Sign in to follow this  
h.uriahr

Insight

Hi guys. I'm in the Sacramento area and stumbled upon a qigong instructor. His name is Master YeYoung and was wondering if you guys could give me some insight as to whether he appears legit. sactaichi.com

Hi guys. I'm in the Sacramento area and stumbled upon a qigong instructor. His name is Master YeYoung and was wondering if you guys could give me some insight as to whether he appears legit. sactaichi.com

He has a nice website. But I still think you would be better off studying on your own at least at first, before you seek out an real teacher.

Then, ask yourself exactly what your goal is and clearly define it, then you can see if you local qigong teacher can help you achieve that or not.

Edited by mwight

Looks to me like he has some real ability. I can't say definitively without having met the man but he seems to be a real master, no mere instructor. Opportunities to study with someone of this caliber are not common. Wait and he may be gone by the time your ego decides what 'ready' is.

if this is THE uriah, then one of your guys already trains with me here in W. Sac and we should talk.

i met and had a few chats with Bing YeYoung a few years back. he's a very pleasant guy and i liked him, but in my opinion you will be paying boatload of money for the idea of his credentials.

it really depends on what you're looking for. i'll send you a PM when i get home tonight.

I don't know the gentleman but I was not terribly impressed with his old frame video excerpts.

Some people excel at scholarship, others excel at martial arts (including Qigong, Neigong, meditation), very few excel at both.

Few people do aspire and accomplish feats in scholarship as well as taichi, chi gong, and neidan. But i can certainly attest to yeyoungs credentials as a grand master in all these studies. He far exceeds that of a teacher and is a living testimony to the heir of the yeyoung literatia lineage. Their are many people teaching thai chi and chiqong today. Very few know the real meaning of this type of work. If you want the "real" benefits of taichi or chigong you "need" a real master. This is a great chance, don't miss this opportunity to learn from one of the best. I personally study with master yeyoung and have had a tremendous change in energy(chi) and spirtuality. With any true art it's about time and energy if you want to excel. Good luck in your journey.

Few people do aspire and accomplish feats in scholarship as well as taichi, chi gong, and neidan. But i can certainly attest to yeyoungs credentials as a grand master in all these studies. He far exceeds that of a teacher and is a living testimony to the heir of the yeyoung literatia lineage. Their are many people teaching thai chi and chiqong today. Very few know the real meaning of this type of work. If you want the "real" benefits of taichi or chigong you "need" a real master. This is a great chance, don't miss this opportunity to learn from one of the best. I personally study with master yeyoung and have had a tremendous change in energy(chi) and spirtuality. With any true art it's about time and energy if you want to excel. Good luck in your journey.

Just out of curiousity how do you know Master YeYoung?

Just out of curiousity how do you know Master YeYoung?

I was looking for awhile to find a real master. It was starting to be a lost cause. Everybody claimed this or that but those are only words. Their true knowledge was shallow and incomplete. So I read a lot and tried it myself. That was a mistake! Even the books say you should find a master. But I was eager to learn. I felt nothing for a long time. Then out of no where, It felt like I was having a heart attack and my body surged with energy. It was very scary I could not go to sleep all night. So I quickly gave up that idea. Chi is very real! Then I came across his web site. I contacted him, on the phone then meet him in person after talking with him he seemed very knowledgeable. He explained by learning yourself or with a unqualified instructor you either learn nothing of value or enough to cause great harm to yourself. While never realizing your true potential.In the meanwhile you spend your money and years of your life for nothing. I have been training with him for some time. So I'm basing my opinion, on my personal experience with him. Everything on his website is accurate. He is a great teacher and I consider him family. I hope our paths continue throughout my life. ( sorry about the "Thai" chi ) Hope you find what your looking for.

