宁

Is the Earth Growing?

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VjgidAICoQI&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param'>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VjgidAICoQI&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VjgidAICoQI&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

yeah!

:)

where does the additional material comes from... i mean, from inside the earth, or from outside... and how...

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Just a test embed, chosen at random. Thanks for the lesson!

where does the additional material comes from... i mean, from inside the earth, or from outside... and how...

According to the wikipedia article, it isn't that there is extra material... Rather the material that the earth is made of is actually becoming less dense, due to changes in heat. I'm wondering if the earth was covered in land 80 million years ago, where was all the water in all the oceans back then?

It's a pretty neat idea though.

I wonder, if this is true, and is a law in cosmic evolution, how can this view upon things can improve our understanding... on practice for instance

where's an expert when you need it

i dont believe it! because there were dinosaur fish also.

well nice fairy tale

i dont believe it! because there were dinosaur fish also.

well nice fairy tale

:lol: solid argument there!

this actually does make some sense, never seen this theory before.

Interesting stuff,

What about the water though? Where was it before? I suppose a lot of exposed land these days is thought to have been ancient sea floor (due to fossil records). But where the continents really all pushed together with the same amount of water we have now, wouldn't that have covered most everything? Just a few little islands here and there?

Also what about the tectonic upheaval responsible for the Himalayas and other similar mountain ranges? Continental drift seems to answer that question pretty well.

I'm intrigued but unconvinced.

I have no idea whether it is growing or not but what I really know is that is becoming increasingly more Yang and will eventually reach a Yin state (glaciation) to reach the balance again.

The problem is that this growth is not going to really have a healing effect on the damage done by the constant human unawakened activity. It will be the end of it sometimes in the near future.