Sign in to follow this  
三江源

The Faces of God

Do you love a Guru or Guru's?

Does a teacher or being inspire your heart to open and flow?

Do you experience transmission from remote or ascended masters?

nb. NOT wanting to discuss how our love of our close family and /or nature works for us, here. This is about Higher Level Beings.

Edited by cat

nb. NOT wanting to discuss how our love of our close family and /or nature works for us, here. This is about Higher Level Beings.

Gautama Buddha, Amitabha, Tara, Kakusandha Buddha, Konagamana Buddha, Padumuttara Buddha...

I show all my deepest respect to all Buddhas for what they have attained hoping I will achieve that goal in this lifetime.

Namo Amitabha.

I show all my deepest respect to all Buddhas for what they have attained hoping I will achieve that goal in this lifetime.

Namo Amitabha.

Do you love them durkhrod. Do they inspire your heart and soul and mobilise your spiritual juice?

Love and compassion to all sentient beings hoping one day they will leave Samsara.

Highest respect to all Buddhas.

So it is an impersonal love that you feel, durkhrod?

I'm wondering about the burning passion for a master. The heart opening and a divine transmission flooding in.

Lately I've been deeply affected by the teachings of Anthony de Mello.

I'm fortunate enough to have a friend who burned a set of his CDs for me (Wake Up to Life).

I love him through his teachings and he has taught me a great deal about love.

To your question cat, "Do they inspire your heart and soul and mobilise your spiritual juice?" is a resounding YES!

I used to think that I knew what love was; how niave. I thought I had been there and done that; how wrong i was.

I was brought up in an intelligent, loving and kind family. Although I had experienced family love all my life I could not tell you what family love was. I had an idea, a concept, born of their example yet I did not truely know. Only now do I know that the concept I had was false.

To know love is not through experiencing the giving or the receiving end. To know love is to have an open heart and be part of an endless cycle - as you aptly put it, "flow". Love is a process, not a static thing. One must learn what love is by experiencing the flow.

I have lain with a number of women, and if you had asked me when the energies were pouring from my heart whether I was in love, the answer would've been a resounding "Yes!". Yet I was only temporarily part of the flow. Foolish of me to think that I could be "in" love and "out of" love... I know I have never been seperated, I have just had my mind closed.

How does one experience the flow? Practice and find out. I know I have only scratched the surface, yet I understand much more of it than others and many understand more about it than I. I am humbled before those who understand less and those you understand more. I admire, adore and rejoice at the state others are in. There is so much more to this than one can think, and yet there is so much more to learn.

This is my love for all others.

This is my love for my teachers.

I am humbled before them and I learn to follow their example.

Selflessness and love are inseperable.

Yours, in most humble adoration,

James

I feel a great love for many Saints and Masters. With some of them it's quite irrational as I dont connect so much with their teachings from their time on earth, but their Presence just moves me...

Abhinavagupta

Lalla

Kabir

Hazrat inyat Khan

Neem Karoli Bubba

Keshamaraj

St john of the cross

Appolonious of Tyanna

Sohravardhi

Rabiya

Christ (I dont even know if I believe he existed on earth but I feel Him...) :lol:

Babaji Nagaraj

St Francis of Assisi

Baal Shem Tov

Lama Yeshi

Chang Tsu

Ibn Arabi

Hafiz

Jelaludin Mevlevi Rumi

Rama Krishna

and many more. Thankyou to you all.

I dont know why but (to me) Sufi teachers feel particularly accsesible in the presence world and are more likley to help out, give golden love, Kick my but if I'm out of line, inspire me and so on... It might be my strong devotional nature but who knows.

Does anyone feel an affinity with a particular 'tree' of teachers?

Seth.

Lately I've been deeply affected by the teachings of Anthony de Mello.

I'm fortunate enough to have a friend who burned a set of his CDs for me (Wake Up to Life).

I love him through his teachings and he has taught me a great deal about love.

To your question cat, "Do they inspire your heart and soul and mobilise your spiritual juice?" is a resounding YES!

xuesheng,

Anthony De Mello was influenced much by Ajahn Chah from the Thai Forest Tradition. His book, "Awareness", was a good read. You may enjoy it.

Enjoy your practice.

mouse

Does anyone feel an affinity with a particular 'tree' of teachers?

It changes as I read around. For example, I am currently reading about Hinduism and I love the fact that it's a very broad term which includes a huge variety of philosophies... What do I love about it most? It's that these ideas have co-existed for many, many centuries with relatively little angst or aggression.

However, I have always felt a strong pull toward Bon and Dzogchen teachings no matter what I am currently reading...

Sufi-ism intrigues me, are there any teachers or teachings you could recommend above others?

Yours humbly,

James

I love this thread.

It is interesting to see what proportion of us here are devotional by temperament.

At the moment I am reading Paramahansa Yogananda's autobiog and carrying about Sri Yukteswar's "Holy Science".

The meditations inspired by them are very deep indeed. Yogananda is a fun companion with strong child energy and overflowing love, I find myself making innovative indian food all the time lately. Making basmati rice pudding with rose water, cardamom and pistachio's yesterday, out of nowhere, having never made it before. I think he liked it.

Sru Yukteswar is the "Lion of Bengal" with the deepest wisdom, and he looks at me witheringly when I waste my time. He is a great disciplinarian.

Their company is humbling and keeps focus.

I do believe that at a certain point, we attract the attention of these beings, and benefit from communion with them.

