Wanderer

Stripping the Gurus

I read some of this years ago. I thought it was some of the biggest dumbass crap I have ever read.

I read some of this years ago. I thought it was some of the biggest dumbass crap I have ever read.

serious

but funny still

but wise to take caution

though wise to share your heart

had heard/seen some before

but thanks for the link

can only read a little of that stuff at a time!

some of that is SOooo BAaaad !

Yes, it's clear there are no perfect beings "known" on this planet. Perfection, like a true straight line is a logical or theoretical entity; a description and prescription that does not exist outside the world of ideas as a manifest object or principle exhaustively embodied. However, simultaneously we may posit all things singular or as the non-dual whole are indeed perfectly what they are; yet, indeed, that would be yet another philosophical construct existing only in the conceptual realm. Things just are what they are, neither perfect nor imperfect, labeled or not by man.

Certainly humans are naively idealistic creatures...

In kind regards,

Adam.

Yes, it's clear there are no perfect beings "known" on this planet...

Well, if you don't find this human being perfect for what he taught:

2wfomlv.jpg

Then what was he?

:huh:

I'm personally a bit suspicious of this guru:

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

durkhrod chogori,

So very beautiful .

Patrick Brown,

Just laughed my friggin tail off!

Thank you both!

was needing that!

I tend to agree with Adam West...it seems to me that no one is perfect. Not even truly enlightened ones. To place our whole trust in another human being is stupid, and to allow another human being to place their whole trust in us is cruel and dishonest. So even though I haven't read the book, I will say that the author is doing something good...shedding light on the huge shadows of the most famous gurus. :ph34r:

Thanks my sensitive online pal :)

Attaining Buddhahood is absolute perfection. The last step to Nirvana. Hmm...that elusive final goal. :(

Regarding the gurus being criticised here. Well...they also suffer and we should feel love and compassion for them as well:

Namo ratnarayaya Namo aryavalokitesvaraya/Bodhisattvaya/mahasattvaya/mahakarunikaya/Om/sarva abhayah/sunadhasya/Namo sukrtvemama/aryavalokitesvaragarbha/Namo nilakantha/(Siri)Mahabhadrasrame/Sarvathasubham/ajeyam/sarvasattvanamavarga/mahadhatu/Tadyatha/Om avaloke/lokite/kalate/Hari/mahabodhisattva/sarva sarva/mala mala/(Masi) Mahahrdayam/kuru kuru karmam/(Kuru) Kuruvijayati/mahavijayati/Dharadhara/dharin suraya/Chala chala/mama bhramara/muktir/Ehi ehi/chinda chinda/harsam prachali/Basa basam presaya/hulu hulu mala/Hulu hulu hilo/sara sara/siri siri/suru suru/Bodhiya bodhiya/bodhaya bodhaya/Maitreya/nilakantha/dharsinina/Payamana svaha/siddhaya svaha/mahasiddhaya svaha/Siddhayogesvaraya svaha/nilakanthasvaha/Varahananaya svaha/simhasiramukhaya svaha/Sarvamahasiddhaya svaha/cakrasiddhaya svaha/Padmahastaya svaha/nilakanthavikaraya svaha/Mahasisankaraya svaha/Namo ratnatrayaya/Namo aryavalokitesvaraya svaha/Om siddhyantu/mantrapadaya svaha.

If we insist in making artificial demarcations, for discussions sake, then we can say enlightenment does not make us objectively perfect, it merely dissolves the sense of separate self, leaving all our baggage to be worked through over time. I believe we can find countless real life accounts to support this, assuming we can charitably accept any said individual has realized the non-dual. Further, I would postulate enlightenment is progressive and in stages; insofar as, the shift into the non-dual is instant, but the realization of the infinite is by definition without end and progressive. Being and Becoming exist simultaneously; both temporally and atemporally. Obviously classical logic is inadequate to describe these relationships. However, non-classical does just fine.

It may be that no being on this planet or indeed this plane of existence has EVER achieve ABSOLUTE enlightenment. That is where the confusion is found. Theoretically, assuming a particular metaphysics, if an absolute and exhaustively enlightened being existed physically present, before us, then yes, she may be perfect in every sense by definition, due to her absolute and COMPLETE enlightenment or realization of ALL that she is. Hence, he would be without limitation and attribute, yet able to embody all attributes, for this is the Dao. However, it may be that no such being has ever existed in this realm of manifestation. We may simply be too low on the scale of evolution to find any amongst us. We may all intuitively perceive this is possible and fundamental to our true nature, however, sensing our potential and realizing or actualizing it are two different things. All evidence seems to supports this thesis.

