What are your delusions?

First of all, read this:

http://buddhism.kalachakranet.org/delusion...loneliness.html

I have too:

1. Loneliness.

2. Laziness.

Plus attachment on top of that.

How far am I from the final goal? Very

Time left: I am 41 yrs old. Maybe another 40 yrs or more depending on karma. So....the odds are 1:2

What should I do?

Probably move my lazy attached to the world ass and get involved with more spiritual retreats instead of dwelling in the ordinary world seeking for material pleasure. I will and need to start now not tomorrow!!!!

How about you?

How much are you doing in order to break through illusory phenomena?

Is it really working?

LOL!

Great post.

That i actually need sleep!

don't see sleep on there?

am very attached to it but don't do it.

Going to look for some sunrise,

maybe do some standing, "swallow" some sun,

get some energy to try and make it through the day.

Good luck to all!

shon

Edited by shontonga

Yes great post.

I'm also the lonely, lazy type although I don't see my situation as completely negative. Yes I dislike the noise of the cars and the harshness of the concrete but I figure we have to change from within. My path is brutally obvious in that I know what work I need to do but the motivation is hard for me.

Yesterday I saw a rainbow and this morning I saw a red fox in the back garden. When I asked the 'I Ching' years ago about my path it told me not to get my tail wet crossing the stream. Now twenty years later on I'm slowly extracting myself from the booze, returning to my tai chi and hoping to soon be walking around Oxfords parks and gardens daily. That's my life ambition and I'm not joking!

Yesterday I saw a rainbow and this morning I saw a red fox in the back garden.

must have been rainbow-day yesterday. one followed my car for a while. :D i was reminded by that reading your post.

wish you a good day, rainbow-friend,

jan.

My delusion is that of being profoundly and fondly attached to this temporary human body my parents named Ben.

Yesterday I saw a rainbow and this morning I saw a red fox in the back garden.

If yesterday was a rainbowish day,

Today is a foxy day!

:rolleyes:

I went to see the sun come upbut it had other plans?

So decided to try and find some breakfast.

No breakfast was found but had a pretty little fox

dance beside my truck for a moment!

Skinniest little fox I'd ever seen!

red and long legs!

Must have been a young one?

:D

Good luck with the booze thing , Pat.

Proud of ya for steppin' out of the bottle.

Might be interesting to watch your emotions,

If it's been a steady state?

Can be like relearning it all again in some ways.

Like a foot waking up, can be almost a bit painful.

But worth it in the long run, i think.

Nice to feel the grass between your toes!

Not so bad.

Your idea of walking the gardens every day

sounds perfect.

A good way to connect with life.

peace to all.

Shon

Edited by shontonga

That I needed "THE ULTIMATE SECRET" method to be successful on a spiritual path. If only I could find it.... :)

1) laziness

2) laziness

3) laziness

and finally,

4) laziness

I was far too lazy before weed... :lol:

Edited by joeblast

Quoting the website...

Doubt

Defined as: deluded indecisive wavering - being in two minds about reality; usually leading to negative actions. Examples are, once one has decided to be a Buddhist, doubting karma, rebirth etc. In fact, one should be clear about these fundamental aspects prior to becoming a Buddhist.

Doubt, to me, acts as a reminder that I am not ignorant and it keeps adding fuel to my search. Perhaps it is a delusion however, yet I do not see it as such. Did not Buddha say that we should test things out for ourselves, for we are the only judges we need to satisfy? That being the case I would need to have reached the stage of gaining the siddhi which allows me to know my past lives before I would believe it... And that has been my take on it since the get-go.

That aside, I will have to join the laziness and loneliness camp. Less lazy... but so, so alone.

Thank you for starting this thread to remind me. My heart goes out to you, durkhrod chogori and Patrick, and all those who share this loneliness. May the trembling emptiness disappear from our hearts...

Most humble,

James

I just woke up in the night, worrying. So its a good time to express this.

