Sign in to follow this  
Dr. Love

The dangers of celibacy

so i haven't been masturbating for a long while now.

to be honest, i feel great... full of energy.

sometimes i am a bit hyperactive though :lol:

anyway, i'm a bit of a newbie to celibacy,

but i've heard there are dangers to not masturbating?

what would these dangers be?

Calm down

~

Master Kwan Saihung never have masturbate and he is 76 years old and virgin!

Edited by HugoOlivaresMila

Did you forget what forums you are on or something? We'd be posting on Christianforums if we wanted to hear that rubbish.

in the first page of this forum you can read:

Discussion is encouraged to wander eclectically across a wide range of spiritual thought and practice, whether Buddhist, Yogic, Tantric, Judaic, Advaitic, Christian, Islamic, Shamanic, Occult, "New Age", Integral... As long as you are up for a good time, you're welcome to discuss your path.

No dangers. I haven't masturbated since 1993 and I am fine physically, mentally and I think my spiritual progress was enhanced by the choice to retain.

Edited by DarinHamel

Discussion is encouraged to wander eclectically across a wide range of spiritual thought and practice, whether Buddhist, Yogic, Tantric, Judaic, Advaitic, Christian, Islamic, Shamanic, Occult, "New Age", Integral... As long as you are up for a good time, you're welcome to discuss your path.

Hey now?

Every "religion" has a left and right(for and against "sex" )hand path.

Research if ya like!

And Taoists fallow many cool paths!

Dr. Love?

Are you male or female or another?

I personally don't know of actual dangers with "C"

but know there are things "M" can help with.

So sorry men :(

but one thing for Women, if they are late getting there period

or having trouble regulating their cycle, They say to "M".

Helps for many folks.

Is there a Need?

LOL!

One knows themselves well enough past the age of (???)

to know if there is a need!

Ok.

That's all. I'mmouttathisconversationnow!!!

*BLUSH**BLUSH**BLUSH**BLUSH*

Bye!

S

I don't think Christianity is an issue, dogma, fundamentalism, and irrationality are the problems, but they are problems found in many other religions besides Christianity. One of my coolest friends is a Gnostic Christian, his motto is that the bible was written by man, and to truly know god you should commune with him directly.

All religions are welcome here! Manners, kindness, acceptance, etc aren't taobum strongpoints, however.

In general, I think celibacy can be perfectly safe as long as there aren't strong emotions associated with it. Like in the Bible verse, if there's a lot of lust felt (either normal, everyday lust or induced by sexually aroused cultivation practice or herbal boosters, etc) then that's when things get complicated and requires lots of cultivation skill or a regular release. Alchemicaltaoism.com is a good resource along these lines.

Yoda

but i've heard there are dangers to not masturbating?

what would these dangers be?

If you don't cultivate, it can lead to all type of physical/mental problems. Pick up some basic meditation from Daniel Ingram's book or from Bill Bodri's website and start practicing. Learn self-massage and testicle massage and do them every day.

No dangers. I have masturbated since 1993 and I am fine physically, mentally and I think my spiritual progress was enhanced by the choice to retain.

Don't you mean 'haven't'? Just wondering if that's a typo or not? :unsure:

As far as I know there is evidence that men who masturbate in their younger years have much lower rates of prostate cancer and testicular cancer. Of course as men get older ejaculation will cause them to feel tired, foggy minded and more prone to emotional out bursts. So seamen retention, with or without masturbation, may make people feel great initially but may be storing up problems later in life (no pun intended). I figure for the uninitiated it's better to follow the middle way and to enjoy yourself but not to excess.

In Tibetan Buddhism, and many other traditions, monks are taught that, until enlightenment is archived, they should avoid masturbation and the lose of seamen as it will take them straight to hell!

Years ago I read something about certain Tibetan Buddhist practices which involved a yoga that pulled semen up into the head (remember semen and cerebrospinal fluid are chemically very similar). After a period of time a kind of cyst forms on top of the head which over the years gets larger. The students is told that if the cyst is burst before enlightenment they will go straight to hell! This cyst is often hinted at in Buddhist art.

Edited by Patrick Brown

Don't you mean 'haven't'? Just wondering if that's a typo or not? :unsure:

Yeah, thanks..... Edit done. Havent', haven't, haven't!

Yes, all religions are welcome to be talked about here, but I don't think you will find a single person that comes here to be beaten about with the sin concept when they ask a personal question. As I said, if they wanted that they would go to a forum where that is commonplace.

Yes, all religions are welcome to be talked about here, but I don't think you will find a single person that comes here to be beaten about with the sin concept when they ask a personal question. As I said, if they wanted that they would go to a forum where that is commonplace.

You might want to speak for yourself. That link goes to a quote from the Bible that is no more dogmatic than what is contained in the Buddhist's precepts or many ideas from the Tao te Ching. That quote was hardly beating anybody over the head.

A person should be able to hear about another's way and be more and more in accord with his own. At least that's what Forrest Whitaker says in Ghost Dog!

We have many different kinds of people here and if you dont like Christian scripture being quoted well.... do you feel the same about Buddhist scritpure? I know that this is a Taoist site but we accept all kinds here. Personally, I am a devout Catholic who practices Taoist alchemy. I loved reading that scripture so you just found your "single person"...... but probably just me loved it though to be honest.

