Sign in to follow this  
mwight

This Is Hauntingly Beautiful, and Perfect Form

xoXtpeq_JFc

High Quality
http://shifuyanlei.co.uk/movies/qigongvol1.mov

Jeez I hate seeing something I want to buy...

If I buy these would anyone want them used after I watch them *cough* I would sell it $50.00 cheaper than that site sells, and I will keep them in mint condition. Then you could resell them after you watch *cough* them also, minus $50.00 Ad infinitum... :) Edited by mwight

I am probably going to buy this just this guys qigong set, I'm not really interested in kung fu.

I am probably going to buy this just this guys qigong set, I'm not really interested in kung fu.

:lol:

Btw, that pseudo-monk is too external. No Neigong on him.

Edited by durkhrod chogori

:lol:

Btw, that pseudo-monk is too external. No Neigong on him.

My moves are hella rusty, but I was thinking the same thing. Good form, it just looked purely muscular without any flow...

:unsure:

He's got a dvd on internal meditations and bone marrow washing.

It means nothing.

Where do you live?

Maybe there is a good Neijia/Qigong instructor in your area you could learn from instead of relying on DVDs which IMO don't cut it.

Edit: And I forgot to add something. After watching him and his physique it wouldn't be surprising he has taken steroids (especially for a Yin Asian). <_<

Stay away from him!

Watch this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8o-rSzRGoHg&NR=1

Much better.

the production quality of the video is great. probably very enjoyable to watch. i'd only watch it for the aesthetic value, not that there's anything wrong with that.

for someone whose SOLE purpose is awakening, you seem to spend a lot of time and energy chasing after extra or unnecessary stuff. again, nothing at all wrong with that, but it's something you seem to deny about your own motives.

i LOVE to play with stuff! i'm all over the place in my practices, and i wouldn't have it any other way. i'll try just about anything that's beautiful. i'll take the more beautiful over the more powerful any day, so long as it speaks to me.

but i would also never state that my sole purpose is awakening. that just wouldn't be true.

ANYWAYZ,

for whatever that's worth. if no one else wants get the originals from you, let me know. i wouldn't mind adding this to my growing collection.

Edited by Hundun

This is my 1st post and sorry to start it like this but.....

durkhrod chogori

You have no idea what you are talking about, look at the Olympics China won most of the gold medals not bad for YIN ASIANS!!! :rolleyes:

This monk has an amazing body he has obviously put the time into his kung fu and would wipe the floor with that XingYi teacher (even in his prime).

MWright,

Dont under estimate Shaolin Yi Jin Jing there is alot to be learnt from this Gung, simple is most profound! :)

Spirit Ape

It means nothing.

Where do you live?

Maybe there is a good Neijia/Qigong instructor in your area you could learn from instead of relying on DVDs which IMO don't cut it.

Edit: And I forgot to add something. After watching him and his physique it wouldn't be surprising he has taken steroids (especially for a Yin Asian). <_<

Stay away from him!

Watch this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8o-rSzRGoHg&NR=1

Much better.

why do you invalidate a shaolin external martial artist because he has big muscles, and call him a pseudo monk with no information backing up your word what so ever?

My teacher is trained in Baguazhang, Xingyi, Yiquan, Northern Praying Mantis Kung Fu, and Chen/Yang Taijiquan. He most strongly believes in Yiquan. The qigong he teaches us is a lot like this. It looks like 90% of what is in the video is very rooting, probably other things too. This is considering he is usually in one of the standing postures, and also transitions from what I think I remember being horse stance to big step. Rooting is excellent, and will save you from a lot of problems and misdirection in life.

Edited by Pranaman

There is a saying in shaolin "You are as strong as your horse" all movements and all breathing must be understood through the cultivation of stances. If your horse is weak then you will never have strong QI!

This is my 1st post and sorry to start it like this but.....

durkhrod chogori

You have no idea what you are talking about, look at the Olympics China won most of the gold medals not bad for YIN ASIANS!!! :rolleyes:

This monk has an amazing body he has obviously put the time into his kung fu and would wipe the floor with that XingYi teacher (even in his prime).