So, FEAR. Fear of falling down this rabbit hole, and fear of not falling down far enough. Of risks, or not taking risks. Of teachers and guide, and of no teachers or guides. Of a path too fast, of too slow.

Lonlyness and lazyness for sure. Thinking that I can keep seperate from the world around me. Keep safe. Feeling like I am seperate from the world. There is the world and then there is me. Its like people who think human beings are seperate from nature. That nature is out there. We are nature. No matter what we do. We are what we see in the world in the same way. No matter how much I keep reminding my self of this though I keep sliping back down the same old path. I need to spend more time in the mountains. I need to find a tai che teacher and get the rubber on the road. I need to practice what I already know.

Quoting the website...

Doubt, to me, acts as a reminder that I am not ignorant and it keeps adding fuel to my search. Perhaps it is a delusion however, yet I do not see it as such. Did not Buddha say that we should test things out for ourselves, for we are the only judges we need to satisfy? That being the case I would need to have reached the stage of gaining the siddhi which allows me to know my past lives before I would believe it... And that has been my take on it since the get-go.

Yes I know how you feel. I wish I was closer to you and look into you to tell you something about your previous karmic cycles. How long have you been meditating for??

That aside, I will have to join the laziness and loneliness camp. Less lazy... but so, so alone.

Thank you for starting this thread to remind me. My heart goes out to you, durkhrod chogori and Patrick, and all those who share this loneliness. May the trembling emptiness disappear from our hearts...

Most humble,

James

Yes we are all lonely, ALL SENTIENT BEINGS. That's one of the pivotal points of Buddhism:

LONELINESS = ATTACHMENT = SUFFERING.

Namo Amitabha Buddha

:)

This is a great quote by Ajahn Chah relevant to this discussion. You guys may enjoy.

Someone commented, "I can observe desire and aversion in my mind, but it's hard to observe delusion." "You're riding on a horse and asking where the horse is !" was Ajahn Chah's reply.

Enjoy your practice.

mouse

:lol: nice, mouse

I'm fairly solitary...the loneliness bit doesnt get to me. but that ol mofo mr laziness....thaaaat bastid....

I would like to add pride, ignorance and bruised ego to my previous list :D

I have recently become aware that I have all three - one entwined with another. How beautiful it was to realise them for what they were when they arose earlier this morning :lol: I still have a beaming smile inside from the realisation.

Just as fear can help us cut through, I have found the same to be true for the bruised ego.

The thought occurred that having more of these delusions was a reason to be saddened. How wrong that thought was. I now know that to recognise them is the greater gift.

I cannot thank you enough, durkhrod chogori. This is not the first, I doubt it shall be the last, time that your input has been a great contribution to progress. May the dharma be passed from one to another in the ages to come!!

So many teachers in one place on this vast wide web of information. A jewel in the crown. If this forum has not yet been added to StumbleUpon I shall do so with great haste.

Yours in meekness,

James

Yes I know how you feel. I wish I was closer to you and look into you to tell you something about your previous karmic cycles. How long have you been meditating for??

Yes we are all lonely, ALL SENTIENT BEINGS. That's one of the pivotal points of Buddhism:

LONELINESS = ATTACHMENT = SUFFERING.

Namo Amitabha Buddha

:)

My sincere apologies that I did not see your reply earlier. Lol, I am beginning to wish you were closer to me too :) Such guidance would be immeasurable. I do have glimpses of previous existences.. particle, tree, and what even appears to be the birth of the universe (is it cyclical??).

Honestly, I can not tell you how long I have been meditating for... Contemplation seems to come to me naturally, I have practiced this since the youngest of ages. I am still young in body, but - boy, oh, boy - I do feel so very old. To give the answer that I believe you are seeking:

I have made a conscious effort to meditate for the last 4, or so, years. Alas, I cannot even claim to have stuck to one particular practoce as I find is regularly encouraged.

