Sign in to follow this  
Pranaman

just curious

Is Falun Gong or Falun Dafa a religion as wiki says it may be considered, or is it just a practice?

considering 50% of China's labor camps are Falun Gong practicioners, and they banned the practice, I assume there is something to it.

All information is completely free, all books and lectures, all free at:

FalunDafa.org

they say...

"Other types of cultivation rely on the development of an energy cluster in the lower abdomen (dantian) formed through meditation or other practices. The energy exists unseen in another dimension. While meditating (or practicing), this cultivation energy develops. When meditation ends, so too does the development of cultivation energy. Only with more practice does one develop more cultivation energy.

Falun Dafa is different.

A Falun is installed in the lower abdomen of every Falun Dafa practitioner. Falun rotates nonstop, automatically assisting practitioners to increase their cultivation energy. Unlike other practices, Falun Dafa allows practitioners to develop cultivation energy regardless of whether they are meditating or not. Falun continues to rotate twenty-four hours a day, constantly developing cultivation energy, even while practitioners are at work, at play and asleep."

Edited by Pranaman

Hi Pranaman!

I read the books and practiced the exercises for about 6-8 months. I stopped because I felt like I was being drawn into something more cult like, but at the same time to be fair, nobody had ever asked anything of me.

The books were exciting to read, and I like the exercises. If you just left it at that I think it would be great. Master Li though seemed to me to get further and further out there. And he went from promoting the exercise, to promoting the teaching, to finally saying that in order to truly progress you must spread the message of Falun Gong, "save all beings" and spread the truth about Chinese Governments torture of practitioners.

I never met any other students, but I did find myself telling a co-worker about it, and at one point posting flyers in a store. My wife felt it was cult like.

I still don't know what to think about it. I don't practice it now, but I think about it every so often, even if I feel I can no longer connect with what the teacher is talking about.

The books I do connect with. If it ended there I would like it, but it doesn't.

It's very hard to get any real history on him (Master Li) as the Chinese government did a big smear campaign on him to discredit the practice.

The exercises are to help, but the main theory is that of Gong. He says that you have Gong, which measures your level of attainment. The higher your gong, the more you have attained. The law of cause and effect is mainly how you increase gong. One main example he gives is not fighting back with people. For everything gained, something is lost, and for everything lost, something is gained. So when someone is mean to you, mistreats you, they increase their bad karma, and in turn you get some of their good karma that they gave to you. Your gong grows a little bit. That is part of the idea anyway.

The practitioners never really seem to talk about what they have attained, as much as they talk about how their outlook and attitude has changed, so it is hard to gauge what people are getting from it.

Ken Cohen did an article on his opinion of it, you might be able to google it. Last time I tried I couldn't find it anymore, and notice he is now advertising it on his site, so maybe no more free reads?

So to summarize, if it just came down to the books and exercises I would recommend it, but once you get past that, there is a lot more that I was just not willing to accept.

Hope that helps Pranaman! :)

Edited by Junbao

Falun Gong is a bunch of exercises cobbled together from different sources, not much to be impressed with compared to other traditions.

It was begun by a Chinese military guy, and he began making paranormal claims which run counter to the anti-religious and anti-mystical Communist theories.

it sounds like it resonates with my belief system. But i'm just interested, not necessarily looking for a new practice.

Hi, I agree with Junbao. I practiced falun for 2 and a half years got alot out of it. Its an excellent practice but the followers live in a perpetual state of tunnel vision. Just go learn it off them if thats what you want but dont tell them that your into anything else or they will get all 'Fundie' on you.

At least thats what I did and when I knew it well enough I just practiced myself.

I think Li Hongzi is totally Ego driven. He Literally says he has attained every level of enlightenment and cultivation... every one. He also is watching ALL the different Alien species and they all have less than good intentions for us. In one interview I read, he said that part of the reason for Falun being released is so Humans that develop proper 'supernormal powers' with it can defend the earth fron the aliens that want to take over the world.

I was hoping i could use Falun to help me catch a Grey, as I have heard they are quite tasty, and profoundly psychically activating!

Kentucky Fried Grey anyone?

Seth.

Hi, I agree with Junbao. I practiced falun for 2 and a half years got alot out of it. Its an excellent practice but the followers live in a perpetual state of tunnel vision. Just go learn it off them if thats what you want but dont tell them that your into anything else or they will get all 'Fundie' on you.

At least thats what I did and when I knew it well enough I just practiced myself.

I think Li Hongzi is totally Ego driven. He Literally says he has attained every level of enlightenment and cultivation... every one. He also is watching ALL the different Alien species and they all have less than good intentions for us. In one interview I read, he said that part of the reason for Falun being released is so Humans that develop proper 'supernormal powers' with it can defend the earth fron the aliens that want to take over the world.

I was hoping i could use Falun to help me catch a Grey, as I have heard they are quite tasty, and profoundly psychically activating!

Kentucky Fried Grey anyone?

Seth.

haha hell yeah, i think the recipe is somewhere online...

Sign in to follow this