Pranaman

sacral chakra overactivity

this is funny. I've been without a girlfriend for a month now. my energy has been reserved. There are way more extremely hot girls around me all the time now. It never was like this when i was with my ex. My balls heat up and feelings shoot my chest. The power of attraction is almost scary. Seeing really hot women makes me think that polygamy is counter productive to achieving a peaceful mind and long life. I'm reaching for my hundreds. Any insight?

There are some daoist schools that say that when the lustful thought enters your mind the jing is transformed. Something to think about.

Also in another thread I thought someone mentioned you were young, 19 or something? You should spend time standing with your tailbone/sacrum lifted back so there is a pronounced inward curve in your lumbar spine, this will close off mingmen point and rather than building up the yang flame it will instead build up the yin side and will actually focus your body towards converting jing to qi which should build up in your dantian. Your jing should be fairly good at your age and theoretically this will help to calm down your desires.

Basically try doing a low horse stance with buttocks sticking back out and hold for as long as you can.

buttocks back seems counterproductive since my teacher says to curve tailbone forward and lengthen the spine in horse stance. But for my particular goal?

Edited by Pranaman

The real truth is if your tailbone... or your spine for that matter is healthy... in good shape there should be no problem to move it any which way... of course the horse stances dynamics will change slightly and have different rules because weight it changed and you must compensate.

But the goal of conditioning to lengthening the spine is for health benefits. The goal of conditioning the body to tucking the tail bone forward is for martial benefits. Conditioning the body to move it in any direction with ease is purely, a show of good optimum healthiness.

Side discussion: Some consider that if there is not a medical use for it, and just for show theres no point. Wushu is just for show... and as much as i like traditional martial arts way way more than Wushu. Weather its Wushu or traditional martial arts or yoga, or whatever it may be through exercising and having good ability in strength (also can be seen as energy) and flexibility (also can be seen as relaxation) and endurance(also can be seen as patience or persevering) might be beyond medical purposes because your healthy. My only retort to that is why stop at only warding off pain. when pain is gone, and only practicing when it comes back. I certainly would not stop only at warding off pain, I would eradicate any reason for that pain or medical issue.

P.S. In all martial arts, in all medical practices (what comes to mind is medical qigong) and spirituality practices it all works upon making your health better.

I was talking to two martial artist... one a assistant teacher and another one a teacher for many years. (Now i'm not saying i know more than them) But they told me that they didn't do any medical practices. They practice for fighting, Martial practices. I than told them to be a good fighter you must strengthen your organs you must strengthen your channels you must do the healing process on yourself if you are to be a fighter.

This is the same with medical practices.

This is the same with spiritual practices.

Dispite what other people tell you this is the truth.

I personally translate the following:

Medical practices = Being a Healer

Martial practices (although you have to heal yourself) = Fighting

Spiritual practices = Growth

my teacher doesn't really talk very much. He does qigong and knows bagua, taiji, hsing-I, I-Chuan, Praying Mantis. So I imagine he is teaching physical healing, spiritual growth, and fighting applications. He mentions Chi here and there, but rarely. When he was talking about standing to this girl, and I and someone else was in the middle of it. We were sweating, heating up, tremoring, you know, that state. He asked her if we looked like we were enjoying the beauty of our chi. Obviously we did not. Hearing things like this every once in a while makes me believe his approach is holistic.

Pranaman, i think you misunderstood what i was saying. I was telling you thats what he teaches. If he is infact a martial artist (which you said he is... so thus he has to be) he teaches all that. All that is happening. Weather your actually aware of those exact things happening is a different story and there food for thought when you practice... actually i think good pieces of food for thought.

Through practice can you understand things... but it takes lots of work and practice until your understanding of something starts to develop. He shouldn't have to talk you will learn these things.

Its like reading a book.

My martial arts teacher once asked me why i was spending so much time reading a fictional book. You don't learn things from a book. You learn things through experience. I looked at him. I didn't like the tone he said that comment to me. I stepped back I thought for a second or two. I came back and said to him I read to try and understand how to explain something better in words things i've already experienced. To understand better what is happening so I can better explain it to others.

