JackSquat

Drawing toward the ragged hole

You have an imbalance in your kidney.Find yourself a good acupuncturist and they will help you your disfunctioning metal element.

peace&health

Practice this if you can:

Xingyi master Zhang Junfeng

It will make you very Yang in Neijia terminology.

Good luck.

Namo Amitabha Buddha.

It sounds like you are experiencing anxiety and depression possibly due to the stress you experienced in childhood. (Post traumatic Stress Syndrome.)

I had problems like these and I got well.

This is what I did:

a. Walked every day for an hour

b. Took meds until I no longer needed them (anti-depressants and anxiety meds)

c. Stopped drinking alcohol and/or drugs..(didn't need the anti-depressants after this)

d. Expressed myself through journalling, poetry and art

Here's what I didn't do:

a. Became a vegetarian, (Tried this...became weak and sickly)

b. Took a bunch of vitamins, (Ooooh they smell funny)

c. Meditated daily, (just sometimes...no stress)

d. Beat myself up for not being a perfect Taoist...hahaha a perfect Taoist...all that striving...uck

If we were talking face to face I'd give ya a big ol' man hug and take you fishing.

:D

Then I'd bury you up to your neck and leave you there for a week and let the earth drain away some of the debris you've picked up :P Just remember that you can't live on the front line of life without coping a scar or two.

Blessings

Ah sorry to hear there are no high quality acupuncturists in your area.Also I made a mistake what I should have stated was your water element is disfunctioning.

In context of chinese medicine fear is related to the kidneys,the kidneys are coupled with the water element.When out of balance,it may become confused and engage in activities it should be counselling itself against.

This often manifests itself as extremes- deer in the headlights or the flip side engageing risky or dangerous behaviour.

If you are intrested to find out more google five elements acupuncture there are a host of sites that go into this with gretaer detail and refferences to qualified practioners- one of whom may be near you.

And Stigweard, since I have a job and a one-year old baby, are there any meditations or visualizations or movement exercises etc. you could recommend for draining away the debris in lieu of burying myself next to the local catfish pond to pick up a few scars from curious snapping turtles? ;)

Step 1:

Every morning at dawn get out into some fresh air and simply breathe. Breathe in the goodness of the sun rising, breathe it into every cell and fibre and when you breathe out let any staleness/tension/stress just drain away. Do this with the attitude of 'not doing' ... don't try to force anything, just follow the principle of being natural. Just breathe in goodness and let the staleness fade away naturally.

Step 2:

You like the woods, excellent! Spend more time there being amongst nature. Find yourself a favourite tree (just follow your instincts and intuition) and visit it regularly. If you can, in the morning light spend 20mins or so hugging the tree or sitting in its branches (please use caution ... falling can be unpleasant) and simply breathe deeply. Again follow the principle of being natural.

---

So many of our mental and emotional disturbances arise from the denaturing influence of our modern culture. The remedy is to simply bathe ourselves regularly in the rhythms of nature. Even in the cities nature can still be found ... in the morning light, in the change of the seasons, in your favourite park. To have a natural mind is to have a mind of Tao.

For kidneys/water:

When you feel like it:

Rub your ears.

Walk around on your knees.

Breathe to your belly and gently inflate your lower back at the same time.

Stand on bridges over streams and let the water draw eveything you don't want out of your feet.

And what Stig said.

And, I'm told, the ragged hole ain't really ragged, nor scary to the real you, just to the old stuff that's gotta go anyway. Spread your attention soft and wide, feel all the life in and around, don't get scrunched.

Above all, don't listen to me, trust yourself !

It sounds like you are experiencing anxiety and depression possibly due to the stress you experienced in childhood. (Post traumatic Stress Syndrome.)

I had problems like these and I got well.

This is what I did:

a. Walked every day for an hour

b. Took meds until I no longer needed them (anti-depressants and anxiety meds)

c. Stopped drinking alcohol and/or drugs..(didn't need the anti-depressants after this)

d. Expressed myself through journalling, poetry and art

Here's what I didn't do:

a. Became a vegetarian, (Tried this...became weak and sickly)

b. Took a bunch of vitamins, (Ooooh they smell funny)

c. Meditated daily, (just sometimes...no stress)

d. Beat myself up for not being a perfect Taoist...hahaha a perfect Taoist...all that striving...uck

I also had gone through an eerily similar time. I got through it just as windblown, with the exception of I meditated at least 20 minutes in the afternoon, and 20 just before bed. It was not until after I started seated meditation that I could stop taking anti depressants. It also "cured" my chronic insomnia and restless leg syndrome. Brainwave entrainment helped me leaps and bounds.

I am a great fan of brainwave entrainment music. It is a pulsing beat that guides your brain into specific brainwave patterns. Alpha waves are produced in light meditation, theta in deep meditation. You can practice all the great advice given above in conjunction with entrainment.

Just listen to the music as you meditate. The beats will gently guide you to the state desired. A great program which allows you to create your own tracks, as well as a huge library of already made tracks is:

Neuro- Programmer 2

A free trial version is available. You can download and start today. To me the cost of the full program is well worth the $$

I would suggest starting with the programs already made for you specifically for anxiety/stress reduction, and then trying some deeper theta programs when you feel it is time.

Martial Arts also helped reducing fears and boosting self confidence as well as providing an outlet for stress and exercise. Doesn't matter if it is internal external or what, just what you believe to be the best for you.

It is indeed only the temporary self which fears the ragged hole (bless you Stig), and those fears can be washed away in an instant.

Peace and Love

Blessings both ways my friend. Helping you take one step in truth helps me take one as well.

Congratulations on your achievement. Now the fun part ... how are you going to form new better habits to maintain this 'new growth'? Having experiences and insights are easy, the challenge is to integrate them as enduring features of your life.

Now the fun part ... how are you going to form new better habits to maintain this 'new growth'? Having experiences and insights are easy, the challenge is to integrate them as enduring features of your life.

No worries, for me the followthrough is the easy part; the difficult part is preparing myself for understanding. When the reward is so apparent, the new habits always form themselves.

No worries, for me the followthrough is the easy part; the difficult part is preparing myself for understanding. When the reward is so apparent, the new habits always form themselves.

Good for you :D