mwight

Ordering Some Books, any Reccomendations?

Order the one in your lower dan tien

and then get the one in the 2nd dan tien

and then get the one in your 3rd dan tien

and then get the one above your crown

and then get the one in the earth's core

and then get the one in your physical heart.

Peace & God Bless

Santiago

Like Vajrasattva's reply.

:D

Haven't heard of three but the look interesting?

Yoga of time travel and Quantum Lotus

peaked my curiosity.

Will check them out, thanks!

As for the tai chi one (Essence of Tai Chi)

It's pretty good.

You may as well just get his book on "classics" though.

That's where the info for this one comes from.

There is just less in it.

Not bad but...

Still and all.

Enjoy!

Have fun with your books!

Shon

Luv Books!

:wub:

Hey Matt,

They all seem very interesting indeed. Sounds like some great reading time. However, having spent my academic training in philosophy in some of these very areas, I occasionally remind myself that aside from their entertainment value, intellectual satisfaction and curiosity, and use in supporting the "view" in the early stages of practice, there is little value spending our time this way. They are all just concepts. Just representations of reality. Man made. Contingent truths, not necessary. Artificial constructs. And for all of us, distractions from looking directly into reality as it is. It is clear to me, if I am to attain realization I must eventually let go of my little intellectual games and habits - dropping the conceptual mind except where truly useful and consistent with my global realization - and as Zen masters have done in the past after they attained realization, throw away all books and models, for it is NOT like this...

If we sit for long enough, eventually we will realize it directly for ourselves. Then, if so inclined, we can write a book and let others know what we have seen. I will enjoy that book and then throw that one away too for it is not like that. :rolleyes::blink::D

In kind regards,

Adam.

Edited by Adam West

Hey Matt,

They all seem very interesting indeed. Sounds like some great reading time. However, having spent my academic training in philosophy in some of these very areas, I occasionally remind myself that aside from their entertainment value, intellectual satisfaction and curiosity, and use in supporting the "view" in the early stages of practice, there is little value spending our time this way. They are all just concepts. Just representations of reality. Man made. Contingent truths, not necessary. Artificial constructs. And for all of us, distractions from looking directly into reality as it is. It is clear to me, if I am to attain realization I must eventually let go of my little intellectual games and habits - dropping the conceptual mind except where truly useful and consistent with my global realization - and as Zen masters have done in the past after they attained realization, throw away all books and models, for it is NOT like this...

If we sit for long enough, eventually we will realize it directly for ourselves. Then, if so inclined, we can right a book and let others know what we have seen. I will enjoy that book and then throw that one away too for it is not like that. :rolleyes::blink::D

In kind regards,

Adam.

Your right.

Hey Matt,

If we sit for long enough, eventually we will realize it directly for ourselves. Then, if so inclined, we can right a book and let others know what we have seen. I will enjoy that book and then throw that one away too for it is not like that. :rolleyes::blink::D

In kind regards,

Adam.

beautiful.

indeed.

throw away all books

SINNER!!!

Worst sacrilege!!!

*gasp*

Throw away a book ???

:blink:

ya'd think they grew on trees er somthin'.

at least pass em on to those "less enlightened", gosh.

...there's so many uses for an unwanted book.

any way.

Tottaly agree about the sitting part! :D

"tradition" of sitting doesn't matter!

As long as it's a tradition living through u!

(Ie. not stagnant)

Peace kids!

Shon

SINNER!!!

Worst sacrilege!!!

*gasp*

Throw away a book ???

:blink:

ya'd think they grew on trees er somthin'.

at least pass em on to those "less enlightened", gosh.

...there's so many uses for an unwanted book.

any way.

Tottaly agree about the sitting part! :D

"tradition" of sitting doesn't matter!

As long as it's a tradition living through u!

(Ie. not stagnant)

Peace kids!

Shon

LOL

I must admit I am an info addict. I love reading and learning, and thinking. I would probably be much further along the path if I didn't read as much.

Classics.

Go for Classics.

That's not to say there haven't been new contributions, but in general, real wisdom of the internal has been in decline since the advent of the written word. Contemplating the classics is a type of meditation.

Daodejing

Huangdi Neijing : The Yellow Emperor's Classic

Yijing : The Book of Changes

Rigveda

The Tanakh

Aside from Daodejing those books are all strait out of oral tradition. They are the efforts and encapsulation of a culture's wisdom, you could spend a lifetime digging deep into these rather than spreading yourself thin among pop-theories.

The author that has had the most profound impact on me is probably Jiddu Krishnamurti - To Be Human is a great starting point in exploring his ouvre.

Another great book is Awareness by Fr. Anthony de Mello.

There is nothing more profound and valuable than sitting but I also have a bit of an intellectual side that I like to indulge.

Fr. Anthony De Mello is really good. He has some great videos on youtube. Some excellent articles on his website too.