Vajrasattva

Pencak Silat

I was asked to start a topic on Pencak Silat

Here are some clips of some principles and application.

I will post more soon.

Santi

KK5TQKqWw_s

E7UuSM6oQag

u434RZ4dxao

I was asked to start a topic on Pencak Silat

Here are some clips of some principles and application.

I will post more soon.

Santi

Santiago,

Very efficient combat. Brutal groundwork.

Enjoy your practice.

mouse

Edited by mouse

Santiago,

Very efficient combat. Brutal groundwork.

Enjoy your practice.

mouse

Thanks brother here is more

Ground work & stuff

Enjoy & God Bless

Santiago

9MiKUfw9QYQ

UPkguhKpvag

xkJ6ioUYpmU

Great clips.

How does Geometry factor into Pencak Silat?

Foundational, Abstract, Theoretical, Principal Angles, Freeflow?

Silat looks very exact, and yet at the same time, it has an intuitive quality to it.

How does Spanish Fencing influence Silat?

I love to watch your videos, Santi. Someday the time will be right and I'll come to Miami. B)

Brother you are always welcomed.

You should plan for next years silat camp.

Great clips.

How does Geometry factor into Pencak Silat?

its all based on Geometry & the laws of physics.

You learn to fight using straight lines, triangles, squares, diamonds, crosses, zig zags, 90 degree staircases, circles,

with in those symbols of shapes you learn to find the complimentary angles and "hash Marks" & you learn to exploit them for takedowns, target selection, manipulation of energy, Locks, movement Evasion, offense/defense, strikes, kicks, Multiple attackers etc.

Foundational, Abstract, Theoretical, Principal Angles, Freeflow?

Silat looks very exact, and yet at the same time, it has an intuitive quality to it.

That is a great way to put it. With silat there is no GUESS WORK.

It all falls into place based on physics, and feeling.

How does Spanish Fencing influence Silat?

Not sure that it does other than the Moros (Moors) probably left some silat in spain and then that got filtered into spanish fencing.

Peace

Santiago

Brother you are always welcomed.

You should plan for next years silat camp.

its all based on Geometry & the laws of physics.

You learn to fight using straight lines, triangles, squares, diamonds, crosses, zig zags, 90 degree staircases, circles,

with in those symbols of shapes you learn to find the complimentary angles and "hash Marks" & you learn to exploit them for takedowns, target selection, manipulation of energy, Locks, movement Evasion, offense/defense, strikes, kicks, Multiple attackers etc.

That is a great way to put it. With silat there is no GUESS WORK.

It all falls into place based on physics, and feeling.

Not sure that it does other than the Moros (Moors) probably left some silat in spain and then that got filtered into spanish fencing.

Peace

Santiago

Excellent.

I know that the Fillipino Arts were influenced by Spanish Fencing, and I'd always wondered if the same was true of Silat.

Interesting similarities and differences. Fascinating history.

http://209.85.173.104/search?q=cache:s6QzX...lient=firefox-a

http://209.85.173.104/search?q=cache:LZTlf...lient=firefox-a

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

well FMA's roots are deeply indonesian Silat. And then Spanish stuff comes in after the fact.

Right you are.

i didn't mean to bruise Cultural Pride.

I just find it fascinating to see how Geometry refines an Art (all Arts for that matter).

Silat and Kali look like they can fly through anything.

Great stuff. Thanks. :)

Right you are.

i didn't mean to bruise Cultural Pride.

u didn't i understand u and youknow what there may be a connection cause silat comes from the moors too...

"well FMA's roots are deeply indonesian Silat."

I think there are Filipinos who might disagree. Visayan, sure. Others? Maybe not so much.

Do These Grown Men take this nonsense serious. These arts are 90% fake & give Silat a bad name. I have seen some Comedians in My time but this Demo below truly takes the cake ROFL :lol:

Do These Grown Men take this nonsense serious. These arts are 90% fake & give Silat a bad name. I have seen some Comedians in My time but this Demo below truly takes the cake ROFL :lol:

There are things you just do not understand. & Yes some of this can "look" fake. THere are charlatans out there for sure but there are also real deal folks.

Real silat is MUCH more than just punch kick sweep etc....

It is to deal with the seen & "unseen".

