Sign in to follow this  
de_paradise

Heart strengthening strategies.

what is your cultivation stuff?

whats your heart doing? heart palpitations?

That is one side effect of bringing energy up the spine in an unsafe manner.Ive felt it my self many times, but it ceased when i stopped with this energy practice

Heart Healing Sound:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MoDyilMA6x8

The sound is "Qher" but without saying the "r".

However you should add the following to that process:

1. While holding your breath, use your mind to lead chi up from your yinbai point on the Spleen Channel, passing through your shangqiu, your sanyinjiao and your yinlingquan points. Then lead the qi up the inside of you thigs and into your abdomen. Continue up into your Heart Channel.

2. During exhalation, lead chi from your Heart Channel through your shaohai point, to your shenmen point, and out through your shaochong point at the tip of your little finger. Exhale out all the impurities in your Heart Channel.

Here's a page that will help you locate both meridians and the aforementioned points:

http://www.acupuncture.com.au/education/me.../meridians.html

This Gong should be repeated 3 times.

Good luck :)

A few things helpful to the heart-

eating fish oil

taking hawthorne extract- get the liquid at health food stores

acupoints on inner wrist- try to find the heart points on the wrist online

dan shen pian- cheap chinese herbal pills, try chinatown or online

moderate aerobic exercise

Garlic oil,

Fish oil with out mercury

niacin

Aloe juice

coconut juice (pure not canned Bullshit)

Vitamin c

ok now internal practices:

Inner smile in heart

Exhale HA sound with each exhale.

rooting/grounding

Deep Belly breathing relaxed and very Yin.

Long walks with Deep belly breathing and inner smile.

Peace

Santiago

Thanks for all your replies. I'm trying them out.

As for the questions, the heart worry is likely transformation related, not specific meditation related.

No. Read my post above.

Haha what do you mean NO?

HA is te expel heart issues & also purify anahata winds.

it is used in Bon po & many tibetan trulkhors to purify heart.

Breathe soft moisture up from kidneys to heart and excess heat down from heart to kidneys.

Choo up and ha down, or whatever sounds float your personal boat-system.

And strongly suggest not to think in terms of strengthening. Not appropriate!

When exploring heart look out for self-judgement stored at back of heart level. Easy to miss.

All best wishes,

I

The best exercise to strengthen the heart meridian is zhan zhang standing meditation, with the hands facing your chest. It helps the whole heart meridian and heart band ( kind of like sargeant pepper's only without any toe tapping ), is easy to do, and you get to stand outside among the trees.

The best reference for this is The Way of Energy by LOam Kam Chuen, available through Amazon Books.

Volunteer work.

M

Hi Thelerner! I want to know your opinion about new events in SouthOssetia-Georgia Conflict, I am seeking for you in www.healingdao.com forum taoist discussion. Do you attend the mentioned forum in www.healingdao.com ? New points of view on this conflict are presented there.

Volunteer work.

M

Well said! I work in the charity sector (fundraising/communications) and also volunteer every now and again. Brilliant... A superb feeling of elation at the end of the day. Nothing quite like it - spending your day helping others soothes the heart. Right livelihood :)

My personal experience is that also regular social contact (not sexual) with females is soothing too.

Practice-wise I do a massage that Yogani recommends before doing asanas, doing each of your limbs and after each one ending on the heart. Also, there are HAM - SA breaths which make my heart glow some :D

As the above have mentioned diet is very important: fish oils, garlic, fruit (particularly apples), oats... Not to forget exercise, but unless all you do is seated meditation I would imagine you might have this one already in the bag!

Stay healthy,

James

[edit for spelling]

Edited by .broken.

My teacher showed me a qi gong form that aims at balancing the fire and water energies of the heart/kidneys

Start of standing, correct posture, relax, breath in to abdomen, smile

then visualize fire burning in your heart/ Tung Jung for 2 minutes.Once you have established that image strongly in your mind then visualize water in your kidneys and ming men for 2 mins

Then place left lao gong palm point on your heart center, right lao gong palm point on your ming men and start rotaing at your waist very slowly, softly, while at the same time focusing on both points , start in a anti clockwise circle motion. Do it for about 5 minutes then reverse and rotate for another 5 mins. Remember to smile during the entire time :)

Edited by qijack

Haha what do you mean NO?

HA is te expel heart issues & also purify anahata winds.

it is used in Bon po & many tibetan trulkhors to purify heart.

Well when I said No is No and period. End of story.

Hahaha. ;)

It looks like in Tibetan health practices the sound used is the one you mentioned but in Chinese Taoist practices the sound is "Kher".

Take care :)

Sign in to follow this