Sign in to follow this  
TheSeeker

What are the grounding and rooting exercises?

Bone Marrow Nei Kung and Iron Shirt Chi Kung:

Are these a good form of rooting and grounding exercise?

I need to know because I was advised that these are what I need to solve my "jing stuck in the head" problem

Can you make a list of types of grounding and rooting exercises?

Bone Marrow Nei Kung and Iron Shirt Chi Kung:

Are these a good form of rooting and grounding exercise?

I need to know because I was advised that these are what I need to solve my "jing stuck in the head" problem

Can you make a list of types of grounding and rooting exercises?

check out this thread:

http://www.thetaobums.com/Chi-kung-and-insanity-t6199.html

It may or may not be what you want.

Standing Qigong has been working great for me.

And I've been doing some Bagua circle walking from Li Jiong's course that's been really good at grounding me out. More so than I have felt for a while. :)

Also corps pose from yoga can really teach your body to relax.

But really a big idea behind standing practice is for the purpose of rooting. Standing like a tree and putting down roots. :P

Standing Qigong has been working great for me.

And I've been doing some Bagua circle walking from Li Jiong's course that's been really good at grounding me out. More so than I have felt for a while. :)

Also corps pose from yoga can really teach your body to relax.

But really a big idea behind standing practice is for the purpose of rooting. Standing like a tree and putting down roots. :P

Out of curiosity, can you also try to send your intent to the Earth to see what happens?

I'm not sure if my technique is right but I think that the Earth might send up roots to your feet too.

Edited by lino

Hi Lino,

I don't know. My intent usually just ends up blocking me when it comes to energy work. I just open up and let go.

Just sitting here though, I can feel it's easier for me to accept the earth's energy than to send mine into the earth. The earth has way more to give me than I can send down to it. :)

I think if the earth can send up and we can sink down, there can be a good exchange and connection?

Peace!

Out of curiosity, can you also try to send your intent to the Earth to see what happens?

I'm not sure if my technique is right but I think that the Earth might send up roots to your feet too.

U give to the earth she gives to you twice : )

U give to the earth she gives to you twice : )

I thought that I could still send energy thru those roots that the Earth sends:|

I'm not overly concerned with taking from the Earth right now because I still feel like I have

a lot of purifying to do. Also, I'm in the same boat with Salaam123. Delusions, paranoia, and all.

Hi Lino,

I don't know. My intent usually just ends up blocking me when it comes to energy work. I just open up and let go.

Just sitting here though, I can feel it's easier for me to accept the earth's energy than to send mine into the earth. The earth has way more to give me than I can send down to it. :)

I think if the earth can send up and we can sink down, there can be a good exchange and connection?

Peace!

What I mean is to think of the Earth's core and at the same time send a message to send some roots up.

I feel it is easier than trying to send roots down from my feet.

First, I try to send roots down from my feet, then I try to ask the Earth to root to me.

TheSeeker,

Have to see if Vajrasattva recommends a reverse microcosmic orbit in order to open the Conception Channel.

Edited by lino

No offense, but you guys are into a lot of misconceptions and gobbledegook...

Bone Marrow Nei Kung and Iron Shirt Chi Kung have nothing to do with rooting and grounding exercises, where would you pick up the idea that they are? Rooting and grounding is part of what you learn from your teacher after you have been practicing and show a certain level of proficiency and understanding. It's not rocket science and involves simple physiology.

You have no problem with jing stuck in your head. That is a combination of anxiety/fear that you have associated from an unusual experience you had during your practice. If you can't find a good teacher who can guide you out of this, then go to a psychotherapist. If you were here in Colorado I could help you, no problem. It's not something that can be done over a telephone or internet. You have to be helped in person.

I've been all through this crazy shit, had my dark night of the soul and confronted my own demons. It's part of the process. Get the book The Way Of Energy by Lam Kam Chuen, it's available from Amazon, and it explains very clearly how to practice standing meditation, has lots of good pictures.

You want to ground yourself then ground yourself.

Once I went skydiving and the adrenal rush was so huge it felt like I drank a thousand cups of coffee and a pound of sugar all at once.

Adrenal is fun but fuck it can reek havoc on your kidneys.

So I decided to go outside dig a whole in the earth pull down my pants,stuck my ass at the sun and then sat down buttnaked in the hole I had dug.

Tell you what it felt great and worked a treat,calm me right down.You just can't be anything but grounded when your sitting naked in a hole, in the earth.

One day when the forces of nature indicate its time I'am going to dig myself a grave and lie in it over night.The loveing embrace of earth is sweet medicine indeed :)

Oh if its not convenient for you to go around digging holes, the next best thing is to find some cool to cold water to swim in guarnteed to bring you down to earth quick smart and as a bonus it clears all the shit from your nasal passages.

I think you got to stop everything your doing and go back to step 1

Relaxation and Posture.You cant relax with out correct posture.Forget about breathing, that comes later

Once you become proficient in relaxation, your energy and channels will naturally regulate them selves.No amount of focusing energy into the earth or hui-yin or wherever your trying to focus it is going to help your problem, it can only aggravate it

Thats the first thing my teacher taught me. I spent a good 6 months learning nothing but relaxation, learning how to peel away the many layers of tension with in my body and mind until i felt transparent and as light as a cloud

I think bruze frantzis has a good simple technique he calls disolving

Edited by qijack

Hello

The frustrating thing is when you have been trying alot to be able to help your problem and it have realy not helped. But as from my own experiences sometimes it seems not to go forward at all, but every efort you do is something that you will see might have been necessary to reach the solution.

Go inside of yourself and learn relaxation. Tell your uncounsious that you will solve this problem no matter of the dificulties and the time it will take. You will do the effort needed. When you see for yourself that the problem are solved one day beacase you are willing to do everything necessarily, is it like it already is solved and you will feel better about it. And then you go into the efforts needed with a positive attitude.

Well this is somehow how I myslelf have dealt with a wery dificult situation. It is possible to find wery strong power within yourself when you are in a bad situation. This helps alot.

One thing is that I have had alot of sugestion myself. Some have been bull shit. Some have been wrong and nothing that help my problem. Others have seemed to be right but have not helped in the end. And just very few have realy helped a litle. The thing is that you have to be practical. Learn something and then decide for the next possible practical step. Learn everything necessarily in the step you have choosen to take. Then afer you have tried for enough long time that it could be able to help you. Figure out if you shall keep on with it and decide if it is necesssarily to take the next step and try something other or do it in a even more genuine way. T

It is often just practical to try one or two things you believe the most in at the same time, otherwise you just split your consentration.

Well this is how I deal with my problem. Migth help you or not.

F D

Sign in to follow this