Sign in to follow this  
amm1985

neigong in china

hi everyone! I'm wondering if someone here could help me. I'm a complete beginner but very interested in neigong -- does anyone know if there is somewhere in CHINA where I could practice it in the LONG TERM (1 year or so). Any help would be appreciated!

1 year or so it's short term.

Do you speak mandarin?

Qigong is widely practiced in China. Just go there and you'll find what you are after if it is meant to be.

Good luck.

hi everyone! I'm wondering if someone here could help me. I'm a complete beginner but very interested in neigong -- does anyone know if there is somewhere in CHINA where I could practice it in the LONG TERM (1 year or so). Any help would be appreciated!

Dude, if you're a complete beginner, start where you are.

First, laying the foundation to even begin practicing Neigong takes time. More than 1 year.

Second, if you don't have connections you will get totally fleeced. Many many Chinese say they practice Neigong but they really don't. In every park you'll find many so-called masters all-to-willing to teach anyone who can pay, especially a foreigner. These guys may even have some low-level qigong ability (smash stones, iron body, etc), but don't confuse this with Neigong.

If you're really serious, find a qigong/taijiquan teacher where you live, preferably one who studied in China, start learning Mandarin, and practice hard every day. With patience, perseverance, and good people skills you can achieve your goal.

Edited by 松永道

Dude, if you're a complete beginner, start where you are.

First, laying the foundation to even begin practicing Neigong takes time. More than 1 year.

Second, if you don't have connections you will get totally fleeced. Many many Chinese say they practice Neigong but they really don't. In every park you'll find many so-called masters all-to-willing to teach anyone who can pay, especially a foreigner. These guys may even have some low-level qigong ability (smash stones, iron body, etc), but don't confuse this with Neigong.

If you're really serious, find a qigong/taijiquan teacher where you live, preferably one who studied in China, start learning Mandarin, and practice hard every day. With patience, perseverance, and good people skills you can achieve your goal.

nah, man...i know some mandarin. I asked about china because that's where I live! (i'm an expat in Shanghai...I'm willing to move around the country though)

There is a Shanghai Martial Arts Association and at least one qigong hospital that you can research and find. Or go to the old racetrack at 5:30 am and look at the groups practicing, you might find one that you'd like to join. If you go to a China Travel Service agency that caters to tourists they might know of teachers who accept foreign students.

Hmmm...Better if you show some manners before asking for help. You are just being rude.

Traditionally in Taoism only few were selected for higher teachings.

In Buddhism they are open but not many last because the teachings themselves are the test.

Good luck.

Sign in to follow this