Sign in to follow this  
Yodas Mom

Bitters

I just found some Swedish Bitters at Mom's place. I googled it and it is widely attributed to Paracelsus by verbal tradition--the formula isn't found in his writings. Also, there is a similar brew mentioned in the writings of St. Germain.

What the heck, I'll give it a shot. Anyone tried it?

-Yoda

Never tried it but I take other digestive bitters. Dandelion is a good one, five to fifteen drops of tincture before a meal. What are you looking for?

It turns out Mom's isn't Swedish, it's Caribean. Still, it's supposed to be a general tonic.

I'm into cheap energizers. I'm hard to please, though--I'll stay on something for about 30 days then forget about them.

Thanks for any thoughts!

-Y

Yoda man,

have you ever read my supplement thing...

I know everybody reacts differently and I am really not easy to please, but the AMP & the Spike seem to be some decent energizers working for some...

and they do a pretty good job keeping me up during endless days of studying

today I got some Spring Tea which is meant to be energizing and good for staying awake during night meditation. will let you know if that is a good cheap energizer...

by the way. What about the sungazing. I thought you had endless energy through it and it is pretty cheap (not making fun of you here)...

Harry

Hello...

I'm new here, but I've been reading for a little while...

I used to make a lot of the "Paracelsian" elixers. It's a lot of fun, and makes you feel a little like a medievel alchemist (although it does make the neighbors wonder a bit). If anyone is interested, I can send them instructions.

While I'm at it...I am extremely interested in links between Eastern and Western Alchemy. I know there was communication, I just don't know how much....anyone have any knowledge or theories?

>What's in your Spring Tea<

The Spring Tea from the Traditions of Tao is made of:

clover flower

papaya fruit

coclebur fruit

china root

tritici berry

bai zhu root

chang zhu root

shan yao root

siberian ginseng

chinese asparagus root

costus root

sweetflag rhizome

licorice root

tangerine peel

To be honest. I deslike its taste... I combine it with their Ancient Treasures tea, which has a nice flavor to it...

regarding staying awake. Currently something's going on. Haven'T felt that tired in years... whatever I seem to do seems to make things worse...

hmmmm

Harry

Daniel Reid published the 'ultimate' spring tea formula in one of his books. A real Kitchen sink recipe that took 6 months to slow brew. I believe its more exotic ingredients were 2 sea horses(one male, one female) and human placenta!

I have one herbal book w/ a particularly interesting spring formula called Beast Juice. Its interesting because after putting in the herbs you fill them w/ half brandy, half apple cider vinegar. I made it, its tastes pretty awful, but does have a kick to it.

Peace

Michael

for spring detox i usually use plain old nettles and maybe add some red clover. milk thistle tincture, burdock root, all the liver herbs. mmm!! then again, liver isn't spring in tcm is it? never mind.

interesting with the brandy and vinegar!! i have a recipe for herbal mulled wine somewhere. but that's for winter...

for spring detox i usually use plain old nettles and maybe add some red clover. milk thistle tincture, burdock root, all the liver herbs. mmm!! then again, liver isn't spring in tcm is it? never mind.

interesting with the brandy and vinegar!! i have a recipe for herbal mulled wine somewhere. but that's for winter...

5284[/snapback]

Yep. Liver is spring. Color belonging to it is green and the element is wood. I was once told by a teacher that if you want to learn late into the night consume something bitter... it's peak time is 1-3 AM...

Harry

But isn't liver sour in TCM? Everywhere else liver is bitter. Or I mean, assoc. with the bitter flavor.

But isn't liver sour in TCM? Everywhere else liver is bitter. Or I mean, assoc. with the bitter flavor.

5287[/snapback]

Damn! you are right. Bitter is asssociated with summer/heart... I am confused...

:blink:

It confuses me too because everywhere else I was always taught to detox liver with bitters in the spring...

Damn! you are right. Bitter is asssociated with summer/heart...  I am confused...

:blink:

5288[/snapback]

It confuses me too because everywhere else I was always taught to detox liver with bitters in the spring...

just do what feels right. the shen will tell you.

listening to them though is another issue.....

My shen doesn't talk back to me.

Only the plants talk back to me. And the lizards.

Sign in to follow this