In martial arts when you fight enough people using one technique and in different situations learn how and when and why to use its variations of the technique you start to learn what feels to me like the art of this... how many fights do you think you have to be in to understand this... If you have a trustworthy practice partner you can conceptionalize these things through working your mind to try and figure these things out. Someone that has mastered a technique means that they mastered the art of one variation... lets say they mastered all the variations. They can explain it like no other. They can also do it like no other and teach it like no other. Wonder why Masters are called masters... although in modern days they call masters that aren't anywhere close to being real masters, oh well its a title now. This is similar to reading a book about experiences you've had but didn't fully understand it to explain it well into words... you learn and realize stuff from it.

Crazy thing when I told my teacher this. He smiled at me. Only later after this i went home from practice it dawned on me he was completely and totally BSing me the whole way and I basically explained it to him... reading from a book is what got me to think about experiences i had on my OWN and helped me understand it better. The book just was the trigger to help get me to think about it. Experiences that i had in the past... meant i was learning stuff through practicing before. Basically my teacher was BSing me and i broke through the BS. I only realized it after i came home from practice.

Practice your I-chuan. It will reveal the connective threads between healing and martial art.

We were sweating, heating up, tremoring, you know, that state. He asked her if we looked like we were enjoying the beauty of our chi. Obviously we did not. Hearing things like this every once in a while makes me believe his approach is holistic.

Poetry to my ears. Keep it up. Nice class observations.

this is funny. I've been without a girlfriend for a month now. my energy has been reserved. There are way more extremely hot girls around me all the time now. It never was like this when i was with my ex. My balls heat up and feelings shoot my chest. The power of attraction is almost scary. Seeing really hot women makes me think that polygamy is counter productive to achieving a peaceful mind and long life. I'm reaching for my hundreds. Any insight?

It all depends on whether you think retaining.semen helps prolong, and slow down the aging process. The texts tell us that many Daoists - if not all - believed this to be the case, perhaps some other groups too. Never met one, so I cannot tell you for sure. What I have been told, I know; what I have experienced, I feel. And I haven't felt this to be true yet.

Some people live to 100 with whisky and cigars in their diet. See this.

To lead a long life requires conservation of energy and meditation certainly helps with this (as, arguably, does semen retention). Meditation teaches us not to attach to our thoughts, to sit strong like a mountain watching the clouds of thoughts go by. You will find that although you are attracted to these ladies, the attraction is just a thought.

Let silence guide you.

Yours humbly,

James

Edited by .broken.

Getting laid is nice. At your age the only thing you should be overly concerned with is making sure you use a condom.

;)

Best,

Mike

Y'know, I really wish I had been able to hear things like this when I was struggling to reserve jing at 22 to 24 or so.

Grateful am I for not having heard such.

Edited by xenolith

I have said this before but I'll repeat it as it is important. According to what I've read a man can ejaculate as much as he wants until about the age of thirty / thirty-five. After middle age a man should start preserving his jing. Self cultivation is not restricted by age yet the more esoteric aspects are only revealed once a degree of spiritual maturity is attained to.

With all respect, it is one thing to have read something ("According to what I've read"), and another to actually know something. People read and write all sorts of things, even in books, not all of it should be trusted.

To suggest that any male can "ejaculate as much as he wants until about the age of thirty / thirty-five" is very misleading and potentially harmful advice. Generalisations of this nature cannot be relied apon as males have varying degrees of 'credit in the bank'. Some people have abundant yuen qi, others comparitively little.

On the physical level, though some people recover sooner than others post ejaculation, the fact remains that it is a loss - the essential substance of which cannot be retrieved or restored, only partially and incompletely substituted. That is just to touch on the physical side.

So much of what we call natural is just deep habit. The sooner/younger one can understand that ejaculation is the result of a deeply ingrained habit of projection & desire over many lives, the better.

Outflows, of which ejaculation is one of the most depleting, (like a bucket with holes in it) are one of the impediments to true understanding, wisdom and attainment of the way.

If the essential substance that is lost through ejaculation can be refined by purity of mind, then it can help us become wiser by nourishing the body and brain.

Im not saying there's anything 'wrong' about ejaculation, it just needs to be understood in terms of it's actual causes and origination.

