Sign in to follow this  
phore

Honey

OK so this site says that honey can give you great strength.

Jesus of malibuJ

Has anyone ever heard of this.

My question is how much should i eat to gain this benefit.

Also what are some other benefits of honey.

thanks

thats what the link says.

Bee pollen is very healthy. and so is royal jelly. It would make sense for honey to be healthy too.

Honey has a lot of life energy and a great food when completely raw. Most manufacturers heat it to make it easier to extract. The best honey should say "raw" on the label, not just "uncooked."

As with every food, the quantity of life energy isn't the only consideration - you have to look at the quality. Honey is warming, so in a condition of excess heat you wouldn't want too much of it.

-Karen

Thanks

Is cooked honey just not as good as raw honey or is it bad.

Do you know what a good amount to eat would be

Is there any danger of eating too much

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Honey

This says that the bible has 72 references to honey

John the babtist lived for a long time on honey and locust

Buddha was fed honey by a monkey

Muhammad cited the healing properties of honey.

Samson ate honey he found in the carcass of a lion.

Thanks

Also what are some other benefits of honey.

thanks

At Sri Aurobindo's eye clinic in India, they use honey directly in the eyes to cure some vision problems.

Honey is a good source of energy because your body converts everything into sugars during the digestive process.

Honey is a good source to boost your immune system because it's made from the pollen of local flowers. The trick is to buy honey that comes from the area where you live. Honey that has been pasturized or made far away will not have the same healthy benefits. Also, when you move to a new place geographically, eating local honey will help your digestive system adjust.

I have a six pound jar of unheated avocado honey on my counter right now :) Honey is said to be the only food that never goes bad (if raw). If you spread some raw honey on bread after about 20 minutes the bread will be predigested. I think it was Weston a Price or one of his followers that said that one study of a specific long lived people found a direct correlation between how much honey a person ate daily and how long they lived. I don't know about that, though, honey is high in sugar.

Honey is fantastic for the liver if taken before bedtime. A teaspoonful or tablespoon should be adequate. Apparently it sugars it contains help the liver to metabolise toxins... I believe it's called the hibernation diet - might be worth googling.

Many swear by it for treating hayfever, particularly the local stuff.

Eat it while it lasts, there's a virus killing many bees and it's spreading rapidly throughout the UK and perhaps other places around the world too!

Enjoy the sweet flavour my friend :)

James

On a related note, I've read about the benefits of "trace sugars" for immune system functioning. Apparently they've come out with a nasal spray that's just one of these sugars. I forget how I googled onto this info, but they were saying that this is a good reason to eat lots of fruits especially blueberries and cranberries. The sugar in cranberries is supposed to make the bladder and urinary tract to slippery for yeast to become a problem per this paradigm. They didn't refer to these sugars as trace sugars, though.

Eat it while it lasts, there's a virus killing many bees and it's spreading rapidly throughout the UK and perhaps other places around the world too!

James

This page claims to know why the bees are dying. I'm not sure how accurate this is, but it makes sense to me.

http://www.msgtruth.org/new_page_1.htm

Basically it says a company called Auxein is spraying some growth stimulant. According to the page this spray could contain o-aminoacetophenone which mimicks the phermones of a queen bee, and makes the workers abandon her causing "colony collapse disorder".

If it's true, I sure hope they cut that crap out.

I read somewhere that ayurvedics use honey and a pinch of nutmeg in orange juice a couple times a day for treating anxiety...

peace + love

Chris

Sign in to follow this