BuddyT

As you know...

I have been very critical about many so-called esoteric practices. BUT, recently after a long time of trying to get relief from my sciatica using the Egoscue Method (maybe it's better in person as opposed to online) I've been seeiing (and paying for out of pocket..ouch, good thing the internet marketing is working out) who uses cranial sacral and......reiki...there I said it. I am still in treatment but this guy seems to have some real skill.

I'll let you know.

Buddy

I have been very critical about many so-called esoteric practices. BUT, recently after a long time of trying to get relief from my sciatica using the Egoscue Method (maybe it's better in person as opposed to online) I've been seeiing (and paying for out of pocket..ouch, good thing the internet marketing is working out) who uses cranial sacral and......reiki...there I said it. I am still in treatment but this guy seems to have some real skill.

I'll let you know.

Buddy

;)

good stuff. i'm going through a transitional period in which i am reconciling my relationship with scores of people AND practices- reiki included.

i'm realizing on a profound level that i don't "KNOW" nearly as much as i thought i did. what's more, i'm realizing the freedom and joy in not NEEDING to know everything! it's great to just be open & available to the tao, and to allow life to simply unfold as it does.

i'll be watching for your update.

:)

Edited by Hundun

I've always considered that reiki=feiki and my therapist concurs...when we realize MOST of the reiki people out there spend their money for a weekend and some pictures and think they have received some "transmission." It ain't and they didn't. My guy studied for years with the original line and it shows. Just sayin'

As a martial artist, the idea of skill in a weekend is total nonsense.

I've always considered that reiki=feiki and my therapist concurs...when we realize MOST of the reiki people out there spend their money for a weekend and some pictures and think they have received some "transmission." It ain't and they didn't. My guy studied for years with the original line and it shows. Just sayin'

oh.

well, good luck anyway.

:rolleyes:

Yeah totally agree nothing can replace hard one exprience.Regardless of the endevour.

glad you are getting some relief

looking forward to your update and hope it clears it for you

i have only had very limited exposure to reiki (and honestly i was not too impressed- but it was a very limited exposure)

one of my friends and teachers also does cranial sacral - it is some good stuff- he showed me some of the basics along with some old skool chiro energy stuff and applied kinesiology- and i have had some good results using some of that...

franklin

Transmission? Who knows. Maybe some people just need to know what the human body can do.. and that's something you can learn in a weekend.

Not to downplay the role of gongfu, but we all know putting in the time is only part of the equation. There is such a thing as natural skill in everything from martial arts to music to Reiki I'm sure. Of course anything we're born with can still be improved upon by laying down some serious gongfu.

Hmmm. It's one thing to know, it's another to be able to do it. That can't be done in a weekend.

Hmmm. It's one thing to know, it's another to be able to do it. That can't be done in a weekend.

yes it can.

:D

the fact that you have no experience with it, and that it may not be as consistent as some people pretend it is, DOESN'T mean it can't be done. it can be done. it was done with me. and it's been done with many (though not all) of my students.

i'm a big proponent of cultivation, with does take time. but a powerful transmission can open up some abilities in a moment. the ability to heal is one of them.

i would gladly invite any two newbies here on TTB to visit me for one day, free of charge (although i wouldn't mind if you brought me a gift of veggies or something ;) ). i guarantee i could open up at least one of you in a day, though i'm confident i could open both. one day. hell, give me two hours! in the last 2 months my success rate has climbed from 80 or 90% to 100%, even with difficult people.

Edited by Hundun

Buddy - as you know I'm a bit of a skeptic myself. I've recently been seeing a therapist who specializes in 'visceral manipulation' which is really an energy manipulation technique related to Reiki, somewhat. I haven't seen much improvement in my problem yet (ashtma, chronic cough, laryngitis and so forth) but I definitely feel some interesting stuff during the treatment...

We are together in this Steve. I talked to my PT about my concerns about reiki and given the "weekend warriors" he shares them. But he worked long and hard for his skill, it's like advanced qigong, and so far it looks like he has some real stuff.

I certainly can't explain some of what he does. We talk constantly about what he is doing and I'm coming around. I'm not tossing the baby out with the bathwater. If it works, I don't care what it is. He agrees.

I wish you better health my friend.

Edited by BuddyT

I agree, to know and to do are very different things. However, if you gave me a weekend self-defense intensive, I'd surely be a better fighter for it. Not an expert, but better.

However, were I in the market to sell my skill, I sure as hell better be an expert. Anything less is dishonest. Sadly, some folks don't even have the skill to know they're not an expert yet!