Gerard

What are your delusions?

...A little meditation helps greatly. I take it slow with meditation because sometimes it opens me to some problems I'm not ready to face...

We all have problems.

You will have to face your own demons face to face or you won't progress.

Very important that you do grounding work to balance energy accumulated in the upper tantien.

Top grounding exercises are Baguazhang and Xingyi. Also the Taiwanese Bagua system (Gong Baotian style) which has Shaolin, Taichi and Yin Fu Bagua influence is excellent but physically quite demanding.

Here's a video of what it looks like:

The best of luck,

Namo Amitabha.

Thanks durkhrod chogori

Would you say just watching this video for example and immitating is a good thing to do? It's the only thing I can do because I live in a country where there is nobody I can learn from, only the internet. That's the only way I can practise.

that one day smoking actually is going to be good for me....?

gallery_2013_62_6867.jpg

Yup, and another one..."INSIDE we're all the same". Really.

Edited by rain

What isnt a delusion.. the wu wei? the open throbbing heart? the tears that stream down in the face of holiness?

the hand of a sleeping child resting on my arm. handing food you have cooked with love, to hungry people. the lift of your heart when you see the trees. the sigh of pleasure when you get into a hot bath. the ever present physical surprise when you open the curtains in the morning and daylight has come again.

The purity and innocence that are in these words are far from delusion. Where these came from, there is no delusion - just purity, honesty, and beauty.

This made me warm this morning, thank you :)

are laziness and procrastination the same delusion?

I know I procrastinate, but am not sure if I am really lazy, may be I am afraid of something that's why I putting things off? and I know fear is a delusion, just not sure what I am afraid off, not death, not loneliness, what then?

may be everything is delusion?

Delusions?

Waaaaay too many.

Sometimes I think that I am on this "journey" for all the wrong reasons, that deep down inside it's just ego driven, or that I'm searching for some "power" so everyone will look at me and think I'm cool... maybe I've deluded myself about this whole thing... but I continue on with my practice, help who I can when I can where I can and... keep going.

I'm almost 19, who knows where I'll end up. I really just started this "path" a couple years ago, so looking back where I have traveled so far, I can still see where I started, while the rest of the path still remains far, FAR off in the distance... then I keep walking.

Edited by Sloppy Zhang

No, unfortunately you can't, sorry, don't even try.

May I ask in which country do you live? There must be someone who practices Bagua/Xingyi in there. If you aren't sure, register in this forum and request a teacher:

http://www.emptyflower.net/forums/index.php?showforum=5

I live in Serbia. In a town of around 100 000 people which is pretty disconnected from any bigger city. There could be someone in Belgrade but currently I'm unable to travel there (my financial situation is not very good).

I need something that is easily learned and really requires only effort, not traveling too far. I realise that this is asking much, but I hope there's something at least a little effective that I could do in my current situation.

I have seen only one post on the 5 Tibetans saying it's good, but do you know anything about this? Is it good for grounding which you mentioned is very important? I feel like I am realitively well grounded, but that's just a feeling not based on anything solid enough. Like, if you can do 100 push-ups you know you have a strong upper body.

Sorry for going off-topic here, but my situation is not the best one when it comes to instruction, so I need all the help I can get. I need to be very careful with experimenting, because if I harm myself I don't have very many options for help.

Thanks

Every action, every thought,all beliefs,all reason,all insight,every treasure you can imagine must be silenced and then and only then can the true heart emerge.

The medicine is made in silence,the nature is repose and movement,the instruction is in the breath.

If the mind doesn't move where is delusion?If the mind does move where isn't delusion?

The purity and innocence that are in these words are far from delusion. Where these came from, there is no delusion - just purity, honesty, and beauty.

This made me warm this morning, thank you :)

You're welcome! :wub:

I live in Serbia. In a town of around 100 000 people which is pretty disconnected from any bigger city. There could be someone in Belgrade but currently I'm unable to travel there (my financial situation is not very good).

I need something that is easily learned and really requires only effort, not traveling too far. I realise that this is asking much, but I hope there's something at least a little effective that I could do in my current situation.

