Pranaman

Choa Kok Sui

Choa Kok Sui's Site

He has books on Pranic Healing and other good meditations and information. I am going to get his book on becoming farther into oneness with your higher self. Does anyone have experience with Choa Kok Sui or his books? What would becoming one with my higher self do for me?

Choa Kok Sui's Site

He has books on Pranic Healing and other good meditations and information. I am going to get his book on becoming farther into oneness with your higher self. Does anyone have experience with Choa Kok Sui or his books? What would becoming one with my higher self do for me?

I don't know what higher self would do, but Master Choa Kok Sui was amazing. In his presence, I found that stillness would be attained effortlessly.

Choa Kok Sui's Site

My wife and I are students of Master Choa--we took classes and and met him Many times. He was and is one of the most advanced teachers of our time. Please feel free to PM me anytime if you have any questions.

Peace

Jedi777

I'm sure that Jedi777, and maybe even Vajrasattva, will give you some information.

I have a book by a student of his, Master Stephen Co, entitled 'Yours hands can heal' (or words to that effect). It's a fantastic book on pranic healing and gives you a set of exercises - ranging from qigong, body awareness, meditation and learning how to scan with your palm chakras. Funny that you seem to have brought up both Yogani and Grand Master Choa Kok Sui... they are the teachers I have settled on.

May your path continue to be blessed with great teachings,

James

[edit: looks like Jedi777 already has :)]

Edited by .broken.

Please read this:

http://www.thetaobums.com/Spiritual-ADD-t6407.html# (post 8)

Good luck finding the style that will help you settle down.

:)

i'm settled in I-chuan. no meditation besides standing, which is my favorite meditation of the ones i've tried for a few weeks. I practice everyday, and will never stop practicing everyday.

But if I want to be the most effective counselor I can be I want to be able to do more than tell people to practice I-Chuan.

Over the next twenty years I will be proficient in dowsing, yijing and tarot divination, energy healing, parkour, astrology, cooking, qigong, hypnotherapy, I-chuan, and any skill that can enhance the lifes of others, me, and my environment. Up until two months ago I wasted too much time. But one thing at I time.

I'll continue reading Bruce Frantzis' book, I think he talks about healing and how IMA is a route to that, but I also noticed he does alot of qigong now.

I wish every student had the level of motivation Pranaman does.

I have a feeling as you continue your daily practice you'll have plenty of inspiration to follow everything you lay your hand upon.

thank you. I also decided that I'm going to strictly focus on grounding, and I-chuan. If my Sifu allows me to join his other classes with no extra charge I will definitely do that, either way I think he will at least let me use the extra space during his other classes for standing. I just love how easy it is to push myself in there. It feels really cool to burn up, barely be able to walk, but feel more natural than ever.

thank you. I also decided that I'm going to strictly focus on grounding, and I-chuan. If my Sifu allows me to join his other classes with no extra charge I will definitely do that, either way I think he will at least let me use the extra space during his other classes for standing. I just love how easy it is to push myself in there. It feels really cool to burn up, barely be able to walk, but feel more natural than ever.

Pranaman,

In my lineage we hold out structure at every posture in the form. This allows us to refine the spacing of hands and inches of every body part as well as to lock into memory the correct structure.

Holding each posture allows you to slowly through active relaxation "song" all the way from the top to the bottom, part by part.

Over time, this will train your Yi (intent) and teach you to relax when force is exterted on you and still maintain your structure.

With enough time, your tendons and structure will be so strong that you'll have no issue holding your selected grounding posture for any periods of time. In the beginning you'll feel the shaking and burning etc. Just remember to relax into it. Your muscles should not ache if your posture is correct. Only the tendons burn which you can easily shake off after the drill.

Grandmaster Huang used to say that if you could sleep at night, you're not training hard enough. :o

Enjoy your practice.

mouse

I will ask my teacher more questions about this. He learned I-chuan from Master Yu Yong Nian, Wang Yu Fang, Master Li Jian Yu, and Master Po Jar Chung. He also learned Chen taijiquan from Chen Xiaowang. He also knows hsing-i, bagua, praying mantis, and other arts I'm unaware of. Possibly there is more than one way to stand correctly? Or maybe we stand the same way. My burning is in the knees, but my quads are so weak to begin with so they burn too. Also, my feet are about a leg's length apart, so it's not just regular health stance. He told me that regular health stance without the wide stance is for middle aged and old people. This isn't necessarily so, but his point was that when he was my age he did it wider, it gave him results, so he has me do it.

I will ask my teacher more questions about this. He learned I-chuan from Master Yu Yong Nian, Wang Yu Fang, Master Li Jian Yu, and Master Po Jar Chung. He also learned Chen taijiquan from Chen Xiaowang. He also knows hsing-i, bagua, praying mantis, and other arts I'm unaware of. Possibly there is more than one way to stand correctly? Or maybe we stand the same way. My burning is in the knees, but my quads are so weak to begin with so they burn too. Also, my feet are about a leg's length apart, so it's not just regular health stance. He told me that regular health stance without the wide stance is for middle aged and old people. This isn't necessarily so, but his point was that when he was my age he did it wider, it gave him results, so he has me do it.

There are many ways to stand but all the priciples must be there in order for proper rooting.

Watch the front of the video where they are doing ma bu stance. If your structure is correct, you should feel the energy bounce when you strike your thighs due to the spring of the tendons and joints.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

For taiji form, for most postures there is 1 method we use to measure the correct stance based on your body. Stand in zhan zhuang at shoulder width. Take a string and measure out a straight line between the kidney points. Then use the same distance to draw a SQUARE.

When transitioning, your feet placement will be right on any two of the four corners of the square. Again, some postures do not follow this like in repulse monkey and snake creeps down. But most are using this "square".

For other postures we have other measuring techniques but best to refer to your own teacher as he may have reasons for his own teaching methods.

For me, it works as it is the best structure for rooting. We constantly test our structure by having a partner "feed" energy into our base. If structure is wrong, both of you will know instantly. Is good practice for both as you are spreading your awarness out into your partner feeling for weaknesses in his/her frame.

Enjoy your practice.

mouse