kathyli

up coming event

^ Well, the 6000 EUR ($8700 USD today) tuition only was supposedly for a 2-3 week workshop. As compared to 1.5 weeks with WLP. However, that Denmark workshop was only a "dantien-opening" prep course conducted by students(?), and not with WLP himself.

BTW, does anyone have this text or know what issue contains it?

Note: for the curious, Details of Wang LI Ping's meditation techniques have already been published for free in the Empty Vessel, by someone else claiming to be his student, but obviously not iinterested in collecting a lot of money. The methods detailed in those articles basically involve cultivating "lines" of chi into the Third Eye and then down into the body along the same lines as detailed in the Inner Smile (front line of organs, back spine, middle digestive line). Looks like perfectly good meditation techniques.
Edited by vortex

Did you noticed the following ?

If you need more information in ENGLISH, please contact : [email protected]

In additional, I guess there will be many young volunteers like to help you translate Chinese--English.

Taoist Master Wang has many young students, who are linguists.

Uh, did someone just delete my post on logistical questions here? :mellow:

Oh nvm, it's on another similar thread...

Hi Vortex,

Jinhua is a two hours train ride south of Hangzhou. You can also take a bus or a cab, which will be cheap and fast

YM

12204128660917815.jpg

Edited by YMWong

If you need more information in ENGLISH, please contact : [email protected]

In additional, I guess there will be many young volunteers like to help you translate Chinese--English.

Thanks, it's just that I've been to an all-Chinese seminar before - and live, real-time translation is really rough paraphrasing at best. A lot gets left out, and you just get the basic gist. I usually understood more with my marginal Chinese than listening to the translator. But there was still lots of words I didn't know that got lost between the truncated English recaps and my own limited vocab. And I would imagine even moreso with esoteric Taoist terminology.

It's like the speakers would say about 10 sentences in detail...and then a translator would sum all that up in one sentence, lol.

Oh well, guess there's no magic bullet around that. It just is what it is.

YMWong - Thanks! So, most people have no problem scheduling international flights into HGH?

Edited by vortex

YMWong - Thanks! So, most people have no problem scheduling international flights into HGH?

From the US you have to switch in Tokio, Seoul or Singapore from where you can fly direct to Hangzhou

YM

http://www.hzairport.com/index_en.jsp

Edited by YMWong

Thanks, it's just that I've been to an all-Chinese seminar before - and live, real-time translation is really rough at best. A lot gets left out, and you just get the basic gist. I usually understood more with my marginal Chinese than listening to the translator. But there was still lots of words I didn't know that got lost between the truncated English recaps and my own limited vocab. And I would imagine even moreso with esoteric Taoist terminology.

It's like the speakers would say about 10 sentences in detail...and then a translator would sum all that up in one sentence, lol.

Oh well, guess there's no magic bullet around that. It just is what it is.

Dear vortex,

Don't worry about the language barrier. If you love Chinese Taoist Cultivation, I believe you will get want you want. :rolleyes: .

Dear YMWong, Thanks for your map. :)

Vortex -- didn't you travel to Florida for Santiago's class? Wow -- this is awesome. Finally tracking down Master Wang, Liping for an actual class. I know we got a report back from someone living in China already but someone in the U.S. going is quite a leap. Vortex -- maybe you should start a cable show where you travel around China visiting qigong masters! I just watched the show called "Kiss Ass Miracles" by the British dude traveling around Thailand, Korea, India, etc. Pretty sweet.

Anyway I'm sure you'd get some serious energy transmission from visiting http://springforestqigong.com for a healing from Master Chunyi Lin -- he does phone healings as well.

This is an incredible opportunity and I encourage everyone to go if you can. However you need to consider the followings:

(1) As I mentioned before this seminar is geared towards Chinese or a least those who speak the language, if you don't speak the language, you need to hire a translator who can instantly translate the lectures. There will be real time daoyin and the translator need to translate instantly and you need to do the exercise immediately as directed by the lecturer.

(2) It's planned to be a 500 persons class, individual attention will be limited (this applies to everyone in the class).

If you cannot make it, I am organizing a seminar for western students in Mid-December with my respected teacher Shen Laoshi, this is a much smaller class ~10-12 and will be taught in English. The price is similar but there are only a few spots left so we can't take on too many more. If you are interested you can contact me.

p.s. if you go to the Oct seminar, you will also meet Shen Laoshi, he will actually do a portion of daigong and lectures.

Edited by Ken

The best and cheapest way to that place is to first fly to Shanghai (obvious), then take a bus to Yiwu city from near Shanghai central train station, and takes about 2 hours and leave every 30 min, and then take get another bus from Yiwu to Jinhua. Or a direct bus to Jinhua from Shanghai. I know this area fairly well. (Bleh.) Going through Hangzhou is more headache than Shanghai, plus Shanghai is fun!

The way I would do it is to fly to Hong Kong, get a China visa, which in Hong Kong is fast and simple. Then I'd get a flight to Hangzhou or Shanghai, and bus it from there. Shanghai flights tend to be cheap, especially MU China Southern Airline.

