Sign in to follow this  
Pranaman

practice for happy living?

I'm about to buy some books to read, i was wondering if anyone knew of a book that contains some qigong or yogic practices for uplifting yourself into a happier state for the day? or something to just highten the frequency to a better frequency? I'm just looking to be more steadily happy is all, and a good read.

For me the inner smile is wery good to achive happiness! :)

But not know a special good read about it. Perhaps Michael Winn that have a free e.book or article about it, I think an article.

F D

Healing Tao calls it 'the inner smile.'

Shaolin Wahnam calls it 'smile from the heart.'

you don't need a book for it. you just start doing it and it will become automatic.

i do this in addition to counting my blessings every day. i start my day by thinking of all the people, circumstances, and things in my life for which i'm grateful, and i smile from the heart as i whisper 'thank you' to each and every one of them. this is a very easy, very straigt-forward way to cultivate happiness and gratitude.

there can be no happy living without gratitude. no book necessary. that's really all you have to do.

:lol:

Yeah Hundun,

Thanks for the reminder. :)

This is something I had been meaning to do every morning, and had forgotten all about it.

I also find it helps me to think of anyone I am having problems with, not outward conflicts, but unresolved emotional feelings toward, and try to turn it into something more positive. To see something good in what I seem to have a problem with. Do that enough times, and it's not too long before you see the positive things, and the negative is no longer in view.

Great timing Hundun as this is something I need to work on right now with someone at work.

Sign in to follow this