Peace & God Bless

Santiago

good article on cimande & my Guru Haji Pak Muhammad Ariffin Mang Ipin :

:)

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Traditional Pencak Silat Cimande Girang Walisongo

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Are Internet Forums awesome, or what! Amazing article Vajrasattva. :)

Much of the waterfall training is a lot like the Yamabushi of Japan.

The reason I asked about the angles and approaches of Pencak Silat can be seen in the clips below.

(I wanted to know how Silat was similiar, and also how it differs as well.) (Check the clips, you'll see what I mean.) Thanks. Take care. :)

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OcnIsHjzAyw&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param'>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OcnIsHjzAyw&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OcnIsHjzAyw&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OcnIsHjzAyw...feature=related

type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

http://www.youtube.com/user/TheReverendCoin

http://www.youtube.com/user/TheReverendCoin

http://www.youtube.com/user/wmpyr :)

While I have questioned Santiago in a different thread his skill in martial arts is obvious.

Thanks Buddy peace to you brother.

Santiago

Enjoy

2OOFMYLI

4sx2LlQXcRo

rIuSacDHd00

ABFJ1HhSQ-s

m0MPBaP_gWI

B-OckbTj_18

KxMEnPi-E1Y

good article on cimande & my Guru Haji Pak Muhammad Ariffin Mang Ipin :

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Traditional Pencak Silat Cimande Girang Walisongo

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Are Internet Forums awesome, or what! Amazing article Vajrasattva.

Much of the waterfall training is a lot like the Yamabushi of Japan.

The reason I asked about the angles and approaches of Pencak Silat can be seen in the clips below.

(I wanted to know how Silat was similiar, and also how it differs as well.) (Check the clips, you'll see what I mean.) Thanks. Take care. >>

Cool Glad you enjoyed article Guru Haji Pak Muhammad Ariffin Mang Ipin is great. And a true internal master.

The angles in those vids are similar. Wing cun exploits a lot the triangle & somewhat the square.

All good arts use the geometry at high level.

Peace

Santiago

Edited by Vajrasattva

"well FMA's roots are deeply indonesian Silat."

I think there are Filipinos who might disagree. Visayan, sure. Others? Maybe not so much.

I thought it was a great video---you just dont know the power of the force your doubt makes you week :)

Edited by Jedi777

I thought it was a great video---you just dont know the power of the force your doubt makes you week :)

Man that Video was complete crap. I dont know why students continue to train in such garbage & delude themselves into thinking they truly have something.

Im well aware how these schools operate after visiting dozens in my spare time all over java. They cannot just do it to anybody at will. They give you some big story that it only works if the attacker is truly angry or has evil intent towardws you. Those students you see are called SPECIAL because they can supposedly muster up the real anger etc to make it work.

9/10 this stuff doesnt work. If you cant perform this skill anytime anywhere like real chi - then its not even worth learning. people often talk about the real masters but in 12 years & after meeting almost hundreds still nobody can do it in indonesia apart from john chang.

Man that Video was complete crap. I dont know why students continue to train in such garbage & delude themselves into thinking they truly have something.

Im well aware how these schools operate after visiting dozens in my spare time all over java. They cannot just do it to anybody at will. They give you some big story that it only works if the attacker is truly angry or has evil intent towardws you. Those students you see are called SPECIAL because they can supposedly muster up the real anger etc to make it work.

9/10 this stuff doesnt work. If you cant perform this skill anytime anywhere like real chi - then its not even worth learning. people often talk about the real masters but in 12 years & after meeting almost hundreds still nobody can do it in indonesia apart from john chang.

John Chang is the only person with REAL chi on the planet....NO ONE ELSE.

As we say in my country near FLA city.....NIGGA PLEASE.

You are correct that there are flakes like in all subjects of study but there are also real gems. maybe its your perspective that has prevented you from actually meeting any with real value.

I mean just from your "chi" here I wouldn't take you on as a student. I know people in Java that know JC & they say he is great but that there are others as well.

Also keep in mind that some of the "high up" silat masters are Muslim or Sufi. Unless you embrace their faith rarely would they open up to you.

Peace & Godbless

Santiago

Edited by Vajrasattva

WOW come on dude I was half joking with you lighten up!