mouse

Full moon water

Hi all,

I've just remembered an old "recipe" from the older generations on leaving a bowl of water out on a full moon to harness the yin energy of the moon. (I'm of chinese ethnicity)

I can't remember the details on the benefits of the water but I did try making a batch last night on the 16th based on the lunar calander. I've no idea why but the moon seems to be fuller on the 16th than 15th.

On a personal note, I tried the water this morning and it was pretty empowering. It was a yin backed by a strong yang almost as if it was driving the yin properties. Was definately more "wet" and very cooling. I also only collected the water indoors around 9am so it had around 3 hours of morning sun. May have affected the properties with some ascending yang? Just my feedback of my own on batch I made.

There are some of you here who seem knowledgable on alchemic matters so I thought I'd bring this up on the forum and see what each one of you from your various backgrounds can contribute. Maybe we'll find some similarities in wiccan, taoist, pagan etc practices.

I personally do not do external nor internal alchemy as everything can be manifested from emptiness if required but this would make for some interesting discussion if we can focus on

1) Method of making

2) Uses/effects of water

3) Proposed alchemic transmutation process theories of your own

4) Experiences to share of personal uses of such water

Enjoy your practice.

mouse

Hi all,

I've just remembered an old "recipe" from the older generations on leaving a bowl of water out on a full moon to harness the yin energy of the moon. (I'm of chinese ethnicity)

I can't remember the details on the benefits of the water but I did try making a batch last night on the 16th based on the lunar calander. I've no idea why but the moon seems to be fuller on the 16th than 15th.

On a personal note, I tried the water this morning and it was pretty empowering. It was a yin backed by a strong yang almost as if it was driving the yin properties. Was definately more "wet" and very cooling. I also only collected the water indoors around 9am so it had around 3 hours of morning sun. May have affected the properties with some ascending yang? Just my feedback of my own on batch I made.

There are some of you here who seem knowledgable on alchemic matters so I thought I'd bring this up on the forum and see what each one of you from your various backgrounds can contribute. Maybe we'll find some similarities in wiccan, taoist, pagan etc practices.

I personally do not do external nor internal alchemy as everything can be manifested from emptiness if required but this would make for some interesting discussion if we can focus on

1) Method of making

2) Uses/effects of water

Enjoy your practice.

mouse

1) Method of making:

fill a bowl with spring water, take it outside, have the full moon reflect in it for a few hours.

2) Uses/effects: chiefly cosmetic. Face and hair beautification. Will work well in love spells.

3) Alchemical explanation: ganying.

5) Experiences: superb moisturizer and sunscreen.

I made a post on my blog on how to energize water... the sun would be a better choice. :)

Nice entry! :)

The sun would be a better choice for... what? Yang applications. My grandmother used to put a tin child-sized bath tub in the yard every summer morning, fill it with water, and let the sun work its magic throughout the day. At sunset, I was supposed to take a bath in it. Every day -- till I outgrew the tub at the age of 7. The water was always warm and sometimes even hot, and left me feeling "purified" before I knew the word. The rationale behind the practice: "children grow better when bathed in sun water." Well, I've grown taller than my both parents. :D

You might want to add an Ayurvedic twist to your sun water protocol: keep it in the sun in a blue glass container. It will become antibacterial and antiviral, on top of everything else.

I know a couple dozen more water-magic tricks... but Moon Water is a distinct and specific one. A much more powerful version, known under the unappetizing name of Moon Slime or The Thesalian Trick, is the one I never tried, too involved... but this one reverses jing, far as I understand from the explanation of its effects. This is not "energizing" though, this is transmutation... magic.

Edited by Taomeow

Nice entry! :)

The sun would be a better choice for... what? Yang applications.

Yes. Better then any coffee in the morning. Nourishing, energizing, etc. To qualify the sun energy as yang is like saying a Ferrari is a simple car. To me, sun energy is much more then that. :)

My grandmother used to put a tin child-sized bath tub in the yard every summer morning, fill it with water, and let the sun work its magic throughout the day. At sunset, I was supposed to take a bath in it. Every day -- till I outgrew the tub at the age of 7.
Wow, we had the same childhood. In addition to that, every summer I would spend 3 months in silence alone playing with Nature. I would give anything to live through that again. At the time, it was weird. I wanted to watch TV. But my grandma didn't have any TV or radio in the house, and her house was 3 miles away from any other village. :mellow:

You might want to add an Ayurvedic twist to your sun water protocol: keep it in the sun in a blue glass container. It will become antibacterial and antiviral, on top of everything else.
What will it do to the beneficial bacteria in your stomach and intestine?

