Sign in to follow this  
Pranaman

Yiquan and discharge

Does Yiquan max out at Fa Jing or do Yiquan masters utilize Fa Shen too?

I don't ever plan on using Chi in that way to fight(so either way Yiquan resonates with me), I'm just curious.

edit: I had to add the part about Yiquan resonating with me so that I didn't have a hundred people telling me that I'm jumping around switching practices too much just because I would like to learn and gain knowledge. Just something I noticed I did after I posted.

Edited by Pranaman

You may not plan on using chi to fight, and that's exactly how it remains settled. The last to act, overcomes. Rise to meet the occasion.

Forget about the mystical crappola and focus on mind and technique.

Here's something for you to get motivation:

:)

Namo Amitabha.

Hi Pranaman,

Are you studying Yiquan now? Are there others here that practice too? I've studied Tai Chi, but just recently learned about Yiquan. I like the ideas behind it. :) I am going to start learning from Li Jiong's home study course. http://greattao.net/KungFu.htm I did some research and he has studied with some respected teachers, and has done a translation of a text written by the creator of the system.

I can't answer your question now, but it would be cool to discus things as we learn more. If there are others here with Yiquan experience, it would be nice to hear your impressions/opinions about it too. :D

Peace!

well, when I feel the chi running through me smoothly, and my muscles are working together, my teacher notices and gives me approval. So it helps to be aware of the mystical crappola.

but your point durkhrod was made when I said,"realizing this is not what yiquan is for. but a very integrated training."

I love the practice of Dachengquan, it is gold. If I end up moving in like 6 months, i'll be too far away from my teacher. Hopefully I know more than the three postures I currently know by then, that way I can come back in a year when I can easily stand for hours.

when I feel the chi running through me smoothly, and my muscles are working together, my teacher notices and gives me approval.

Thanks so much Pranaman. You don't realize it perhaps but you contribute a great deal by sharing your genuine experiences. Remember This. Here is the answer to many peoples questions that they don't know, or dare not ask. After who then how, then when and where.

Thanks so much Pranaman. You don't realize it perhaps but you contribute a great deal by sharing your genuine experiences. Remember This. Here is the answer to many peoples questions that they don't know, or dare not ask. After who then how, then when and where.

i'll remember that answer after I don't ask the question.

Sign in to follow this