Taomeow

Wang Liping makes a statement (re: WL in Denmark)

OK, as promised, I made further inquiries regarding the Denmark seminar controversy. Below I translate the part of the response I got that I was specifically asked to publish here -- Wang Liping's statement dictated over the phone to his student, Viktor Siao, on August 22, 2008:

"October 15th through 25th, I will be conducting a seminar in Jinhua, Zhejiang. This seminar has been approved by the government of the Zhejiang province and the Managing Committee of National Religious Affairs of the region. Now every effort is being put into the preparation of this seminar. The question of whether we can invite foreign enthusiasts to attend this seminar is still being discussed by the authorities. If we receive such permission, we will make an announcement to this effect to people outside of China. After the seminar I'm leaving for the Putoshan mountains for a few days.

Here are my questions to David:

How many people does he intend to invite together with me, including my family and my assistants?

Is he planning on paying for our round trip?

When is he going to, and can he, arrange for, and pay for, the visas for all of us?

Will he pay for the appropriate living accommodations and food for the whole team?

How many participants is he planning on gathering to attend the seminar?

What is the square footage and condition of the premises designated for the seminar?

What kind of remuneration are we going to receive for our work, and how much are the participants of the seminar going to pay?

None of the above, nor many other pertinent issues, have ever been agreed upon.

How could he, or anyone else, make an announcement on the site without a personal agreement with me, with dates and times posted that are, for me, entirely unrealistic?

This is why, in the original statement I made through Victor Siao, I insisted that such an announcement will have legitimacy only if it includes a simultaneous publication of my personal statement with my personal signature. Please be informed in advance that this is always to expect in this regard.

The preparation of our Moscow seminar took two years, and every single point of the program was discussed with me personally in advance. This is the only way a serious seminar can be conducted.

David called Viktor Siao after the latter made a statement on the forum on my behalf. Then he called an interpreter, and she called me. I asked her to relate to David the above questions; he never responded and I haven't heard from him since. However, I know that the announcement on the internet is still posted, and people are still being invited to participate. My question is -- how come?..

Wang Liping (dictated over the phone to Viktor Siao at 10 pm on August 22, written by Viktor in Russian and sent to the translator -- me -- the night of August 23) "

(That's because of the time difference -- it's still August 22 here in CA)

Edited by Taomeow
  • Like 1

Here are my questions to David:...

David called Viktor Siao after the latter made a statement on the forum on my behalf. Then he called an interpreter, and she called me. I asked her to relate to David the above questions; he never responded and I haven't heard from him since. However, I know that the announcement on the internet is still posted, and people are still being invited to participate. My question is -- how come?..

Mmmm. This is interesting. Is David really Wang Li Ping's tudi as he claimed he is? How come he can't even communicate with Wangliping for such a simple thing?

Mmmm. This is interesting. Is David really Wang Li Ping's tudi as he claimed he is? How come he can't even communicate with Wangliping for such a simple thing?

He doesn't speak Chinese and can't communicate with WL directly because of that.

Edited by Taomeow

So its now 100% Confirmed that Wang Liping will not be holding a Seminar in Denmark.

It seems as though David Verdesi & Company have really over stepped the Mark on this one. I dont understand why One would Lie about such matters-other then the Obvious . Does Sean Denty have anything to say regarding this matter ? I feel He is obligated & Has a Moral Duty to come forward making a public apology at the very Least ! After all Sean is the Spokesman for David & has the been the mouthpiece for so long.

Did any of the Students pay a Deposit or anything like that for the Supposed Wang Liping Seminar ? I could only Imagine how Broken Hearted & Upset some of the wannabe Students must feel.

This whole Episode seems very strange indeed. Somebody really needs to do some explaining Here & Set the record staight .

P.S. Was it just Me or did Wang seem pretty Pissed Off in that letter :lol:

If you read Victor's statement carefully, you might notice that WL referes to some Chinese Government permission. For those who knows how communist systems work, it should be obvious that before the permission is granted, WL will deny any confirmation on a deal.