I have seen only one post on the 5 Tibetans saying it's good, but do you know anything about this? Is it good for grounding which you mentioned is very important? I feel like I am realitively well grounded, but that's just a feeling not based on anything solid enough. Like, if you can do 100 push-ups you know you have a strong upper body.

Sorry for going off-topic here, but my situation is not the best one when it comes to instruction, so I need all the help I can get. I need to be very careful with experimenting, because if I harm myself I don't have very many options for help.

Thanks

Sorry to hear you live in an inconvenient location.

That 5 Tibetans exercise is just moving Yoga. Internal Martial Arts are different and more effective, work energetically connecting you to the ground and then your entire self getting rid of all blockages you may have, mental, physical and karmic.

Have you considered moving to another country in the future? It would be something to look at.

Good luck.

Edit: Another option would be visiting China every year during your holidays. There is good Bagua & Xingyi in Beijing.

Edited by durkhrod chogori

Delusions?

Waaaaay too many.

Sometimes I think that I am on this "journey" for all the wrong reasons, that deep down inside it's just ego driven, or that I'm searching for some "power" so everyone will look at me and think I'm cool... maybe I've deluded myself about this whole thing... but I continue on with my practice, help who I can when I can where I can and... keep going.

I'm almost 19, who knows where I'll end up. I really just started this "path" a couple years ago, so looking back where I have traveled so far, I can still see where I started, while the rest of the path still remains far, FAR off in the distance... then I keep walking.

Hey Sloppy Zhang,

I'm 18, almost 19. I know what you're feeling about the path looking so far. Sometimes, I get scared that I can't do it and scare myself to death that I can't make real progress. Then, I remember to just focus on the day and to forget what may happen in the future.

What I've learned is that I should do my practice. Even if I have to drag myself to my meditation seat, I should do it because practice is what makes a difference. There are plenty of good people who make no meditation progress, and there's assholes that make great spiritual progress.

Then again that might be the exception to the rule... :huh:

Delusions?

Waaaaay too many.

Hey Sloppy Zhang,

I'm 18, almost 19. I know what you're feeling about the path looking so far. Sometimes, I get scared that I can't do it and scare myself to death that I can't make real progress. Then, I remember to just focus on the day and to forget what may happen in the future.

What I've learned is that I should do my practice. Even if I have to drag myself to my meditation seat, I should do it because practice is what makes a difference. There are plenty of good people who make no meditation progress, and there's assholes that make great spiritual progress.

Then again that might be the exception to the rule... :huh:

Delusions?

Waaaaay too many.

No one knows where they will end up.

So you're no different than anyone else. Just do your practice don't look forward - don't look back.

There is really no way for us to measure where we are.

Being in the present and being present is the path and the goal.

Ever read Siddhartha by Hermann Hesse?

No one knows where they will end up.

So you're no different than anyone else. Just do your practice don't look forward - don't look back.

There is really no way for us to measure where we are.

Being in the present and being present is the path and the goal.

Ever read Siddhartha by Hermann Hesse?

Yes, though admittedly it's something I have to go back and read :D

See back when I initially read it through (in high school) I hadn't really thought about spirituality or self cultivation, etc. The stuff I'm on now. It certainly gave me stuff to think about. But about a year and a half ago I started to get into "that stuff", and there's a daily growing list of texts I'd love to go back to and reread, mostly because I'm at a very different place now than where I was back then.

Sorry to hear you live in an inconvenient location.

That 5 Tibetans exercise is just moving Yoga. Internal Martial Arts are different and more effective, work energetically connecting you to the ground and then your entire self getting rid of all blockages you may have, mental, physical and karmic.

Have you considered moving to another country in the future? It would be something to look at.

Good luck.

Edit: Another option would be visiting China every year during your holidays. There is good Bagua & Xingyi in Beijing.

I see. Visiting China won't be possible in the near future. My plan is to move to another country definetly, but that's still far away and right now impossible for me.

I thought I might be able to get started alone, but I see your point. Oh well, I'll try searching more. I feel that for example when I walk really slowly somewhere (I enjoy doing this), I feel more grounded. Now, that's just a personal feeling, and although I'm somewhat satisfied with it, I know that there are more effective techniques, but it seems unfourtenetly I can't learn them on my own. Well, I guess I'll search for some more stuff like that, maybe slightly more effective...

thanks durkhrod chogori

I'm sure I have my share of delusions.