If one can see this, then this precious substance which forms the bases of this bodily vessle will be respected and not wasted on old habits - however 'natural' they seem.

Edited by mat black

According to what I've read a man can ejaculate as much as he wants until about the age of thirty / thirty-five. After middle age a man should start preserving his jing.

"Saving / spending" is close enough to the truth to be interesting, but far enough away to be terribly mis-leading. It's about transforming jing, not simply saving it. If enough of your subtle machinery is active in the right ways, then jing will be refined and stabilized - and you'll just naturally have greater storage capacity. But if you try and "save" without having your alchemy actually happening then you're just saving trouble and will hurt yourself.

Trying to force things beyond what your alchemy is actually ready for is a recipe for harm. Plenty of aspiring alchemists end up damaging their health and sex lives. Plenty of people who never take up alchemical sex lead happy, healthy normal lives.

It's a tricky road, and takes some finesse, discernment towards "the middle way". Look towards your own harmony.

Trunk

p.s.

Also, as others have already said, reckless over-spending is not a good thing.

p.p.s.

The whole issue becomes more compelling after initiation, whether it has happened formally or spontaneously. Once you've been dunked and soaked in the inspirational states, then your whole body wants that - all the way through... and the spiritual ~ sexual nexus often becomes an intense conundrum (especially for us males).

Edited by Trunk

celebacy -> lust -> sex -> ejaculation

celebacy conserves jing and chi

lust burns mostly jing and little chi

sex burns mostly jing and lots of chi

ejaculation totally burns jing and chi together.

Jing is the fuel for chi. Jing=Kundalini ; Chi = Prana

"Whom soever looks at a woman to have lust for her has already committed fornication in his heart." Metaphysically, the heart is the fire organ in the Wu Xing 5 element system. You are burning your life force. But But who wants a long life without sex!>!?!

celebacy -> lust -> sex -> ejaculation

celebacy conserves jing and chi

lust burns mostly jing and little chi

sex burns mostly jing and lots of chi

ejaculation totally burns jing and chi together.

Jing is the fuel for chi. Jing=Kundalini ; Chi = Prana

"Whom soever looks at a woman to have lust for her has already committed fornication in his heart." Metaphysically, the heart is the fire organ in the Wu Xing 5 element system. You are burning your life force. But But who wants a long life without sex!>!?!

Err, No!

Look towards your own harmony.

The body is a musical instrument. Tune. Play Songs. Attune. Play Jazz.

The whole issue becomes more compelling after initiation, whether it has happened formally or spontaneously. Once you've been dunked and soaked in the inspirational states, then your whole body wants that - all the way through... and the spiritual ~ sexual nexus often becomes an intense conundrum (especially for us males).

This is the preliminary state to seek. It is ungrasping. It is brief and epic for many people. Isolated to the drama of life playing out externally. The mountain top. The concert. A worship service. A story teller. Drama playing out. It is experienced w/ religious fervor by the hermetic (performer) and follower (groupie) alike.

When this state of flux (it is a field to cultivate) is experienced other states of consciousness previously known may seem "less than" yet even in the everyday moment there are little nothings that reveal the unseen. Seeking teachers and guides proves itself with advancement on the path. Addressing past mistakes with renewed aim. Time is not wasted but is a neccessity for our passage one breath at a time. Aim past the ups and downs, see beyond your opponent, look beyond yourself.

There are wedges (shortcuts) that bridge the melancolic net. Everyone has ups and downs. There are perhaps not reasons, but more appropriately (non-dualistic) foundations and motivations that we push against and reach for while we are learning. Old patterns naturally drop away as new ones are learned (and practiced).

Sensory deprivation proves useful in creating a feedback loop in which illusions are made to manifest, be they mental emotional physical trauma or safety patterns, will be (if you continue) dispelled using practical (practice) wedges to guide, redirect, interrupt or trick attention/intent. A physical training regime is a must to compliment spiritual cultivation through the natural ebb and flow of S. energy. The initial phases of internal training should occur in tandom w/ physical practice.

As the body is tuned into its physical environment a repose is centered between absolute movement and absolute stillness, creating a suitable environment for supra-physical (spiritual) cultivation.

Edited by Spectrum