I would say that in a sense the unauthrized announcement might be somewhat a set-up for WL and eventually harmful for him.

My 2c.

If you read Victor's statement carefully, you might notice that WL referes to some Chinese Government permission. For those who knows how communist systems work, it should be obvious that before the permission is granted, WL will deny any confirmation on a deal.

I would say that in a sense the unauthrized announcement might be somewhat a set-up for WL and eventually harmful for him.

I don't think this is the correct reading.

After the "Qigong Hot" period of the 80ies and the consequent crack-down by the government whomever wanted to survive had to get close connection with the government.

In that respect, ANYTHING must be approved by the government in China especially when it involves the gathering of crowds. In this case the Religious Bureau is usually involved, at local level.

Consider that the Hainan meeting involved about 300 people and that for the coming (November) seminar they expect to have 600.

It is always working in the line of fire.

Only recently, last year, some CASS members have been firing at Wang Liping and this is not a good sign.

CASS (Chinese Academy of Social Sciences) is one of the official arms of the Goverment for the control of these activities and they have IMMENSE power. Just get a few members to agree that what you do is not "in the interests of the people of China" and you are done.

The seminar is simply not going to be held, as WLP confirmed, and was probably a 'hope' or a plan DV had in mind that he now has managed to blow out.

He is also not a disciple, let alone a 'closed door' one, as confirmed to me over the phone by two of his students last week.

After all, everyone has the 'master' he deserves ...

YM

I don't think this is the correct reading.

After the "Qigong Hot" period of the 80ies and the consequent crack-down by the government whomever wanted to survive had to get close connection with the government.

In that respect, ANYTHING must be approved by the government in China especially when it involves the gathering of crowds. In this case the Religious Bureau is usually involved, at local level.

Consider that the Hainan meeting involved about 300 people and that for the coming (November) seminar they expect to have 600.

It is always working in the line of fire.

Only recently, last year, some CASS members have been firing at Wang Liping and this is not a good sign.

CASS (Chinese Academy of Social Sciences) is one of the official arms of the Goverment for the control of these activities and they have IMMENSE power. Just get a few members to agree that what you do is not "in the interests of the people of China" and you are done.

The seminar is simply not going to be held, as WLP confirmed, and was probably a 'hope' or a plan DV had in mind that he now has managed to blow out.

He is also not a disciple, let alone a 'closed door' one, as confirmed to me over the phone by two of his students last week.

After all, everyone has the 'master' he deserves ...

YM

My Goodness,So David is not even a Closed Door Disciple like He & Many of His students Claimed . Why would David tell these awful lies & Give so many People false hope ? Oh well.

So what about the Authorized Biography that Dr Verdesi was writting together with Master Wang Liping. David was working very closely with Master Wang discussing His life story,Abilities Etc & Were planning to release the book shortly. Sounds like a fascinating book, I have checked Amazon Bookstore but cannot find anything on the Subject however. Perhaps Somebody attending the Seminars should ask Master Wang when The Biography Witten with David will be Available.

I do expect however that the Students paying the $250 Joining Fee on Dr David Verdesi's Forum get their Questions answered Immediatly. This is Unacceptable, You could only imagine how those poor souls must feel-Having the Rug pulled out Beneath Them so to Speak.

With Sympathy & Comfort during these difficult times.

this is disgusting

Its ironic how things surface. I do hope things are dealt with well and properly.

Peace and Blessings,

Lin

My Goodness,So David is not even a Closed Door Disciple like He & Many of His students Claimed .

I would also like to add, as some might not be too familiar with the terminology, that "closed door disciple" (關門弟子) means the LAST disciple of a certain master after whom he does not accept anymore - he has therefore 'closed (his) door'. Every master has therefore ONLY ONE 'closed door' disciple and it is an important position in a line, which usually starts with the 'main disciple' (開門弟子, the disciple who 'opens the door') then a number of disciples (some masters have many of them) and last the 'closed door'.