I know a couple dozen more water-magic tricks... but Moon Water is a distinct and specific one. A much more powerful version, known under the unappetizing name of Moon Slime or The Thesalian Trick, is the one I never tried, too involved... but this one reverses jing, far as I understand from the explanation of its effects. This is not "energizing" though, this is transmutation... magic.
I'm very interested. if you don't want to share it in public, there is always PM. :)

Full moon is always related to Pure-Water .

Knowing what is the Pure-Water and Pure-Fire is crucial to cultivation. In fact Pure-water is also called the meta-jing , ie, jing arises in a status in which we are even thinking of no sex .

The pleasure of ordinary jing is concentrated at specific part of our body , or as Freud says , shifting from

organ to organ in different periods of our growing up . On the other hand ,the pleasure of meta-jing is free of localization , and always spreading across the whole body .

Edited by exorcist_1699

Thanks guys for your input.

Looks like Grandmothers are full of mysterious practices that only make sense after they're gone. We've got a saying in our culture that translates directly to English as follows:

"To not listen to the advice of your elders, loss lies at your feet."

It has a better ring to it in Mandarin though.

There are a few others on the forum who have shared their alchemic knowledge in the past on the forum. Would be interesting to hear their views as well.

Enjoy your practice.

mouse

Would you share some with us? (to try)

Or at least tell where the information can be gathered? :)

With kindness,

innergy

This is interesting... based on the video here the moon is growing but the growth is only spread on the earth side of the moon. The earth seems to feed the moon major chunk of the energy needed for growth. Something to learn every day.

Nice thread altogether!

And Gurdjieff always used to say that the earth was feeding the moon, as do we at death unless we evolve first...

What's the problem? I AM THE PROBLEM!

Love it. The earth has no ego. Heaven has no ego. I have the ego... so that's why everything else looks so unsatisfactory. Love it.

Would you share some with us? (to try)

Or at least tell where the information can be gathered? :)

With kindness,

innergy

look up baek bi tang or bai fei tang

you'll find details about timing and alchemy.

Great thread.

I'M going to make some moon water tonight!

What if we create a spinning votex in the water?

Clockwise yang?

Reverse clockwise yin?

What about sometimely words

spoken into the swirling moon water?

Is there an I ching reading for such a thing?

hi

i can share much with you on the topic of water magic and lunar energy work next time we catch up. just remember that the magnetic fluid affects the emotional attachments so its a bad idea without equanimity.

metta

adam

Hi all,

1) Method of making

2) Uses/effects of water

Enjoy your practice.

mouse

A much more powerful version, known under the unappetizing name of Moon Slime or The Thesalian Trick, is the one I never tried, too involved... but this one reverses jing, far as I understand from the explanation of its effects. This is not "energizing" though, this is transmutation... magic.

Can you plz explain more about this transmutation or even in short the steps how to come to this "Moon Slime" ? Not an exact manual but yust so we can get a hint on how it works ? Sounds very intresting, a concentrated lunar essence you can ingest ? :D

Regards, Mike

1) Method of making:

fill a bowl with spring water, take it outside, have the full moon reflect in it for a few hours.

2) Uses/effects: chiefly cosmetic. Face and hair beautification. Will work well in love spells.

3) Alchemical explanation: ganying.

5) Experiences: superb moisturizer and sunscreen.

Wow, this is amazing.

My mom told me how her father had a birthmark at his 3rd eye...and a wandering monk told him how to get rid of it. It was in fact something like leaning over a bowl full of water during the full moon! Well, he did just that, and the birthmark fell right off his face! I'm gonna have to ask my mom the details on this again...I had no idea it was a "known" Chinese folk practice. :D

Do you know more about its origin, and where did you learn about this, Taomeow?

i haven`t used full moon water yet, but i suppose that it should strengthen the intuition as well as creative abilities. i will try to find out more about it and post it here in the next month.

many years ago i used to experiment with the full moon energies, but in a different way. on full moon days i used to fast. and i did trance voyages together with a friend. we used the sacred postures that felicitas goodman describes in her books. i usually made quite interesting experiences with it. - and i did some writing and painting on full moon days, too. i had the impression that this creative work was easier on these special days.

enjoy the full moon!

Wow, this is amazing.

My mom told me how her father had a birthmark at his 3rd eye...and a wandering monk told him how to get rid of it. It was in fact something like leaning over a bowl full of water during the full moon! Well, he did just that, and the birthmark fell right off his face! I'm gonna have to ask my mom the details on this again...I had no idea it was a "known" Chinese folk practice. :D

Do you know more about its origin, and where did you learn about this, Taomeow?

