Vajrasattva

scary stuff

Yeah I'd tend to agree that while theorizing about government will generally be accepted, any comments that suggest a real intention to "harm" our system are likely to bring unwanted attention. Besides that, in my opinion harming people won't help anyways. Anyone seen a movie called Death of a President? (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Death_of_a_President) In this movie someone nails Bush, and our favorite VP takes over... (Please don't take my mention of this film to reflect anything about my beliefs, I just found it thought provoking)

Rather than worry about whether our government hit the towers (I'm withholding my opinion on this one), I tend to concern myself with attention to the psychological and physical nutriments being infused into society. I'm happy that there's no flouride in my water, but that doesn't do much about the TV in my living room. And even if I were to avoid all negative influences (somehow), I must still interact with those who are exposed so I get it indirectly.

What makes me really nervous is that people are hard to predict and control as individuals, but it gets easier with groups. The world's population just keeps on growing, and it has already been made clear that our leaders have shown less than ethical behavior in this realm (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Project_MKULTRA)

Psychology is powerful, and humans are smart. Sadly intelligence doesn't necessitate morality. The system is in place for mass human programming. I don't know to what degree this is happening at present, but it seems likely to me that this kind of thing will only get more common as we humans learn more about how our brains work (chemically and behaviorally).

In light of this I must examine everything (such as 9/11) with a very specific measure of caution, asking myself how the information presented is affecting me in ways that might not be initially obvious.

peace + love

Chris

Want to hear the funniest Joke ever?

'Building 7'

:lol::lol::lol:

And Nearly as funny... Titanium Jet turbines evaporating?

Turbines that are designed to contain a constant explosion of jet fuel inside them to push a plane through the sky.

Just evaporated? The explosion was so hot they just evaporated? Yet some how Passports and 'DNA' survived unscathed... WOW!!! :blink::o:lol:

Well said Lin.

And not all religions point in one direction. Buddha's path transcends samsara. Others keep you wandering.

Pure Dhamma is very grounded and all mind.

A sign of a practitioner is in his/her conduct through the 8fold path. If you can't show good conduct in speech/action/mindfulness on an internet forum where you have all the time in the world to gather your thoughts before posting, self investigation is recommended.

Enjoy your practice.

mouse

In my opinion, Patrick is right, because there is only One Truth. Buddhas existed before Shakyamuni Buddha. And the real Buddhism existed before the term Buddhism came about.

The title of the thread says it all.

Alex Jones is about using fear to control and influence people.

I think of him as a fear pusher who is working against the people.

His agenda and solutions are questionable. I think his role is to undermine the credibility of questioning the government while drawing out into the public those most worthy of government supervision in terms of the threat to power that they potentially represent should they gain any real credibility.

He is a propagandist of sensationalism without any meaningful solutions and is far from what I would call an enlightened being.