Hugo_M

SALT

table salt has been documented to contribute to much ill health due to how refined it is. sea salt is very good for you as it contains magnesium, potassium, calcium, etc. and is very oxygenating.

I live in England and am looking to find a store that sells iodized salt. I used to get it at Morrison's supermarket, but they don't stock it anymore and the employee had never heard of iodized salt (huh?).

Anyway, anyone know if there's a store in England that stocks it?

I live in England and am looking to find a store that sells iodized salt. I used to get it at Morrison's supermarket, but they don't stock it anymore and the employee had never heard of iodized salt (huh?).

Anyway, anyone know if there's a store in England that stocks it?

I get my iodized sea salt at walmart. :( its with all the other salts.

have you checked there.

do they even have walmarts in uk.

^_^

I get my iodized sea salt at walmart. :( its with all the other salts.

have you checked there.

do they even have walmarts in uk.

^_^

OH! Phore!

No Walmart here. And NO iodized salt anywhere...

so, I got to looking things up.

Guess what? The World Health Organization and Food Agriculture Organization of the UN have joined to form The Codex Alimentarius Commission which was created in 1963 by FAO and WHO to develop food standards, guidelines and related texts such as codes of practice under the Joint FAO/WHO Food Standards Programme. Countries join the program and adopt the Codex voluntarily; the UK is among it's adherents.

Codex Alimentarious lists what CAN be added to food or other consumables --anything NOT on the list is NOT allowed.

Like iodine (in salt).

And that's why I can't find iodized salt here.

I found this whole topic very interesting, especially because many nutritional supplements and minerals are NOT in the lists.... not good news for those wishing to be healthy through diet choices.

ALL the work we did on the Health Freedom Act back in the late 90's is now washed away by this Codex.

:(

OH! Phore!

No Walmart here. And NO iodized salt anywhere...

so, I got to looking things up.

Guess what? The World Health Organization and Food Agriculture Organization of the UN have joined to form The Codex Alimentarius Commission which was created in 1963 by FAO and WHO to develop food standards, guidelines and related texts such as codes of practice under the Joint FAO/WHO Food Standards Programme. Countries join the program and adopt the Codex voluntarily; the UK is among it's adherents.

Codex Alimentarious lists what CAN be added to food or other consumables --anything NOT on the list is NOT allowed.

Like iodine (in salt).

And that's why I can't find iodized salt here.

I found this whole topic very interesting, especially because many nutritional supplements and minerals are NOT in the lists.... not good news for those wishing to be healthy through diet choices.

ALL the work we did on the Health Freedom Act back in the late 90's is now washed away by this Codex.

:(

ok I found some pink sea salt (complete with sand) at the natural food store.

as for the codex alimentarius,

maybe you should consider living in a different country.

^_^

[*] Sea salt from the oceans may contain pollutants,

It is indeed very likely that if I took a batch of seawater and evaporated it that the remaining salt would contain a lot of pollutants including heavy metals. I'm just repeating this to emphasize that sea salt is refined salt though I'm not sure of percentages of NaCl and MgCl.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sea_salt

However, unrefined sea salt contains many minerals that regular iodized table salt does not contain, such as magnesium, sulfate, calcium, and potassium

I have a salt and sorry rheum offends me.

:)

It is indeed very likely that if I took a batch of seawater and evaporated it that the remaining salt would contain a lot of pollutants including heavy metals. I'm just repeating this to emphasize that sea salt is refined salt though I'm not sure of percentages of NaCl and MgCl.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sea_salt

:)

:lol: so you had take a bath in the sea? :lol: Any way i have hear that salt must have jod? I guess that is why we can not drink sea water?

If i have not wrong people used salt whiteout jod ong time ago and they died?

Regards

salt-panorama-02.jpg

:lol: so you had take a bath in the sea? :lol: Any way i have hear that salt must have jod? I guess that is why we can not drink sea water?

If i have not wrong people used salt whiteout jod ong time ago and they died?

Regards

Oh, I did take some baths in the sea, but I did hear from coworkers that the fish near the refinery effluent has had it's skin torn off at places due to the fluoride being dumped. Perhaps nature has a way of purifying or settling these substances. What does "jod" mean? I searched but didn't find a meaning.

What does "jod" mean? I searched but didn't find a meaning.

well i try it to find the word in english but don't found it! Here in Sweden people can buy salt whit jod or whiteout jod, se the picture:

jozo_salt_med_jod_medium.jpg

SetWidth215-Grovt-Salt-utan-Jod-800g.jpg