Some people in the west seem to confuse a 'closed door' with an 'indoor (inside-the-door) disciple' (入門弟子).

This is a different classification and it refers to the close-ness to one's teacher who accepts disciples at various level (inside-the door, inside-the-room etc.).

In any case, a disciple is usually taught very differently than a simple 'student' (學生) and is supposed to receive full transmission. In the master/disciple relationship there are rights and duties on both sides, it is a profound kind of relationship that few westerners fully understand and are ready to commit to.

YM

Edited by YMWong

Isn't it obvious that those who laugh tend to have something on their plates as well???

Whatever the outcome will be (and the way it gets discussed is not more or less disgusting than what you claim is!):

1. no deposits payed so far, especially as the details so far are not available

2. Sean has quite some time more or less taken himself out of the public part to concentrate on himself

3. Mr. Smith. Don't think you are in a position to demand anything at all (note: that "someone" was me)

peace

:)

Harry

Isn't it obvious that those who laugh tend to have something on their plates as well???

Whatever the outcome will be (and the way it gets discussed is not more or less disgusting than what you claim is!):

1. no deposits payed so far, especially as the details so far are not available

2. Sean has quite some time more or less taken himself out of the public part to concentrate on himself

3. Mr. Smith. Don't think you are in a position to demand anything at all (note: that "someone" was me)

peace

Harry

:-D

I am looking for my plate.

;)

Peace and Love Brother,

Lin

well, i do find it funny that the "give me $10,000 i'll let you touch wang liping" guru was finally busted so yes, i will enjoy my laugh

hahahahaha

Dear Mantis,

you have been off all along the way...

Dear Lin,

if yours is the laugh of a Buddha...

Harry

Dear Mantis,

you have been off all along the way...

Dear Lin,

if yours is the laugh of a Buddha...

Harry

I am not Buddha...but it was a laugh indeed :)

You can lead a horse to water,

but you can not make them drink..........

Another one I like is............

Wake up and smell the coffee............

or........

Do not take any wooden nickles.........

or how about........

Give me the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth.......

From the Chinese side we have..........

Crows Are Universally Black.......

It is a metaphorical statement of "Bad people are bad no matter where you find them because human nature never changes".

But, to post on the topic of WLP, it's probably just a miscommunication that will eventually get resolved. I'm not sure why so many people are happy about this situation. I guess it's because of the resentment toward David, so they think any pitfalls on his path is a good thing. If you feel this way, you should examine why your spiritual training doesn't bring you peace, harmony and compassion toward others. It's you who benefits the most. :)

But, to post on the topic of WLP, it's probably just a miscommunication that will eventually get resolved. I'm not sure why so many people are happy about this situation. I guess it's because of the resentment toward David, so they think any pitfalls on his path is a good thing. If you feel this way, you should examine why your spiritual training doesn't bring you peace, harmony and compassion toward others. It's you who benefits the most. :)

Its a two-fold situation... Unfortunate turn of events, ...ironically some of people's doubts of the lineage are being answered...cleared...

I think it is funny...but I am not laughing at the misfortune or the fortune. Just the madness that manifests from all of it...

Especially the part about the laughter.

Peace,

Lin

Its a two-fold situation... Unfortunate turn of events, ...ironically some of people's doubts of the lineage are being answered...cleared...

I think it is funny...but I am not laughing at the misfortune or the fortune. Just the madness that manifests from all of it...

Especially the part about the laughter.

Peace,

Lin

Lin, I would never think you would do that. My post is not directed at anyone here, more like a reminder to be kind to other brothers and sisters. :)

Metta.

:lol: seems par for the course for me, I try and do something for the benefit of others and a great big ruckus of a shitstorm gets brewed. I do have further comments, but I'm respectfully bowing from this conversation. I sincerely hope this does not affect Master Wang, David, Jette, and all of their respective students in any negative way. If it has, well, lesson learned, I'm just keeping my trap shut in the future.