The amount of love that they carry is awe inspiring.

It is interesting to see what proportion of us here are devotional by temperament.

Their company is humbling and keeps focus.

The amount of love that they carry is awe inspiring.

Awesome :) I'm a great fan of innovative food, it's all I cook. Quite taken by your idea so may give it a whirl at some point.

I used to hate devotion, being brought up a Catholic. I couldn't understand how people could humiliate themselves so utterly, could fool themselves so utterly. However, I have come to find that all aspects of spiritual practice have their place and they each stem from a particular 'model' of the divine and how to attain union with it (despite many not knowing this is what they are working towards).

I do not believe in higher level beings, but I do not believe that they don't exist either. I remain agnostic yet I practice bhakti, I practice jnana and I practice karma. Why? Simply to see where it'll take me. No expectations.

However, I have been 'visited' by many beings in my time. I regularly receive teachings in my dreams. I have heard voices before and after major spiritual experiences in my past (most pivotal so far being, "When the time comes, surrender"). Yes, their company is humbling - it reminds me that I have purpose, it reminds me that there is so much more I can achieve, it reminds me that I am not alone.

Their love is, too, awe inspiring. The greatest gift we have, I would argue, is their compassion. We can faulter and deviate from our path yet they remain with us. That is the greatest gift they have shown me.

Om mani padme hum,

Ah hung vajra guru padme siddhi hum,

Through him, with him, in him, in the unity of the Holy Spirit, may glory and honour be yours, almighty Father, for ever and ever.

Amen.

Edited by .broken.

Cat, James, Seth, Durkhrod, Steve, i had to say all your names, coz the sincerity of these responses is very nice, so genuine - great to read truly, thanks for sharing.

........ for me, it's (this is woefully inadequate, but I'll try)..........

Medicine Buddha Bhaisajya Guru Vaidurya Prabha.

Amazing vows, deep wish and willingness to assist any sentient being in distress and to guide them on the path of Bodhi. The first time i heard the Dharani of Medince Master Buddha, though i had no understanding of the words, nor was i expecting anything for that matter, but words cannot describe the wonder that flooded through. Namo Bhaisajya Guru Vaidurya Prabha

Guan Shi Yin Pusa (Avalokitesvara)

Vows of such unlimited compassion for all beings (eg. not to rest untill all have entered Nirvana) First time i heard of this vow i cried and cried.

Guan Yin's mantras are amazinglly powerful, (great compassion dharani, 6 syllable mantra) full of a gentle but profound power that speaks to the inherent heart or 'knowing'. The messages, or 'reminders' that come from Guan Yin are truly wonderful. This is very difficult to put in words. I humbly put my heart at the feet of Guan Yin. Guan Yin tells us that kindness is great indeed.

Amitabha Buddha

The 48 vows & to have created a land for cultivation, free of distractions & distress. And that for anyone who sincerly recites his name may be reborn there is simply wonderful to me, the epitome of kindness.

Shakyamuni Buddha

To have taught according to the capacity & understanding of every person is amazing inspiring......the fundamental teacher. Namo namo, namo.

Earth store Bodihsattva

Vows of sublime compassion that never cease to amaze me. For example:

http://www.avatamsakavihara.org/earthStoreAssemblyEN.php

Master Hsuan Hua

met him in a dream which was very nice and very profound. his commentaries on the sutras and selfless service to help us understand are inspiring. I could never give this man enough thanks.

Master Xianglintao

Qigong master...........amazing person - teacher, healer, sifu etc etc.

I don't talk about personal experience on a forum, so i won't say exactly what he's done for me,.........but Master Tao has done SO much, in so many ways.

Master Feng.

Qigong and Feng Shui Master. Has a very powerful teaching. His advice, assistance & teachings are invaluable to me.

Hope this was'nt too long.

There is much more that could be said in terms of experiences from & with these masters, but that's not as important as the underlying message that they deliver. That is to wash clean all the distortions from our minds and return to purity and to have kindness & compassion for all beings.

And, i don't know why, but i don't like to refer to the term transmission, but it certainly applies in many of the above teachers/masters & gurus

i am humbly thankful, and honest about this with gratitude to all of the above mentioned

Thanks & bows.

Edited by mat black

I love puppies and rainbows and kittens...I love Jesus but dislike christians. I love the only Buddha I know. I have a deep respect and love for my teacher as well.

When I was fifteen years old a presence in the form of a cloud came into my bedroom,everything went very quiet very peaceful.This presence stated matter of factly "Your brother will soon be in accident and you will care for him."

I don't know who or what the presence was,but I loved it completely.

Two weeks later my brother was involved in a horrific car accident that left him quadraplegic.For two years he struggled to maintain his life.

Finally he was sent back home to live with myself and my parents.

My parents struggled to look after him because of the physicality involved.

So at the age of eighteen he lived with me.

I love my brother deeply he is very strong and doesn't complain a true warrior.

But it was very demanding looking after him on my own and one day while I was washing the dishes filled with rage from having to do umpteen domestic duties.The presence came back to me with a voice in my ear,calming and peaceful.

Simply stateing

"Great men do great service"

Everything was fine, I calmed down.

Six months later he met a wonderful women and they married.

This prensence is with me still sometimes years go by and I neither see or hear from it but it always returns when I lose track,gentlely nudgging and reminding.

Some might call an angel,some Jesus,some Buddah,others a spirit.

but to me

It is so familiar it requires no name and I love it completely.

Sign in to follow this