I was looking for awhile to find a real master. It was starting to be a lost cause. Everybody claimed this or that but those are only words. Their true knowledge was shallow and incomplete. So I read a lot and tried it myself. That was a mistake! Even the books say you should find a master. But I was eager to learn. I felt nothing for a long time. Then out of no where, It felt like I was having a heart attack and my body surged with energy. It was very scary I could not go to sleep all night. So I quickly gave up that idea. Chi is very real! Then I came across his web site. I contacted him, on the phone then meet him in person after talking with him he seemed very knowledgeable. He explained by learning yourself or with a unqualified instructor you either learn nothing of value or enough to cause great harm to yourself. While never realizing your true potential.In the meanwhile you spend your money and years of your life for nothing. I have been training with him for some time. So I'm basing my opinion, on my personal experience with him. Everything on his website is accurate. He is a great teacher and I consider him family. I hope our paths continue throughout my life. ( sorry about the "Thai" chi ) Hope you find what your looking for.

I too have studied with YeYoung and no offense is meant by this but studying by yourself is absolutely fine. The masters of old had to do trial and error. Hundun is on this site too and he's in sacramento aswell and I can pretty much guarantee that you will progress faster with him than YeYoung, just because of the way YeYoung teaches. Dont get me wrong, I like YeYoung but he is very expensive for just a little bit whereas Hundun will throw you in the fast lane, with guidance of course.

I too have studied with YeYoung and no offense is meant by this but studying by yourself is absolutely fine. The masters of old had to do trial and error. Hundun is on this site too and he's in sacramento aswell and I can pretty much guarantee that you will progress faster with him than YeYoung, just because of the way YeYoung teaches. Dont get me wrong, I like YeYoung but he is very expensive for just a little bit whereas Hundun will throw you in the fast lane, with guidance of course.

That's very interesting. If you have trained with master Yeyoung why are you inquiring if he is legit? I understand if you cant afford it, everybody has a budgit, but are you REALLY questioning his accomplishments as a master.It is absolutely fine "to teach yourself" something "you don't know". People have free will to do as they please. Unfortunately the "masters of old" originally had no one to teach them this new art. But through oral tradition of student master relationships and thousands of years, the art of chi gong was perfected. In a different culture and time where your entire life could revolve in persuit of perfection. It seems highly unlikely you can ever achieve these results with an American new age chi gong book. In between going to work and any normal American lifestyle. I'm not against reading about chi gong I would definitely encourage somebody to learn about basic theory. If for some reason you cant find a teacher or cant afford one, I'm not against trying chigong either. Just don't be disillusion by thinking you will get the same results. Despite what some new age books tell you. How can you guarantee faster results with Hundan? If have not trained with Yeyoung for any significant amount of time? Unfortunately with chi qong their is no fastllane. Only time and effort! I have learned a LOT from Master Yeyoung and would give him the highest possible recommendation.

That's very interesting. If you have trained with master Yeyoung why are you inquiring if he is legit? I understand if you cant afford it, everybody has a budgit, but are you REALLY questioning his accomplishments as a master.It is absolutely fine "to teach yourself" something "you don't know". People have free will to do as they please. Unfortunately the "masters of old" originally had no one to teach them this new art. But through oral tradition of student master relationships and thousands of years, the art of chi gong was perfected. In a different culture and time where your entire life could revolve in persuit of perfection. It seems highly unlikely you can ever achieve these results with an American new age chi gong book. In between going to work and any normal American lifestyle. I'm not against reading about chi gong I would definitely encourage somebody to learn about basic theory. If for some reason you cant find a teacher or cant afford one, I'm not against trying chigong either. Just don't be disillusion by thinking you will get the same results. Despite what some new age books tell you. How can you guarantee faster results with Hundan? If have not trained with Yeyoung for any significant amount of time? Unfortunately with chi qong their is no fastllane. Only time and effort! I have learned a LOT from Master Yeyoung and would give him the highest possible recommendation.

When I originally made this post I had only trained a few times with YeYoung and wanted to know if anyone on the forum knew of him. That is how I met Hundun. Upon meeting Hundun he did a remarkable chi transmission. Seeing is believing as they say but FEELING, feeling is to KNOW. As far as books go, The Healing Promise of Qi is the best book you could ever buy and YES YOU COULD USE ONLY THAT BOOK. I'm taking it that you want an "authentic Chinese Qigong Master" and that's fine if that makes you train but uh...yeah.. I'd hit up Hundun. The worst that will happen is that you meet him and you drink some tea and leave and not train with him, no biggie. I can guarantee that you will be completely AMAZED by the first time you meet him however. I'm not arguing that YeYoung isnt authentic and has power, what I am arguing right now is effectiveness. YeYoung gives you a very, very small amount of transmission while training, Hundun however will transmit to you while your sitting down, drinking tea and watching an amazingly graceful form of qigong. If you've never sampled then you cannot say for certain that you are going in the right direction. No fastlane? You are sorely mistaken. There are many roads that lead to the top. Some are faster, some are slower, in the end its completely up to you and how open you are. If you arent aware of the natural ability within you, not GIVEN to you then your progress will be hindered. Anyway, chew on that for abit