. I loved reading that scripture so you just found your "single person"

Ummm, haha, not so sure christianity would want this raggedy child, but I had to book mark it!

Have read the bible 4 or 5 times (LONG AGO) or so and can never recall where stuff is in it ???

Thought It was cool ? ... U can search just a few words and it comes up with the passage :D

So that's a couple "single person"s !

... Love stuff like that!

Peace!

Shon

probably sites like that for all kinds of Holy books ?

Hmmm? gonna have to play with that!

You might want to speak for yourself. That link goes to a quote from the Bible that is no more dogmatic than what is contained in the Buddhist's precepts or many ideas from the Tao te Ching. That quote was hardly beating anybody over the head.

A person should be able to hear about another's way and be more and more in accord with his own. At least that's what Forrest Whitaker says in Ghost Dog!

Hmmm I don't see what the problem with the quote is.

I'm not a Christian, in fact I don't adhere to any religion or system, but I do think there's a ton of wisdom in the Bible. Unfortunately there's also a ton of shit but hey it's a series of books written by people so what do you expect?

Some of the translations of the 'Tao Te Ching' are pretty rank so perhaps it all comes down to interpretation?

As for the Matthew quote above doesn't it simply mean that we are all married to ourselves in our heart?

Oh ffs. I guess I'm just going to have to break this down some. Just like another other bit of scripture, this has to be taken in context, and then it is much easier to see how it is dogmatic and a teaching written to cause grief.

27"You have heard that it was said, 'Do not commit adultery.' 28 But I tell you that anyone who looks at a woman lustfully has already committed adultery with her in his heart. 29 If your right eye causes you to sin, gouge it out and throw it away. It is better for you to lose one part of your body than for your whole body to be thrown into hell. 30 And if your right hand causes you to sin, cut it off and throw it away. It is better for you to lose one part of your body than for your whole body to go into hell.

Looks a bit more ominous and nasty when you see the whole of the teaching, not just an isolated sentence, huh? Comparing it to the Buddhist precepts is just silly as well. The precepts are to help you get farther in your practice by doing right things. Not saying that if you do those wrong things you will burn in eternity in a lake of fire. Comparing the 2 is like apples and oranges.

And as a final thought...If we aren't to look at others in a lustful manner, wouldn't the world be a much less populated place? That lust we feel is our base instincts for procreation.

And as a final thought...If we aren't to look at others in a lustful manner, wouldn't the world be a much less populated place? That lust we feel is our base instincts for procreation.

well,

i suspect that meditation may not be the natural way of being.

maybe the natural way of being is to be dominated by the ego,

and just follow lust and desire and fear and hate.

maybe this is a distorted memory

but if i'm not mistaken there is in a certain tao teh ching translation

the passage that says:

"the master can can get a erect penis,

but does not know what it is for"

such is how i experience my male body in meditational being,

sometimes the body may give a erect penis,

but if i'm living in a state of pure awareness

there is not the desire to start wanking my penis.

the erect penis just goes away by itself after a short while.

i agree that the bible has some unpretty stuff in it,

but some pretty stuff as well.

for example,

"even though i walk in the shadow of the valley of death, i shall fear no evil for thou art with me"

or "he who is without sin, throw the first stone"

i think the figure in the bible called "jesus" also said very nicely that the body is just "flesh and bones",

and that the true life is in the spirit, so that we should not waste our energy in pursuiting Fleshly Pleasures

Edited by Dr. Love

lostmonk

27"You have heard that it was said, 'Do not commit adultery.' 28 But I tell you that anyone who looks at a woman lustfully has already committed adultery with her in his heart. 29 If your right eye causes you to sin, gouge it out and throw it away. It is better for you to lose one part of your body than for your whole body to be thrown into hell. 30 And if your right hand causes you to sin,cut it off and throw it away. It is better for you to lose one part of your body than for your whole body to go into hell."

Sensory Field Awareness : Centers to Edges as Condensation and Dissipation of Chi intooutof Li.

Organizing & Disorganizing Fields. Body Timbre. Harmonic & Dissonant. Isolate to Integrate. Sensory Synthenasia through Deprivation.

Looks a bit more ominous and nasty when you see the whole of the teaching, not just an isolated sentence...

Concept: Death = Rebirth / Removal = Regeneration

Comparing it to the Buddhist precepts is just silly as well. The precepts are to help you get farther in your practice by doing right things.

Merit can be a primary field of cultivation. The moral distribution of the will is the metaphor of the Ox and Herdboy. Husbandry.

Not saying that if you do those wrong things you will burn in eternity in a lake of fire. Comparing the 2 is like apples and oranges.

Action-Response, Call-Answer, Act-Audience, Contract-Expand, Self-Selflessness, Apples-Oranges

The Boy rides the Ox Backwards. Glimmer from Within. Without.

Edited by Spectrum

No, lust is a vice created when our minds objectify the opposite sex. If we stopped doing that we would have much happier marraiges and families. Love should be the motivation behind children and procreation and not lust. As evolved humans, our base instinct for procreation is love.... not lust.

Sign in to follow this