Sign in to follow this  
sunshine

Anbyody knowing this...?

That's Gary Clyman. His body shape looks like he has some development, and the martial stories about him are impressive. But he has the most loud annoying childish temperament of anyone I've seen. I bought one of his videos some years back (all of his products are $pricey!$), and I couldn't stand to watch more than 1/3 of the way through. His personality is that bad. I threw out the video.

That's Gary Clyman.  His body shape looks like he has some development, and the martial stories about him are impressive.  But he has the most loud annoying childish temperament of anyone I've seen.  I bought one of his videos some years back (all of his products are $pricey!$), and I couldn't stand to watch more than 1/3 of the way through.  His personality is that bad.  I threw out the video.

5086[/snapback]

not to mention the childish mine is bigger than yours in the first paragraph of his home page...

(Practicing since 1974. Treating since 1976. On-line since 1995.) Don't waste your time with any other Chi Kung. Mine is the best! GJC

not to mention the childish mine is bigger than yours in the first paragraph of his home page...

"... Don't waste your time with any other Chi Kung. Mine is the best! GJC"

5087[/snapback]

:lol:

Yeah, and that's just the tip of the iceburg with this guy. He goes beyond beyond, and just keeps on going.

He had a hilarious promo video on his site some years ago (maybe still there?). He was promoting his qi gong services with 10 times the vigor and a fraction of the class of a used car salesman. I showed it to my teacher at the time (who is a very funny guy), and we laughed our asses off. It was like an SNL take-off on a qi gong ad. Astonishing that it was really an ad in earnest.

Wow. This is the first guy I think I've just railed away at re: character online.

I don't like this guy. Dat's a fact, Jack. B)

That's Gary Clyman.  His body shape looks like he has some development, and the martial stories about him are impressive.  But he has the most loud annoying childish temperament of anyone I've seen.  I bought one of his videos some years back (all of his products are $pricey!$), and I couldn't stand to watch more than 1/3 of the way through.  His personality is that bad.  I threw out the video.

5086[/snapback]

Damn. You really threw that video away??? I wished you had kept it for me... damn...

:angry::D:rolleyes:

Harry

• Like 1

About 4 years ago I was on some martial arts site reading through some of the posts when I spotted one that caught my attention. It was from a guy who had seen Gary at a martial arts convention which was attended by many notables of the trade. Gary, who's always trying to test his martial mettle walks up to no less than Grandmaster Pan Qing-Fu, the most renowned iron fist practitioner in the world, the iron fist himself, and asks him to punch him in the stomach - FULL FORCE. Master Pan of course politely declined saying that if he did so Gary would suffer serious internal damage. The guy went on the say that Gary pestered Master Pan for awhile before finally giving up. Now THAT'S brash.

Also, not long ago, I was in contact with a guy who told me that when he questioned Gary about his course, and it's pricey pricetag, Gary got angry and called the guy a loser. How's that for rudeness?

Sometimes being brash works - usually not. It was ok when I first met my first Hung Gar teacher -Grand Master Bill Chung...I was actually drunk and pretty cocky- he liked it. We got along fine. But asking a Master to hit you full force is just stupid!

Once when driving up to Cape Cod for some work-outs and a change of scene ... Some one asked GMC to show some iron palm technique.

He concentrated and made a kind of grunt/squeek and his hand was HOT it radiated heat and a fierce sort of tremor. He told Sandy who's car he was in to pull over so he could hit something and release the energy.

Sandy suggested he hit the dashboard of his BMW, thinking/saying that it could take a hit...

It appeared as if Master Chung just "tapped" the dash board with the palm of his hand -and the metal just crumpled as if paper.

Messing with that sort of concentrated energy is pretty foolish to toy with., or ask for it to be directed against yourself...

Sign in to follow this