Sign in to follow this  
billb

Affordable acupuncture now in Boston

I am now receiving acupuncture treatments in Boston from a liscenced acupuncturist and the cost is only $15 per treatment. These treatments typically run from 60-120 dollars or more but this is done in a group setting where four or five people can be treated at once. I think it is called group acupuncture or something and it is also available in other cities in the U.S. as well, so depending on where you live, acupuncture may be affordabel for most people.

Edited by billb

I am now receiving acupuncture treatments in Boston from a liscenced acupuncturist and the cost is only $15 per treatment. These treatments typically run from 60-120 dollars or more but this is done in a group setting where four or five people can be treated at once. I think it is called group acupuncture or something and it is also available in other cities in the U.S. as well, so depending on where you live, acupuncture may be affordabel for most people.

Please let us know how that business goes. We were considering opening a similar clinic here.

I will I am curious where are you going to possibly locate your practice?

Currently: Houston at ACAOM (Acu School)

After licensing: maybe Houston, maybe...who knows. It is all still up in the air because the licensing won't be done until at least January for one of us and probably Nov-Jan. for the other.

Edited by Taoist81

I think it is actually called Community Acupuncture and is available and many states and major cities, I will look it up when I have time and post locations if anyone is interested.

I think it is actually called Community Acupuncture and is available and many states and major cities, I will look it up when I have time and post locations if anyone is interested.

I am intersted billb. Thx for ur efforts.

They have Community Acupunture in Austin, but there is is based on a sliding scale payment plan (another thing we have considered for the future). The treatment is similar to what was described in the OP but having a flat (low) rate is different. One would assume they would have to have LOTS of patients to afford to stay open. At our school's clinic where almost all patients are treated by unpaid student interns they charge $35.00 (or is it $40 now) and that is with us (the interns doing the treatment and observation students) paying tuition for the hours we work.

They have Community Acupunture in Austin, but there is is based on a sliding scale payment plan (another thing we have considered for the future). The treatment is similar to what was described in the OP but having a flat (low) rate is different. One would assume they would have to have LOTS of patients to afford to stay open. At our school's clinic where almost all patients are treated by unpaid student interns they charge $35.00 (or is it $40 now) and that is with us (the interns doing the treatment and observation students) paying tuition for the hours we work.

In Boston it is also sliding scale starting at 15 and I think some start at 20 dollars. Keep in mind about 4 or 5 people can be treated at once for each hour. Most of the clinics are open certain hours per week so the acupuncturists also have a private practice, this is not the only thing they do. Mine also has her own practice and is a teacher at the school and the hours are about 2hrs per day with different times and none on weekends.

Sign in to follow this