Sign in to follow this  
genmaicha

Kunlun book and first level

Hi,

I just received the book ordered through lulu.

The first time I saw the web site I was very skeptical. Normally it is rare for someone to master one practices but in Max's case mastership of several arts and practices is claimed, Chinese QiGong/NeiGong, Tibetan practices, American Indian, Egyptian, Wow. The video showing Max to lead people into ecstacy or moving them raised a red flag as well. It reminded me of Frank Dux, albeit more sophisticated. Not to talk about the faked death and that people who have studied with him before apparently say that he looks very different now. Or how Kan dismaterialized spontaneously at a Starbucks in Japan or how the DNA is changed.

But then I read Tao Bum's experiences and how they were also skeptical at first but then convinced of the practice and Max.

Also somehow I get a good and honest vibe from Max and Chris.

So, I decided to order the book. I know that it is not so easy for me to open up so I'm not sure that I will soon see any results, but I'll give a try.

I have a few questions that some can perhaps answer:

1. The first level seems to be seated on a chair. Is it possible to do the practice somehow differently? I sit on a chair the whole day at work. Also I've been trying to meditate and would like to continue sitting on the floor, which is good for opening the hips, too, and typical in Asia anyway vs. the Western chair. Perhaps standing is possible.

2. What's the deal with the fur? Why can't you just place the chair on the ground (or if sitting/standing is possible sit/stand on the ground or floor)?

3. I'm pretty sure that I won't be able to do the practice every day for the 1 hour plus 20 minutes coming down. Is it ok to practice let's say four times a week?

Is it ok to practice say 40 minutes with 10 minutes coming down?

4. About the 100 day retention- What if you have a wet dream? All in vain?

5. I'd like to continue my dynamic Hatha yoga practice, however been a bit scared by Max's warning in the book not to do other energetic practices as this might lead to energetic sickness. Is hatha yoga (not talking about Yogi Bhajan's kundalini yoga) practice compatible with Kunlun?

By the way the book is quite nice. It's quite short and a small format. I like the design and the way it is written (at least the about thirty pages I've read so far.).

Edited by genmaicha

you can practice for as long as you'd like. You can sit cross legged but keep your hips above your knees. I forget if this is in the current book, but after 5 minutes of holding the posture if no motion occurs on its own then intentionally gently rock the torso side to side. It's like rocking a rocking chair.

The fur or wool blanket is a plus but doesn't seem to be mandatory.

Haven't tried the 100 days.

sitting on a chair is different than sitting on the edge of a chair :)

some stuff is compatible, I'm not sure about hatha though...

haha !

you notice that if you take the hand position, and then move from a chair to sitting position, (ie FULL LOTUS) You have one of the falun-dafa postures?!!

lol! maybe those whackjobs aren't so far off in their practices afterall !! :lol::lol::lol:

haha !

you notice that if you take the hand position, and then move from a chair to sitting position, (ie FULL LOTUS) You have one of the falun-dafa postures?!!

lol! maybe those whackjobs aren't so far off in their practices afterall !! :lol::lol::lol:

Is that you drew?

Well some one is fucking laughing!

:rolleyes:

1. The first level seems to be seated on a chair. Is it possible to do the practice somehow differently?

2. What's the deal with the fur?

3. I'm pretty sure that I won't be able to do the practice every day for the 1 hour plus 20 minutes coming down.

5. I'd like to continue my dynamic Hatha yoga practice,

1) You could do it standing, also. Mix it up if you like.

2) Don't worry about the fur.

3) Do the practice for as long/short as you like. I'd say at least 4 times a week in the beginning, though, in order to get some momentum going. You could even do it 2 or 3 times a day, but for much shorter sessions (even as short as a few minutes) .. in order to build toward beginning opening.

4) Don't worry about the retention, just be moderate.

5) Hatha yoga is pretty balanced, stay with it. No worries.

All imho. :D

~ later edit ~

oh, * whew *, Chris showed up to give the low down. :)

Edited by Trunk

I have a few questions that some can perhaps answer:

1. The first level seems to be seated on a chair. Is it possible to do the practice somehow differently? I sit on a chair the whole day at work. Also I've been trying to meditate and would like to continue sitting on the floor, which is good for opening the hips, too, and typical in Asia anyway vs. the Western chair. Perhaps standing is possible.

Sitting in a chair with the heels raised and leaning forward is the key to activating this energetic experience. You are holding a posture that tunes your body to the divine harmonic. When you start to get close to that state, the legs may start bouncing and then that energy may move up to your lower dan tien, after that the heart. Don't allow it to rise to the brain though because at this point you will want to allow the cooling, downward flowing energy to cascade down through the head to the heart. This is where water and fire merge and create the steam of bliss. You will feel quite magnetic at this point, as if your magnetic body is much larger than your physical body.

After practicing for a while and you are able to activate your Kunlun at will, you can sit on the ground or a bed, but just make sure that your hips are higher than your knees.

Of course standing is possible, but not recommended unless Max is there. In your magnetic state you can go bouncing into things that might not feel too good.

What you are actually doing with this practice is freeing the spirit from the mental confines of the body. The process reveals all of the tensions in the body. Tension is created by physical or mental stress. Once recognized, the energy generated can be directed to a tense area to help open it up and release the block. When tension is released the emotion held in a block can be released and this is where the screaming and crying and laughing occur and when an emotional block is cleared, that particular issue is resolved and you won't have to experience it anymore.

