growant

Kun Lun San Diego Seminar Review

Just returned from the San Diego seminar. I joined TaoBums a couple months ago and became very intrigued by all the posts about Kun Lun and determined to try it.

A bit about my background. I started 'on the path' back in '92 and have experienced many different kinds of energy work and other stuff since then- I am a level II in Reiki, have received many energy healings from former teachers of the Barbara Brennan school, seen shamanic counselors, learned many kinds of chi kung (including spontaneous), studied taiji, hsing i, and bagua, experimented with kundalini yoga, Advanced Yoga Practices, transcendental meditation, and many other things over the years...

Before driving to San Diego this weekend, I brought my car in last Monday to get it fixed up and get an oil change and make sure it was good to go. I spent over 300$ on repairs ( its a bit old and used). I planned to leave Friday at noon to beat the traffic heading to San Diego. I was very tired and exhausted. I got on the freeway heading in the wrong direction and after I turned around I noticed that my oil light kept going on whenever I pressed on the gas pedal (I'd just gotten an oil change 3 days previously). I pulled over and checked the oil dipstick- it was dry, which confused me. I looked under the car and oil was dripping from the underside- this has never happened to me before. I called my mechanic, which is in the opposite direction from San Diego, and they told me to bring the car in and offered me a loaner for the weekend. I threw 4 quarts of oil into the car and hauled over to my mechanic's place, got in the loaner, and headed out to San Diego- I was determined to do this and it felt like the Universe was throwing obstacles in my path- I didn't know if it was because the Universe was trying to prevent me from a quantum positive transformation in my life from the seminar or because Kunlun was 'evil' or would be detrimental to me somehow.

Due to the late start it ended up taking me 4 and half hours to get to San Diego instead of two and I was in a foul mood. Got to my motel with just a half hour to eat before heading out to the Friday night free lecture by Max. I parked at the restaurant next to the motel to get a burger to go and eat in my motel room. When I emerged from the restaurant and got into my loaner to drive it next door to the motel the car wouldn't start, despite repeated attempts. I called the mechanic and his suggestions failed to get the car to start- they said they never had any problems with it previously and it was reliable. I was having the day from hell, obstacle after obstacle. I had used pretty much all my money on the seminar and hotel and didn't have money to pay a local mechanic. I resigned myself to missing the free evening talk but thought, fuck it, I'll take a cab to the seminar tomorrow, deal with my finances when I get back, and i can always catch the free talk in the future. I was exhausted but determined. Determined to change my life.

After finding out that my car insurance's roadside assistance didn't cover the loaner and eating my burger, I tried the car again and it started! I had 25 minutes to get to the lecture, which was almost enough time. I hauled out of there and stopped at a traffic light, turned to the car next to me to confirm my directions. The driver looked identical to Charles Manson, right down to the long hair. I was going to say something about it but after getting the directions the light turned green and we drove our seperate ways. I wasn't sure what the encounter meant, but again, strange things were happening.

I arrived at the lecture just in time, there was a good-sized crowd, between 50 and 100 people, I'd guess (I'm not great at estimating that kind of thing.) I'm a fair judge of public speaking and Max was totally calm, composed, and centered- there was no tremor of nervousness in his voice. He demonstrated some of his abilities at affecting his students at a distance, which we've all heard about, after which I said loudly, "I want to try!" Max said he couldn't do it to me because I wasn't locked in to the energy and I left it at that. By the end of the lecture, I figured if half of the extraordinary claims Max made about this practice were true, this was going to be amazing, to say the least. Upon returning to my motel and channel-surfing, I came upon a news story about Charles Manson- I think he had just been denied parole again. ?