Amazing indeed! Love it when things of this nature cross-reference like that. This kind of independent validation beats double-blind placebo-controlled make-believe games hands down.

The primal origins of all moon magic are shamanic, far as I know. There was a time when not "some" but "all" human cultures without a single exceptions were shamanic, and the sun, moon, and stars were the players in every case, of course. So it doesn't surprise me that you learned in China what I learned in Eastern Ukraine -- the older the "medium" of magic (and the moon is one of the oldest, obviously), the more "coincidences" will be encountered no matter where on the globe you look. It's when things start approaching our recent history and diverging into Zen and Calvinism and Zoroastrianism and so on that identical ideas and practices vanish; the earliest and/or still-intact ones invariably meet on some common ground or other. That's because their knowledge is not man-made, it's heaven-sent. :)

Amazing indeed! Love it when things of this nature cross-reference like that. This kind of independent validation beats double-blind placebo-controlled make-believe games hands down.

The primal origins of all moon magic are shamanic, far as I know. There was a time when not "some" but "all" human cultures without a single exceptions were shamanic, and the sun, moon, and stars were the players in every case, of course. So it doesn't surprise me that you learned in China what I learned in Eastern Ukraine -- the older the "medium" of magic (and the moon is one of the oldest, obviously), the more "coincidences" will be encountered no matter where on the globe you look. It's when things start approaching our recent history and diverging into Zen and Calvinism and Zoroastrianism and so on that identical ideas and practices vanish; the earliest and/or still-intact ones invariably meet on some common ground or other. That's because their knowledge is not man-made, it's heaven-sent. :)

Very interesting, indeed!

I'd love to learn more about this practice, and its Chinese and Eastern European origins. Is there a name for it in each folk culture? Also, I wonder if they might have a common origin, since they were both connected by the Silk Road.

Anyhow, I got a bit more details... This had happened in Sichuan, and a mendicant had come by. In those days, these beggars often went door-to-door, and people would often give them some money with the slight hopes that they might "work some magic" for them.

Anyhow, my grandpa had a fleshy birthmark on his forehead (perhaps like a big wart or something?), and the beggar had him get a face basin full of water at night on the full moon. He told him to lean his face over it, and he then said some words... Whereby incredibly, the birthmark then simply fell off his face and landed into the water!!! :blink:

Unfortunately, that's about all I know. I don't know what the guy said, or what the real mechanism behind this is, but perhaps just leaning over a tub of water on a full moon night might still work some magic. Who knows, I think I might try it for kicks! :)

Cool, what are Moon Slime or the Thessalian Trick?

Nice thread altogether!

And Gurdjieff always used to say that the earth was feeding the moon, as do we at death unless we evolve first...

True

anymore on that?

1) Method of making

2) Uses/effects of water

Enjoy your practice.

mouse

I would like to share a similar technique I was taught, it is western. It is used for healing.

The New Moon, not full, is used. This is the time of perfect Moon joining with Sun.

Expose a jar of water to the Sun between sunrise and noon the day following New Moon. Seal jar. Store in a dark place.

You can do this every new moon, collecting different waters. The Moon will be in the same Zodiac Sign as the Sun -- label the container with the appropriate sign.

To use: add a few drops to regular water and charge with intention of healing.

To pick which water to use, you want a suitable sign. You can go by personal characteristics, or by the person's chart. For purely physical healing, the signs rule the body heady to toe (Aries is head, Pisces feet). Choose the correct sign for the part of the body.

Healing is reliable but slow -- complementary. However it is effective. It needs to be done 4-5x/day if that's all you're using.

For a student, it's good discipline to prepare waters for all the signs. It teaches about changes in energy in the seasons.

There's more -- the colour of the glass jar can be used to filter the energy for various purposes. You can also use a little of the water in tea to help add energy to a healing brew. But that's basically it.

Enjoy!

~NeutralWire~

Alchemists will often collect dew, particularly the dew during a full moon. It is said to have extra ormus.

Alchemists will often collect dew

Very true although that's a rather different practice. The famous renaissance western book of alchemy, Mutus Liber ("Silent Book"), shows a process that begins with collecting dew.

A man named Armand Barbault is supposed actually to have recorded results with a similar method in a book called 'Gold of a Thousand Mornings', based on experiments he did in the seventies. I've never obtained the book to see what he actually experienced, it would be interesting though.

All best wishes,

~NeutralWire~