Once all of the tension in the body is released (all channels open), the spirit can flow freely within the body and then begin to expand beyond the body. This is where it gets interesting, but I won't say much more on that. It is for the individual to discover themselves.

2. What's the deal with the fur? Why can't you just place the chair on the ground (or if sitting/standing is possible sit/stand on the ground or floor)?

The fur is an insulator. You can use it or not. I like it, personally.

3. I'm pretty sure that I won't be able to do the practice every day for the 1 hour plus 20 minutes coming down. Is it ok to practice let's say four times a week?

Is it ok to practice say 40 minutes with 10 minutes coming down?

The most important thing is that you make sure you are grounded afterward and that you have stored all of the energy that you generated into the lower dan tien. If that takes 20 minutes or 5 minutes, it doesn't matter. Just make sure you don't leave any energy in the head or you will feel bonky.

The hundred days is a suggestion for older guys generally or anyone who loses their essence frequently. It is mentioned so that if you feel you have a lack of energy, you can try it to help build your jing chi and open energetic gates in the body.

If you have a wet dream, just start again building the energy. Don't worry about it too much.

5. I'd like to continue my dynamic Hatha yoga practice, however been a bit scared by Max's warning in the book not to do other energetic practices as this might lead to energetic sickness. Is hatha yoga (not talking about Yogi Bhajan's kundalini yoga) practice compatible with Kunlun?

Hatha yoga is fine.

By the way the book is quite nice. It's quite short and a small format. I like the design and the way it is written (at least the about thirty pages I've read so far.).

Thanks. We try to keep it simple and to the point. Hope this helps.

Good luck,

Chris

Edited by Mantra68

Hi Chris,

If I have been practicing for 6 month KL1,

But I have not been in the first seminar yet,

Can I come to the first seminar then the second?

Thank you,

ToL

Hi Chris,

If I have been practicing for 6 month KL1,

But I have not been in the first seminar yet,

Can I come to the first seminar then the second?

Thank you,

ToL

Sure, but please tell me your name so I can make a note. Just PM me.

Level 2-3 of Kunlun and Red Phoenix will be taught as well as the standing/moving Kunlun 5 elements. It should be a great class. You will have fun with the new stuff.

Were you planning on going to the San Diego classes or the classes in Arizona?

Sure, but please tell me your name so I can make a note. Just PM me.

Level 2-3 of Kunlun and Red Phoenix will be taught as well as the standing/moving Kunlun 5 elements. It should be a great class. You will have fun with the new stuff.

Were you planning on going to the San Diego classes or the classes in Arizona?

Well, If I could I will go BOTH, sincerely, but unfortunately I do not live in the US, so I really hope you could add a seminar of Level2-3 of Kunlun in the next tour to Europe? I don't even live in Europe, it's just the closest place for me to come :) Kunlun 5 elements, sounds very cool!

By the way, are you planning to come to Europe this year, do you know what month?

Please consider if possible adding Level 2-3 to the next tour, I love the practice, I just ordered the second book, and I am really waiting to meet the crew and Max B)

Best Wishes,

ToL

Well, If I could I will go BOTH, sincerely, but unfortunately I do not live in the US, so I really hope you could add a seminar of Level2-3 of Kunlun in the next tour to Europe? I don't even live in Europe, it's just the closest place for me to come :) Kunlun 5 elements, sounds very cool!

By the way, are you planning to come to Europe this year, do you know what month?

Please consider if possible adding Level 2-3 to the next tour, I love the practice, I just ordered the second book, and I am really waiting to meet the crew and Max B)

Best Wishes,

ToL

Oh, I see. Europe might happen next May. It seems like a good time to go there.

As for Kunlun 5 elements, it is a pretty strong practice. It really moves your energy and opens the channels. This is a moving practice, not to be confused with the Maoshan standing 5 elements.

Hi Chris,

Do you have any plans to come to San Francisco?

I have not recieved my book yet so i haven't don't anything.

Coyote

Hi Chris,

Do you have any plans to come to San Francisco?

I have not recieved my book yet so i haven't don't anything.

Coyote

I think December looks likely.

I think December looks likely.

i'll make it a point to be there.

and i promise to be on my best behavior this time.

;)

i'll make it a point to be there.

and i promise to be on my best behavior this time.

;)

It's all good man. We totally encourage skepticism (I am one of the biggest), but I think you just got the wrong impression of Max.

He is really something special and I hope you get the most out of seeing him next time.

Oh, I see. Europe might happen next May. It seems like a good time to go there.

As for Kunlun 5 elements, it is a pretty strong practice. It really moves your energy and opens the channels. This is a moving practice, not to be confused with the Maoshan standing 5 elements.

Oh man, next may is like in a hundred years!

I have the old book and went to the seminar in NJ. Is the kunlun moving 5 elements in the new book?

Why is it that people are either "amazed" when they go to a Kunlun seminar or they laugh at it like it's a joke? A great man once said that chi works whether you believe it or not, however, not believing makes the effect take a bit longer to set in. So what's the deal?

Why is it that people are either "amazed" when they go to a Kunlun seminar or they laugh at it like it's a joke? A great man once said that chi works whether you believe it or not, however, not believing makes the effect take a bit longer to set in. So what's the deal?

The only person who had a negative response from one of the seminars has since changed his mind.

It may not be the path for everyone but it is definitely potent and the results are very real.

Sign in to follow this