The old wisdom on the subject is:

Fast at the beginning, slow in the end.

Slow at the beginning, fast in the end.

You think over the course of human history people are just now figuring out yoga/qigong/meditation training can be done faster? Or are there good reasons why every tradition, hermetic, yogic, and daoist all advocate a slower road?

Either they're still around 'cause they have succeeded or still around 'cause they haven't.

Fast or slow are less important than how deep and strong the roots are.

Of course.

The old wisdom on the subject is:

Fast at the beginning, slow in the end.

Slow at the beginning, fast in the end.

You think over the course of human history people are just now figuring out yoga/qigong/meditation training can be done faster? Or are there good reasons why every tradition, hermetic, yogic, and daoist all advocate a slower road?

Either they're still around 'cause they have succeeded or still around 'cause they haven't.

People are stuck on myths. The myth that any meditation practice takes years or months before you see any result is exactly that, a myth. You progress as fast or as slow as you want to progress, you just need to open yourself up to it. The reason for the slow road? I have no idea. Maybe it's the if it's not broke dont fix it attitude. It's funny how people get all bent and pissed when someone says that there is a fast method or that you advance as quickly as you want to.

If you have the chance to meet this Taoist teacher do so: Share K. Lew.

http://www.jadedragon.com/archives/lew.html

Good luck.

:)

Very nice

People are stuck on myths. The myth that any meditation practice takes years or months before you see any result is exactly that, a myth... The reason for the slow road? I have no idea. Maybe it's the if it's not broke dont fix it attitude. It's funny how people get all bent and pissed when someone says that there is a fast method or that you advance as quickly as you want to.

Pretty shallow answer.

I asked the question, "is there a reason for the slow road?" for you to think about, not toss off. There are many possible reasons:

One, the practice involves first building the Jing rather than just amping the Qi. Jing, broadly defined as the physical body, transforms slowly.

Two, traditional teachers may have feared fast energetic progress might out pace moral progress.

Three, slower progress allows you to study the process of change.

Four, easy come, easy go, quick results are often temporary.

Five, historically, cultivation was high technology, test a student's loyalty before giving away the full teaching.

Six, different practices progress at different speeds producing different results.

Seven, going fast, should problems appear, they'll progress faster too.

And so on and so forth. There are good reasons for fast and slow, don't assume someone is pissed because they disagree. Traditional wisdom deserves careful scrutiny. Engage your brain.

You progress as fast or as slow as you want to progress, you just need to open yourself up to it.

Good insight.

Edited by 松永道

Pretty shallow answer.

I asked the question, "is there a reason for the slow road?" for you to think about, not toss off. There are many possible reasons:

One, the practice involves first building the Jing rather than just amping the Qi. Jing, broadly defined as the physical body, transforms slowly.

Two, traditional teachers may have feared fast energetic progress might out pace moral progress.

Three, slower progress allows you to study the process of change.

Four, easy come, easy go, quick results are often temporary.

Five, historically, cultivation was high technology, test a student's loyalty before giving away the full teaching.

Six, different practices progress at different speeds producing different results.

Seven, going fast, should problems appear, they'll progress faster too.

And so on and so forth. There are good reasons for fast and slow, don't assume someone is pissed because they disagree. Traditional wisdom deserves careful scrutiny. Engage your brain.

Good insight.

The assumption is based on the stereoptype. More often than not it's them being pissed because you go against the "rules". I would be in agreement with number 2, 3, and 5. I believe that with the average person, a fast progression of "powers", for lack of a better word, would in fact feed the ego and then they forget to cultivate the other things.

Sign in to follow this