Sign in to follow this  
phore

Technical question

Ok i have some computer related questions involving brainwave entrainment.

First is wav a lossless format.

If not what lossless formats can i put on an mp3 player (i have a zune and an ipod) I pods will play wav btw.

Second What free software can i use to backup my brainwave entrainment cds and rip them to wav or other lossless format that i can play on an mp3 player.

Third what free software can convert flac to wav.

Thanks

Edited by phore

Ok i have some computer related questions involving brainwave entrainment.

First is wmv a lossless format.

If not what lossless formats can i put on an mp3 player (i have a zune and an ipod) I pods will play wmv btw.

Second What free software can i use to backup my brainwave entrainment cds and rip them to wmv or other lossless format that i can play on an mp3 player.

Third what free software can convert flac to wmv.

Thanks

WMV is not lossless. You should convert flac [which is lossless] to wav, Apple lossless, WMA lossless, monkey's audio etc. DbPoweramp does most of these conversions but not sure if that is free.

thanks i meant wav but its been a long time since i messed with it. i edited my post to say wav.

Edited by phore

FLAC won't run on most mp3 players, including Ipod unfortuntaly. If you have both Zune and Ipod I guess the easiest would be to just use WAV, because Zune cannot play Apple lossless for example.

As for backup, I suggest to either burn the WAV directly as a data CD (not Audio CD) because that way you will actualy retain the original track information.

The problem with burning Audio CDs is in the way Audio CD error correction works. If scratches are found, the missing information will be interpolated. On the other hand if your data CD becomes scratched, the computer drive will try to reconstruct the exact original data from error correction information also stored on the CD.

edit: spelling

Edited by freesun

Sign in to follow this