Sign in to follow this  
Pranaman

Yogani

effective, organized, and free! Even if Hinduism isn't one's preferred path, reading the online book is highly recommended. They have a great forum too!

A great read and some solid practices.

I have three of the books: Deep meditation, Spinal breathing pranayama and Asanas, Mudras & Bandhas. I practice all those daily and my progress, imo, has been continuous.

Look into it if it interests you, but beware of overloading your practice routine. If your heart hasn't settled on what you currently do then I couldn't recommend this highly enough - and even if it has it could give you some new perspective.

Yours humbly,

James

I have been practicing this system for about two years and I can not express it in words how much I LOVE it. Yogani has done a excellent job and he is giving it away freely without any hold backs!!!

Thanks Yogani!!!

advancedyogapractices.com is the home page and you can click on the lessons from there. They are labelled so you can go to the fun ones if you prefer! Yogani is da man!

wow, i'm simply highly impressed with the fact that no one talked him or his work down to dirt. simply amazing. I'll see if his meditations will help me in my life right now.

He doesn't give his identity so he has no crazy past to dig up... That's a bit of an unfair advantage imo! :lol:

I suspect a TM or SRF background. He's very disciplined in what he says and how he says it... so no negatives are really possible.

To the best of my knowledge, *nobody* has unpacked the mainstream Hindu Yoga tradition like he has. Even if Hindu yoga isn't one's bag, it's still a great read.

I love advanced yoga practices! I just started my first mantra enhancement and that thing is so powerful its amazing- one or two minutes of it and it feels like I've had a lobotomy (and I mean that in the best possible way- the mind/internal dialogue crashes to a halt) for the rest of the evening. I have experimented with many things over the years and I think that Advanced yoga practices are one of the best things out there, and how amazing is it that its essentially free? God bless Yogani.

He doesn't give his identity so he has no crazy past to dig up... That's a bit of an unfair advantage imo! :lol:

pretty cool, right?

he could easily become the biggest cult leader in the country if he wanted to, but he's not in it for that.

his system isn't really my style, but i appreciate its effectiveness & i admire his integrity.

Namaste Phore,

"has anyone had any experience with the practice of samyama"

I have a pretty solid base in samyama although there are weeks when I have to cut it from my practice set as it can push me over the "overload" edge. What exactly would you like to know? The lesson for samyama is here:http://www.aypsite.org/150.html

Love,

Carson :D

Edited by CarsonZi

Guest sykkelpump

Yes I highly recommand Yogani.I have been doing samyama recently after meditation.It reminds me of the effect of the white skeleton meditation.Only easier to perform.Anybody else noticed that?

Namaste Sykkelpump and All,

Samyama is basically a "passive" form of prayer. The idea is to briefly touch the idea/feeling asociated with one of the 9 sutras (love, radiance, unity, health, strength, abundance, wisdom, inner sensuality, & akasha {lightness of air}) and then release it into stillness. It is an act of surrender to God/What Is. Basically like saying, "I have my ideas of what "Love" (for example, works the same with each sutra) is, what it means to me, etc etc, but right now I am going to release all that and let go of what I feel Love is and just give it up to God. It is an active form of surrender and a passive form of prayer.

Can't comment much on the White Skeleton meditation as it seems you need to purchase a book to learn it, (AYP is free....shouldn't everything spiritual be so? wink wink) but perhaps it is similar to "cosmic samyama" or "Yoga Nidra" which is a version of AYP samayama?

Love,

Carson :D

Edited by CarsonZi

Sign in to follow this