Yours,

James

My sincere apologies that I did not see your reply earlier. Lol, I am beginning to wish you were closer to me too :) Such guidance would be immeasurable. I do have glimpses of previous existences.. particle, tree, and what even appears to be the birth of the universe (is it cyclical??).

Native American Indian I feel... recently. :)

Honestly, I can not tell you how long I have been meditating for... Contemplation seems to come to me naturally, I have practiced this since the youngest of ages. I am still young in body, but - boy, oh, boy - I do feel so very old. To give the answer that I believe you are seeking:

I have made a conscious effort to meditate for the last 4, or so, years. Alas, I cannot even claim to have stuck to one particular practoce as I find is regularly encouraged.

Yours,

James

Just don't get too attached to siting meditation. Make sure you do heaps of grounding work so you develop power in your lower tantien. Neijia arts are the best practices you can get involved in.

Yes I know old "souls" feel that way. And this Earth is full of young ones, blind to the Dharma. A real pity!!

Keep going and never give up.

Namo Amitabha.

Native American Indian I feel... recently. :)

Just don't get too attached to siting meditation. Make sure you do heaps of grounding work so you develop power in your lower tantien. Neijia arts are the best practices you can get involved in.

Yes I know old "souls" feel that way. And this Earth is full of young ones, blind to the Dharma. A real pity!!

Keep going and never give up.

Namo Amitabha.

That would explain my love for the axe, and of camping too B) I have difficulty 'seeing' my human incarnations - I believe it's because there is much karmic exchange involved in living as a human, more so than a plant or particle.

Yes, I agree. This is something I learnt thanks to Vajrasattva's entry onto this fourm... rooting is of utmost importance.

I hope that one day we will meet for a chat over some tea.

Yours humbly,

James

First of all, read this:

http://buddhism.kalachakranet.org/delusion...loneliness.html

I have too:

1. Loneliness.

2. Laziness.

Plus attachment on top of that.

How far am I from the final goal? Very

Time left: I am 41 yrs old. Maybe another 40 yrs or more depending on karma. So....the odds are 1:2

What should I do?

Probably move my lazy attached to the world ass and get involved with more spiritual retreats instead of dwelling in the ordinary world seeking for material pleasure. I will and need to start now not tomorrow!!!!

How about you?

How much are you doing in order to break through illusory phenomena?

Is it really working?

Well, ever since I set foot on the spiritual path, I noticed I began to withdraw from my usual social activites. And since the people I live with are not yet on the path, I am feeling a bit lonely. But my teachers say the spiritual path is often lonely, so it is good if you can find a community of spiritual practitioners. There was a time when I wondered why monks and hermits would want to live a life insulated from the outside world, but now I understand.

Although I have put enlightenment as a priority in my life, I must admit I am very lazy. My practice is not consistent. I hope I can change this lol.

One day, James, one day maybe. :)

Spiritual_Aspirant,

One day you'll encounter the first of the hardest obstacles one can encounter: the dark night of the soul. It can last for years, then it will be the time for you to seek refuge in the Sangha.

The other is Mara...only someone ready to become a Buddha will overcome it.

Not an easy task to attain enlightenment.

Good luck anyway and ask for as much help as you can that we surely will have an answer to it.

Namo Amitabha.

I think a little bit of everything. Sometimes I'm proud, sometimes I'm lonely, I'm lazy (most of the time :) ) and so on...

Good thing is, I'm working on it. And the more I work on myself, the more I am aware, I feel less impact of these "curses" and they last much shorter. Sometimes when I'm having jelous thoughts I'll just catch myself and realise I'm being jelous. Automatically I realise how pointless and hurtful it is and it stops. And the more often I "catch myself" and admit it to myself, the frequency of it occuring is smaller. So I'm gaining control over my emotions and my life. It's a slow process, but at least it's in the right direction (I belive). A little meditation helps greatly. I take it slow with meditation because sometimes it opens me to some problems I'm not ready to face.

I feel like patience is the key, and the goal is in the direction, not the win or loss.