However, since I am deluded I have no idea what they are.

Once I realize a delusion I no longer have that particular delusion. :)

First of all, read this:

http://buddhism.kalachakranet.org/delusion...loneliness.html

I have too:

1. Loneliness.

2. Laziness.

Plus attachment on top of that.

How far am I from the final goal? Very

Time left: I am 41 yrs old. Maybe another 40 yrs or more depending on karma. So....the odds are 1:2

What should I do?

Probably move my lazy attached to the world ass and get involved with more spiritual retreats instead of dwelling in the ordinary world seeking for material pleasure. I will and need to start now not tomorrow!!!!

How about you?

How much are you doing in order to break through illusory phenomena?

Is it really working?

Delusion , is the after birth of illusion

Illusion is the creation of what we have come to think of as spirituality...and mysticism.

Nature is not mystical or spiritual, it just is.

To search the before or after of the here and now ,is the root of all deceptions, and the beginning of confusion and internal chaos. We are the only creatures on the planet that don't live in the here and now.

The more we search and seek within these modalities, of unreality, the more the mind is seperated from the feelings ,the more isolated and alienated we become from the universal life force. This seperates us from anyone who does not think the way we do. And becomes a threat when anyone questions our motives , actions and responses. Fear then takes over and we run back to what we think is a safe place.

When heart and mind are in balanced ,all is harmonious with nature.

Attempting to force the mind and feelings to come together, thru control and manipulation of thoughts and feelings is the grand creator of illusions, the more isolated we become from life and nature itself, the more delusional we become. When heart and mind are in harmony, our intuitive genius carries us from this to that with out being effected by what we think are changes. To think someone else has the answers we seek carries us ever further down the path of all illusion.

Opening the mind to perceptions of grand designs, we flee our natural self, on the concepts of faith, hope and love, all delusional responses to the illusion each of these concepts create. All three take us away from our natural response supposing on something that has nothing to do with the here and now. So we cling to possibilities what might be in the future with faith and hope.........losing ourselves in what we think love is supposed to be. The end result is no peace, no harmony ,no balance.

We search scriptures for some other way to get out of this mess we have created, we pile more information on top of information coming from outside of ourselves, going for anything that sounds exciting or impressive creating new dramas to be performed or to be acted out,to replace the old drama that no longer keeps our attention and brings boredom. We search for confirmation of our own thoughts and feelings. And when someone says that is wonderful ...that was a fantastic observation, we fly away, feeding ourselves on this insanity of purpose. Feeling good inside for a moment and impressed with ourselves we search for what will keep reinforcing this insecurity, when we get it we feel ,great, when we don't we find gloom and depression.

Keep this up long enough and we will find a new fix, possibly drugs, both legal or perscribed. Go to the doctor ,they will tell you, you are bi-polar, this is the latest trick and illusion, to seperate us from our self, leading to anti-depressants and when we arrive at that door, there are no feelings.

We are not made to be lonely or lazy, we have created the scenario that brings on these responses to where we really are, and with lonliness and laziness comes isolation, and isolation brings on depression. These are all things we create our self by our choices. Obviously something is the matter with what we chose to feed our mind. It is a hole we dug for ourselves and the only way out is the way we came in. Reviewing with new eyes the fixed idea that brought us here in the first place. This takes stopping the new information, and becoming openminded enough to reevaluate your own self, and your creation.....

Remember that old saying (question authority) whose authority are you following?

All governments enjoy seeing groups getting together to do things and think things differently, then the way the government wants them to think, that way they can keep an eye on them more easily.

Plus they truly enjoy watching the illusional and delusional, they are the easiest to control and manipulate with their propaganda in the veil of religious and philosophical literature.

Take the catholic dynasty, do you think they weren't the ones who released the dead sea scrolls, and the Nag Hammadi, to create more chaos and confusion,to hide and threaten some and get rid of those they didn't want around anyway.

So who are you following that you think is better eqipped to show you the way then you youself?

joe( that should be metoo instead of metzu)

I'm sure I have my share of delusions.

However, since I am deluded I have no idea what they are.

Once I realize a delusion I no longer have that particular delusion. :)

perfect! :)