MWright,

Dont under estimate Shaolin Yi Jin Jing there is alot to be learnt from this Gung, simple is most profound! :)

Spirit Ape

your right. but maybe not on xingyi vs kung fu, xingyi is great with dealing with shaolin kungfu. i am a newbie and don't have an eye for skill. I guess i'm not the only one that would realistically know who would win the fight.

Anyway, seems like it would be a worthy DVD if you weren't lazy. You couldn't just sit there and do neigong like a lazy ass or highly adept. You'd have to get past the shakes and heat that makes you feel accomplished in the end.

Edited by Pranaman

Hi,

I think i said that comparing these 2 teachers Monk vs xingyi master on the clip, the 12 animal drills are really nothing special IMHO this monk trains like a MMA guy as well Kung fu artist. He also knows internal arts Rou Quan and the like. I would say he would also know about Xingyi!?

The point of all this is this monk has trained hard to achieve that body and unless you go and cross hands with him you will never know the true power of his shaolin skill.

cheers

Spirit Ape

:blink:

Calm down.

Please do not tell me that you believe in the whole Olympics thing.

Watch this:

And not only her, most of pro athletes are on the juice.

http://www.cheatingculture.com/olympics.htm

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/olympics_2004/3610830.stm

And tests sometimes are useless with athletes with a genetic variance:

http://ec.europa.eu/research/headlines/new...8_04_23_en.html

Shaolin today is a circus. There is no internal power on any of those circus-performing monks. And Shaolin are Buddhist, they don't practice Taoist Neijia.

I feel you are part of the new Chinese brainwashed by the commies. It's a shame what happened to China after the departure of Chiang Kai-shek.

One last thing, that monk has used steroids, period.

I don't see any point in all this "my style is better than your style" talk.

:rolleyes:

Fights are often messy, chaotic events. There's rarely anything certain about them.

Of course effective styles, good physical conditioning, and advanced skills are all very helpful. But none of them can ever guarantee safety or success in a street fight.

Sometimes the skinny little guy wipes the floor with the big tough guy. Sometimes The Super Death Touch Master loses to the drunk slob at the local bar. You just never know for sure what's going to happen in a fight.

Heck, while Bruce Lee was filming "Enter the Dragon," he cut himself on a broken bottle during a fight-scene that he choreographed!

:blink:

Im fine, but i still dont think you understand nei gung is nei gung taoist or buddhist its all one qi. Shaolin nei gung has many seated, lying, standing meditations both using external and internal body methods. Shaolin these days maybe a circus as much as Wudang, Hua Shan, Ngor Mei as most of what is taught to the public is Wushu. Yes there is still many shaolin systems teaching fighting and Nei Gung and the same wouldbe said for the rest i mentioned.

Professional athletes sometimes do use steroids and what not to enhance there performance and push Them to the next levels. Do i agree with it yes and no i think in the past chinese have been using herbs and all types of performance drugs/compounds from herbs to better there health and performance.

Even John Chang did alot of strength training i beliebve he also did some weights etc along with his horse stances, meditations.

I think if you balance out external and internal you will understand all about Nei Gung such as John Chang and the ancient warrior monks of shaolin.

spirit ape

Well strength training does nothing for internal power, and it really is detrimental because tension only leads to chi blockage.

If you practice Mabu with Bagua & Xingyi for instance you'll develop your external power as well, naturally, without adding tension to your body by using external devices.

I am not saying that my style is better than yours in here. Just following Traditional Taoist practices which I always believed are the best for health as well as spiritual development. Later you have Buddhism which is the best system for enlightenment. Period.

Well strength training does nothing for internal power, and it really is detrimental because tension only leads to chi blockage.

If you practice Mabu with Bagua & Xingyi for instance you'll develop your external power as well, naturally, without adding tension to your body by using external devices.

I am not saying that my style is better than yours in here. Just following Traditional Taoist practices which I always believed are the best for health as well as spiritual development. Later you have Buddhism which is the best system for enlightenment. Period.

