Sign in to follow this  
h.uriahr

Importance of Mudras

There's only one:

buddha17a.jpg

This one? Ong namo gurudev namo? If you think it's the only one, you are already your own gurudev, "higher self." If you ain't it, there's many, many, many-many other mudras to help unify and integrate your assorted parts into the "higher self." If that's the goal of course. Which is not all traditions' case.

I bow before gurudev Patrick. :D

Interesting how mudra's occur spontaneously.

The other day I was walking to the trad doctor to ask about something that is making two of my toenails less than beauteous.

As I walked along my fingers stretched into a strong mudra. I looked it up later and found it was used for expelling toxins.

Generally when learning mudras you need to be initiated into it, Just learning them from booksor other sources with out the initiation only allows you to experience them on a shallow level

And most mudras have corresponding symbols and mantras that need to be practiced as well to really resonate with them on a deep level and to connect you with the energy passed on from generation to generation

That's what i have learnt from my limited experience with them anyway

Edited by qijack

I'm really new to this and I hope that I'm not being taught wrong but the reason I use Pure Yang is for a Horse Stance Qigong. I hold the Pure Yang in front of my dantien and build a fire there.

thumb's,index and ring fingers softly touching while the other fingers are slightly apart as if holding a ball with both hands together?

The Pure Yang Mudra is as follows. Your pinky is touching your pinky. Middle finger touches middle finger and thumb touches thumb. Your pointer fingers do not touch and your ring fingers do not touch.

post-18598-1220324398_thumb.jpg

Sign in to follow this