Edited by de_paradise

Vortex -- didn't you travel to Florida for Santiago's class? Wow -- this is awesome. Finally tracking down Master Wang, Liping for an actual class. I know we got a report back from someone living in China already but someone in the U.S. going is quite a leap. Vortex -- maybe you should start a cable show where you travel around China visiting qigong masters! I just watched the show called "Kiss Ass Miracles" by the British dude traveling around Thailand, Korea, India, etc. Pretty sweet.

Anyway I'm sure you'd get some serious energy transmission from visiting http://springforestqigong.com for a healing from Master Chunyi Lin -- he does phone healings as well.

Ha, easy Trigger...

I would definitely LOVE to meet and learn from WLP in person, but Ken's 2 points are the ones I am most practically concerned with:

1) Language barrier unavoidably impedes comprehension. Also, I'm assuming any workbooks or reference materials handed out will all be in Chinese, and not English?

2) Large "stadium seating" class size with no individualized attention or personalized instruction also vastly reduces the comprehension rate. Then it no longer becomes a 2-way conversation, but a 1-way lecture. So, the more people there are, the more it becomes like just watching a video...

Of course, the main draw here is that it is the great WLP teaching in PERSON! So, that does even things out.

I have also heard mixed reviews on Master Chunyi Lin, but if I was in the area, I wouldn't mind taking a class from him, Or even better, how to give O's @ a D from you! :D

--------------------

Ken - Please remind me how long you (or Shen Laoshi) have been studying with WLP, what your current "level" is and what you have attained from the practices? (Not trying to be rude, just honestly curious to get some real student feedback and results.) Cuz we've all heard fantastic stories about WLP, but I would also like to hear how his students fare to "gauge" the effectiveness and user-friendliness of the teaching method and transmissions?

And what are your personal impressions of WLP? Does he live up to all the legendary, enlightened immortal siddhic master hype? :D

The other thing I'm concerned about is the efficiency of the method? I've heard that you must meditate for several hours a day? Is this true? Problem is, I am not sure I realistically have enough regular free time right now for this level of dedication. Although, I'm sure I could still learn a lot of things I can integrate on some level, regardless.

Also, how much would a translator there cost?

--------------------

de_paradise - Thanks for the tips! Ya, I believe the main Chinese international airports are Shanghai Hong Qiao International Airport (SHA), Beijing Capital International Airport (PEK) and Hong Kong Airport (HKG). And maybe Nanjing Airport (NKG) too? But I'm sure SHA does probably accept many more flights than HGH, so would be much easier to fly into (despite being twice as far from Jinhua than HGH).

1198744397.jpg

So, how long is the busride from Yiwu to Jinhua or directly from SHA to Jinhua?

Well, I don't want to become a workshop junky and thought I was done this year, but who can help not to be interested by this? Not saying I'm at all decided either way, but it's certainly worth considering.

Edited by vortex

Co-ask to Ken with Vortex ,

I have two questions:

1. How do you know "It's planned to be a 500 persons class" ? Do they open to western audience ?

2. You said, I am organizing a seminar for western students in Mid-December with my respected teacher Shen Laoshi, this is a much smaller class ~10-12 and will be taught in English. The price is similar but there are only a few spots left so we can't take on too many more.

How can I join in Shen Laoshi's small class ? Can you tell me time and location ? I would like to plan my trip early.

Thanks,

---- Gaxtal :unsure::unsure::unsure:

I'm interested in the English class of Shen Laoshi. I heard that Shen Laoshi had been Master Wang's student for 20 years. Shen Laoshi and your western class must be very good.

I have the same question with Votex .

Ken - Please remind me how long you (or Shen Laoshi) have been studying with WLP, what your current "level" is and what you have attained from the practices? (Not trying to be rude, just honestly curious to get some real student feedback and results.) Cuz we've all heard fantastic stories about WLP, but I would also like to hear how his students fare to "gauge" the effectiveness and user-friendliness of the teaching method and transmissions?

Thanks ! :unsure::unsure::unsure:

that video was posted before, for someone in his 60s wang liping looks pretty damn young

Taoist Master Wang Liping indeed looks very very young and handsome. He said he would live long to 150 years old. Did you hear any Taoist master dear to say that ?

Has anyone met Wang Liping? I'm reading Opening the Dragons Gate right now and I'm not sure if it's a fictional read or a real deal biography.

Has anyone met Wang Liping? I'm reading Opening the Dragons Gate right now and I'm not sure if it's a fictional read or a real deal biography.

I met Master Wang Liping, and I heard from Taoist Wang said in 2008 Dalian, China.

1. Wang Liping his own will live to 150 years old.

2. One of his senior follower, who currently 80 years old, will live to 120 years old.

Did you hear any QiGong Masters and Taoist healer dare to say this word ? I believe "Opening the Dragons Gate" is a real biography. I know one of the author.