LOL were you aware that being over-opinionated is a "tension" in the mind which detracts from any endeavour of enlightenment.

True and not true. Many very good internal artists start from an external background. This is no coincidence. Developing a good vehicle is very important. Jing, used in a broad sense, is the physical body. It's the foundation for Qi. Tight muscles are blocked, loose/weak muscles are deficient. Tight muscles need to be softened, deficient muscles need to be built up. Strength training is great for deficient muscles, but it will make them tighter, so you simply must balance the practice by softening after building.

Every martial art has form, application, and gongfu, or bodybuilding practices. Even the gongfu of softest Taijiquan incorporates muscle-tendon changing exercises, work with weights (traditionally sand bags), etc. The interesting thing about many exercises is they start off as strength training, take the horse stance for instance, but they later become internal. This is even true for meditation, a body that cannot hold itself up cannot enter deep, relaxed states.

In essence, strength training is the foundation of internal power. It the first stage. It should neither be overemphasized nor under emphasized.

all in all, external or internal. Shaolin Kung-Fu being both. Doing the work will definitely help with all levels of being. Period.

Guy's I'll be honest. I don't know jack about shaolin style qigong. I just found this guys video on youtube, and felt really inspired after watching him. It really resonated with me. I probably wont buy his dvd's unless someone else is interested buying them used from me. $90 would buy quite a lot of food and I need all the help I can get with that.

I would probably be wasting my money, I would rather save it for Dr. Johnson's Neigong book.

One last thing, that monk has used steroids, period.
Lol, "period?"

I guess anyone with any muscles is guilty until proven innocent? Even a Shaolin monk? Or weightlifters or gymnasts?

4.jpg_38291721_maosheng150.jpg

maosheng%20le.jpgThe.Way.Of.The.Dragon.1972.Bruce.Lee.flex.front.jpg

610x.jpg

li.jpg159195270_7dec1f7d85_m.jpg

Reality is, if you do a lot of strength exercises with weights or bodyweight, how can you NOT grow bigger muscles???

And yes, there are natural Asian mesomorphs, too - just like any other race...

BTW, Dara Torres credits her performance to meridian stretching. Keep in mind that flexibility is veryyy important in swimming, if not necessarily other sports...

yUPMCu7WAzA

Meridian stretching is based off resisitance to stretch and strength at the same time!

All shaolin 72 methods are based off strengthening and conditioning the body some of these 72 skills have nei gung and have amazing powers. Taiji use spheres, bags same goes for Bagua and striking post i still think you dont understand the theories of kung fu and that TRUE kung fu has nei gung and fighting as well enlightenment. Shaolin was such a place that developed the most powerful fighters of China if not the world at a certain time.

Mwight,

Depending on your path if you are nt interested im kung fu (fighting or forms) and you are heading into the forest for nei gung as long as you have some type of stretching and i guess you will be doing gardening or hunting for food. What im saying is make sure you have a balance for keeping your body strong and flexible it will help your nei gung.

Spirit Ape

Meridian stretching is based off resisitance to stretch and strength at the same time!

All shaolin 72 methods are based off strengthening and conditioning the body some of these 72 skills have nei gung and have amazing powers. Taiji use spheres, bags same goes for Bagua and striking post i still think you dont understand the theories of kung fu and that TRUE kung fu has nei gung and fighting as well enlightenment. Shaolin was such a place that developed the most powerful fighters of China if not the world at a certain time.

Mwight,

Depending on your path if you are nt interested im kung fu (fighting or forms) and you are heading into the forest for nei gung as long as you have some type of stretching and i guess you will be doing gardening or hunting for food. What im saying is make sure you have a balance for keeping your body strong and flexible it will help your nei gung.

Spirit Ape

Blah blah blah, I know he's authentic, I know he isn't authentic. Blah blah blah.

This is like every other thread on Tao Bums.

And of course when it comes to developing Qi and practicing cultivation, nobody thinks to read important Daoist classics or Buddhist sutras. Everyone just wants to follow Guru X and his super-magic-powers-neigong-or-qigong system.

Sign in to follow this