Street, I think the name of the restaurant is something like "Buddi", the best real vege restaurant in Chinatown, very good food and has nice big round tables that can accommodate 10-12 people each, just a thought.

There is a nice vegetarian restaurant on Mott street off Bowery Street, I think the name of the restaurant is something like "Buddi", the best real vege restaurant in Chinatown, very good food and has nice big round tables that can accommodate 10-12 people each, just a thought.

There is another one on Mott Street and Pell. Turn left on Pell street, and there is a Vegetarian Dim Sum house. Not only Dim Sum, but lots of other dishes in veggie style as well..basically anything..haha

There are choices :-D

Looking forward to meeting you all :)

Peace,

Lin

There is another one on Mott Street and Pell. Turn left on Pell street, and there is a Vegetarian Dim Sum house. Not only Dim Sum, but lots of other dishes in veggie style as well..basically anything..haha

There are choices :-D

Looking forward to meeting you all :)

Peace,

Lin

Thanks for the suggestions Lin. I will go wherever everybody wants to go, it would be nice to just get together with a bunch of Tao bums in person.

I ate at all these other veggie restaurants you mentioned, I wouldn't call them real veggie restaurants, but rather "regular Chinese sans meat and fish". There is a fundamental difference between the real Chinese vegetarian cooking, and the "regular Chinese sans meat and fish". We call the formal 素斋, the latter may be called 素食, but even that is a stretch in my opinion, I still think a better term for that to be "Chinese sans meat and fish".

Buddi restaurant used to be a true 素斋 restaurant with real chefs from China, but that has changed about two years ago, it's not a real 素斋 any more, but still it is slightly better than the others in Chinatown.

Guys, we need to choose a place that has some meat and fish as not everyone here is eating "veggies only". I'm pretty sure there many places that can offer variety of vegetarian and "other" dishes. The Dumpling house have a delicious vegetarian dumplings and other good stuff. Just an example. :)

Guys, we need to choose a place that has some meat and fish as not everyone here is eating "veggies only". I'm pretty sure there many places that can offer variety of vegetarian and "other" dishes. The Dumpling house have a delicious vegetarian dumplings and other good stuff. Just an example. :)

I'm good where ever we all go. Every place has veggies...doesn't matter to me. :D

Peace,

Lin

I know a very good Chinese restaurant on Elizabeth street off Canal, don't remember the name of the restaurant. It's a very popular restaurant for locals to gather in big groups, the food there is the best I know in Chinatown (personal of course), but I kind of feel confident about my taste since it is validated by the fact that the restaurant is packed by locals in almost all times while others are empty. and yes, it has meat, fish, and even better veggie dishes than Buddi (since Buddi changed chefs).

I will be happy to go anywhere anyone suggests, it would be good to know other good places t eat. I am local here since 1986.

I am good wherever. You guys know the city better than me so happy to take your suggestions.

I eat meat but can skip it and eat veggie also.

Cam

I have a class in china town on saturdays. I could pop in for lunch.

Someone grab the bull by the horns and make a decision or name a couple of places and put it up for a vote.

Edited by mYTHmAKER

I know a very good Chinese restaurant on Elizabeth street off Canal, don't remember the name of the restaurant. It's a very popular restaurant for locals to gather in big groups, the food there is the best I know in Chinatown (personal of course),

Hi, this sounds good. Maybe you can get the name of the restaurant, and if no one minds, we can meet there. Plato will come along and our mutual friend may pop up as well.

Now, Saturday 2pm? Is it ok by most?

Sorry Seeker :(

Hi, this sounds good. Maybe you can get the name of the restaurant, and if no one minds, we can meet there. Plato will come along and our mutual friend may pop up as well.

Now, Saturday 2pm? Is it ok by most?

Sorry Seeker :(

My bad, I am terrible in remember names, and won't be able to find out the name of the restaurant unless I make a trip to Chinatown which is not possible for me this week due to my hectic schedules during the week. The restaurant is on the Elizabeth street right off the Canal street, across the street of the police precinct. We could meet at corner of Elizabeth and Canal, I know the food there is superb, has a huge menu so I am sure everyone will find the dishes of their likings, has large round tables, and the price is quite moderate. It's a very busy place but getting table at 2 PM should not be a problem. If anyone has better suggestions I am all ears.

My bad, I am terrible in remember names, and won't be able to find out the name of the restaurant unless I make a trip to Chinatown which is not possible for me this week due to my hectic schedules during the week. The restaurant is on the Elizabeth street right off the Canal street, across the street of the police precinct. We could meet at corner of Elizabeth and Canal, I know the food there is superb, has a huge menu so I am sure everyone will find the dishes of their likings, has large round tables, and the price is quite moderate. It's a very busy place but getting table at 2 PM should not be a problem. If anyone has better suggestions I am all ears.

Is the restaurant on the north or south side of canal

I know the place you are talking about. It's with two big lions/dogs guarding it and you have to come up to the upper floor on the escalator?

It's on the south side of Canal St across the street from the police building on Elizabeth St

We can meet outside the place at 2pm and wait 10 minutes, and whoever is late will catch us inside.

I know the place you are talking about. It's with two big lions/dogs guarding it and you have to come up to the upper floor on the escalator?

It's on the south side of Canal St across the street from the police building on Elizabeth St

We can meet outside the place at 2pm and wait 10 minutes, and whoever is late will catch us inside.

No, not that place, that's a banquet house for weddings and big events, the restaurant I am talking about is a door or two next to it, closer to the Canal street side.

Is the restaurant on the north or south side of canal

South side of Canal, a couple of doors off the corner. I am very sorry for not remembering the name of the restaurant but I can promise the food there is superb!

From what I read it is supposed to rain in NY this weekend so probably good to meet indoors.

The Elizabeth center is right on Elizabeth street. Why don't we meet inside there...? At the Elizabeth Center

doors right next to the police precinct...?

If one is walking towards the Manhattan bridge, then turn right onto Elizabeth st and stay on the right side of the street, walk down till you see Elizabeth Center..but you have to look at the stores for the name..hahaha

I think that is right.

If not...There is a bank right on the corner of Canal and Elizabeth, I believe. Maybe its a Chase bank. People wait in there all the times, especially in the rain.

Peace,

Lin

No, not that place, that's a banquet house for weddings and big events, the restaurant I am talking about is a door or two next to it, closer to the Canal street side.

Is it Oriental Garden? :)