The following morning I went to the workshop, there was a good size crowd there. I spoke briefly with Max privately and found him charismatic and likable. After some talk we began, I think, with Red Phoenix. Towards the end of it I began to experience an unpleasant and frightening sensation in my head- I didn't know if that was because I had been forcing the practice too much (its supposed to be done without effort) or if it was the natural result of the practice. I felt a bit like I might faint and somewhat frightened and ungrounded. I focused on my dan tien and massaged the yong chuan points on my feet in order to bring the energy down and felt OK after a while. Next, I think, we did Kun Lun. It was frightening and uncomfortable for me to be in that room with my eyes closed while people were laughing, screaming like they were being killed, and doing god knows what else. It really brought up my need for control and this environment couldn't have been much more out of my control. Max (or Chris) said that the practice brings up the 'stuff' in you that's not you and needs to go (or words to that effect) and I found this to be the case- I noticed all kinds of 'negative' patterns emerging in me, lots of grief, fear.... Not being totally unaccustomed to touching this stuff in me I was OK with it released what came up. Having done plenty of chi kung in the past, the feeling of the Kun Lun energy is different, unusual, and powerful.

When I went back to the motel after the workshop I felt a bit as though I'd been lobotomized in the best sense of the word- my inner monologue had ground practically to a halt and I felt centered, calm, happy, and as though there were a "Kun Lun worm" inside me that was ferreting out all the 'stuff' in me that was not me and dislodging it. I went into the motel's jacuzzi, outside, when darkness fell and spent an hour going back and forth from the jacuzzi to the pool- it was orgasmic.

Went back to the seminar the following day, we reviewed the material from the day before plus I learned some more cool stuff. Saw more people screaming, laughing, and spasming. I'd never seen anything like that before this weekend (caused by an energetic practice) and it was interesting, to say the least.

Conclusion- back home now, I definitely feel excited about this practice, glad I went, and excited about what the future will bring. It was good to meet Max and all his assistants were very cool and helpful (plus I met a cool Australian TaoBum).

At this point, I'd have to say, it's real.

:lol:

I did my first Kunlun workshop in LA a year ago. Definetly can understand where your coming from. All in all, I think the work Max is doing is a great blessing but it is very powerful stuff. It especially amazes me how fast people have these openings and experiences from the transmission.

Anyway, best of luck with your practice. Stay connected to the earth with practices like I Jong and walking out in nature. Take breaks if you feel ungrounded.

Cam

Yeah, we had a good time, eh?

There were a couple of Tao Bums there so it was fun to meet them. It was good that you guys got to have the direct experience with Max.

Now you can read this forum from an educated perspective and know what is real.

All good.

Cheers!

Chris

Edited by Mantra68

Thanks for your post Growant.

Had it all. Car breakdowns,Charles Manson look alikes,burgers,jaccuzzis,people freaking out,divine transmission,worms in ya head.

Hope Max and crew makeit to Australia :lol:

Fantastic review, Growant. :)

I love the detail, you share your experience graphically, which I really appreciate.

I hope you will continue to share your practise experiences.

I tend to think that all of the problems arising aren't the universe telling us something is evil, but rather it's just a matter of us being tested to see if we really want it. Like when you're a kid and you want a fancy bike...it takes some work to get it. There are some pitfalls along the way. But if you're dedicated (as you were) then you accomplish what you set out to do. :)

Thanks for the kind words, all.

Today- my sense perceptions seem stronger. Still feel more unified, less mental chatter. Still feel the Kun Lun 'worm' needing, wanting to bore through all that is not me, though less intensely than Saturday. Haven't practiced since getting home yet, gonna head over to Ikea tomorrow and get a wood stool and animal rug.

Thanks for the kind words, all.

Today- my sense perceptions seem stronger. Still feel more unified, less mental chatter. Still feel the Kun Lun 'worm' needing, wanting to bore through all that is not me, though less intensely than Saturday. Haven't practiced since getting home yet, gonna head over to Ikea tomorrow and get a wood stool and animal rug.

you know the good thing ... this is just the start, ooooh ther are so many surprises to come. I tell ya, i get them everyday, thrilling!!!!!! ;)

I tend to think that all of the problems arising aren't the universe telling us something is evil, but rather it's just a matter of us being tested to see if we really want it. Like when you're a kid and you want a fancy bike...it takes some work to get it. There are some pitfalls along the way. But if you're dedicated (as you were) then you accomplish what you set out to do. :)

Reminded me of the old stories of demons and gargoyles guarding the sacred and holy places.

good stuff, growant.

your story was a very enjoyable read. it was one of those stories where someone would tell you, "you really need to write that down."

;)