In kind regards,

Adam.

For me personally it was difficult to accept the fact that Krishnamurti had carried on an affair with his friend's wife for 25 years. I'd actually heard about this long ago but dismissed it. I've read many of his books over the years and saw him in San Francisco in '85, so for me this was the proverbial 'bitter pill'.

I can't prove one way or another just how much of what this guy says is true though I suspect much of it is. If this is so then what he's saying isn't "a bunch of crap" nor is he "clueless" as some here have suggested. Shining a light on people's heroes is always a risky business and usually entails a backlash of criticism from followers and naysayers. Nobody likes to read about the foibles of people they admire.

If anything I applaud this guy for having the courage to step forward and do what few would dare, painful as it might be to many people's precious, preconceived ideas. It takes courage to tell the truth! But most important it proves one thing: even the gods aren't perfect!

Edited by Wanderer

It takes courage to tell the truth!

Well, he thinks what he says is the truth! It could, a lot of it in fact is, BS :D

That is what distinguishes a spiritual seeker from someone else like this guy who made this website! Is it really of any practical benefit discussing him or his site?

Edited by SiliconValley

Namo ratnarayaya Namo aryavalokitesvaraya/Bodhisattvaya/mahasattvaya/mahakarunikaya/Om/sarva abhayah/sunadhasya/Namo sukrtvemama/aryavalokitesvaragarbha/Namo nilakantha/(Siri)Mahabhadrasrame/Sarvathasubham/ajeyam/sarvasattvanamavarga/mahadhatu/Tadyatha/Om avaloke/lokite/kalate/Hari/mahabodhisattva/sarva sarva/mala mala/(Masi) Mahahrdayam/kuru kuru karmam/(Kuru) Kuruvijayati/mahavijayati/Dharadhara/dharin suraya/Chala chala/mama bhramara/muktir/Ehi ehi/chinda chinda/harsam prachali/Basa basam presaya/hulu hulu mala/Hulu hulu hilo/sara sara/siri siri/suru suru/Bodhiya bodhiya/bodhaya bodhaya/Maitreya/nilakantha/dharsinina/Payamana svaha/siddhaya svaha/mahasiddhaya svaha/Siddhayogesvaraya svaha/nilakanthasvaha/Varahananaya svaha/simhasiramukhaya svaha/Sarvamahasiddhaya svaha/cakrasiddhaya svaha/Padmahastaya svaha/nilakanthavikaraya svaha/Mahasisankaraya svaha/Namo ratnatrayaya/Namo aryavalokitesvaraya svaha/Om siddhyantu/mantrapadaya svaha.

This amazing dharani is good to recite everyday. Homage to the greatly wise and compassionate Avalokitesvara noble & inconcievably virtuous.

BTW, Durkhord, do you have an audio source of the dharani in sanskrit (as above). I've only ever come accross the audio in mandarin. I much prefer sanskrit.

Edited by mat black

Is it really of any practical benefit discussing him or his site?

To point people towards the path and not the person. To the truth and not the teacher. To keep them from being abused and manipulated...

To point people towards the path and not the person. To the truth and not the teacher. To keep them from being abused and manipulated...

Okay! As long as we know what we are doing and what we really are capable of! A Guru is what one goes to based on his Karma and the resulting Vasana and if one thinks, he/she can guide/lead a person to/away from someone...based on ...well...what we think are facts that we perceive with our limited faculties of understanding....sure! :D:D

Moreover, the guy we are discussing here speaks nothing of the path of any of these Gurus but more so of their personal lives!

Edited by SiliconValley

This amazing dharani is good to recite everyday. Homage to the greatly wise and compassionate Avalokitesvara noble & inconcievably virtuous.

BTW, Durkhord, do you have an audio source of the dharani in sanskrit (as above). I've only ever come accross the audio in mandarin. I much prefer sanskrit.

Hi Matt,

Here we go:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qiAT07i_lus...feature=related

Very Yin chanting (female) a pure delight to the spirit. :)