TheSeeker

How do I get the jing out in the head?

By the way I am not doing any seminal kung-fu/big draw for a long time now.

I had this sticky and churning jing in my head. It was the result of doing seminal kung-fu without basic microcosmic orbit training. I have been fixing it by guiding it into my navel to store it there every time the jing becomes uncomfortable. By circulating it in the microcosmic orbit, I was able to make it soft, sometimes as soft as water that it descends down quickly.

Yet still the jing goes back to my head. I think I am even becoming an expert at it. I just invented a new routine that involves spinning my head around my neck while focusing on the mid eyebrow, stopping then guiding the 'tumbling jing' down to the navel especially when it is quite dense. After doing it a number of times, my head is beginning to get clear but now it is back on my head again.

What do you think I need to do to get it out of my head? I've tried ejaculating too but there is no effect at all. I tried spinning it in my navel 36 out - 24 in but it clearly doesn't store in there otherwise it won't get back in my head.

hey man ;)

I have practiced seminal kung-fu for a while.. I know exactly what you mean. ...I think.

I am no master, but I would like to say:

your jing is just circulating. it's not that 'it keeps going to your head'-- but maybe that it is getting trapped in your head? --probably because your front channels are not cultivated enough to deal with the output of your back, yang channels.

like you're running a super-highway at full efficiency at your back, only for shit to start stalling in your head because of traffic jams on your front.

What I found has been best... is opening my heart-center. As I open my heart, I do not even need to be actively aware of 'guiding' the jing down-- it seems to do it on it's own. Also, this coudl be considered an important aspect of opening up the front channels.

If you don't know how to (or are having trouble with,) open your heart center... try this, that I have been doing recently with great success (great great success):

find something to listen to. I have dropping water in my apartment that i pay attention to, but a clock would do great. pay attention to the sound, and then pay attention to your 'enveloping' the sound with your chest. almost like you are 'listening' to the sound with yoru chest. your heart opens as it accepts and internalizes the sound.

anyways, migth be a fun experiment at the least. migth even help you with your stagnant jing problem. I am definately no master, and you may be better cultivated than me... but I like sharing :)

You should become proficient with quiet sitting following the breath first before trying to manipulate energy like this. If your mind is disturbed and overactive or if you are being too intellectual, artificial or forceful with your practice your energy will congest in your upper body and head.

Remember the golden rule:

Qi flows where Shen goes, Jing flows where Qi goes.

Before and after any energy work engage in at least several minutes of quiet breathing. Start by really being aware of the air passing in and out of the nostrils. Then gently become aware of how your breath fills your body. Slowly and naturally (i.e. do without doing ... just let it happen) expand this awareness until you are 'full body breathing'.

Don't force anything, don't imaging anything, don't visualise anything, don't try and send energy anywhere ... just follow the breath and be aware of your body. If you feel any tension or pain you can use these sensations as a focus ... just simply observe and breath into these areas, don't try to change anything ... allow and accept things as they are. Allow any changes to occur naturally, spontaneously, and without any effort on your behalf.

The after a few minutes of quietude just simply allow your awareness to be more focused in the lower abdomen. Again don't try to achieve anything, don't force anything ... just be aware, be receptive.

Anytime thoughts arise simply return to the breathing process.

Blessings

I have a very active mind to be honest. I think alot, I imagine alot. Sometimes I kinda talk to myself when a movie plays on my head or I remember something in the past.

So I have to calm down my hyper mind then. Wow. Got to do some meditating.

I guess I have to look again on the century count practice and on concentrating on the opening the microcosmic orbit points.

Thanks y'all.

Microcosmic orbit training is sitting meditation. Zhan Zhang is macrocosmic orbit.

When you do whatever it is you were trying to explain, touch your tongue to the upper palate. This creates a connection for energy to flow down from your head to the tan tien, and is used in all forms of meditation.

It sounds like your imagination went into overtime trying to direct energy flow and made you unstable, with all of the talk about jing inside of your head, spinning your head around your neck, etc. When I was a kid we would spin our heads until we got dizzy and sometimes passed out on the playground. What Fun!

I've found that resonating my chest cavity by doing tibetan style throat notes helps open the heart...just like doing any shaking, once you're done everything's stirred up and moving, the stillness becomes just a little more profound :)