Patrick Brown

Have you gotten your Tibetan flag out yet?

I'll be hanging mine from the front window throughout the Olympics. There's a lot of support for Tibet from the UK and yesterday a Brit climbed up this pole (see pic below) to hang a protest banner and was of course subsequently arrested. I'm sure the protester will be fine as China are putting on their nicely nicey face. Hmm when has brainwashing been any different to religion? Err no don't get a job, don't get married and please, whatever you do, don't breed. That last comment is for the whole world and not just China.

You will often find that people who don't like the truth are living a lie.

Revelation 22:14/15

Blessed are they that do his commandments, that they may have right to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city. For without are dogs, and sorcerers, and whoremongers, and murderers, and idolaters, and whosoever loveth and maketh a lie.

No of course I'm not religious I'm just not stupid. All things run in cycles and the cycle is the movement of the great gateway. Therefore moving to heaven is the eternal movement through the gateway towards peace and bliss. This is the way.

_44895887_ae8373e8-3b69-401e-ba0a-005c42774052.jpg

Edited by Patrick Brown

You will often find that people who don't like the truth are living a lie.

Since this site is about Taoism, and Taoism is about the transcendent oneness that contains all complementary opposites, please define your conceptualizations of the absolute reality in which we all live, move, and have our being!

In the light of your statement above, and in the context of Tibet/ Olympics/ China/ ten thousand things 'maya',.. so that one can understand what you mean by it under Taoist teaching, please elaborate.

1. What are you?

2. Who are you?

3. What and who are people?

4. What is the truth?

5. What is life that is being lived?

6. What is the the lie?

"True understanding does not only understand understanding, it also understands not-understanding, if you claim to understand anything, then you just don't understand!"...... Bodhidharma

I wrote a machiavellian flavored political essay about the ineffectual leadership of the dalai lama, and basically expressed condemnation for the whole of the situation-- mainly for the poor tibetans.

Buddhist theology absolutely cannot adapt to political strife. -When tibetans rebel despite buddhist theology, and against the word of the dalai lama, (who ahs threatened to abandon his position!?) they appear as fools and hypocrits. They are trapped in their traditions, culture, and religion, and do not flow with the flux of Tao.

This dogmatic rigidity is primarily responsible for the failure of the tibetan state. In my opinion.

When there is resistance, surely nothing good can come of it.

So what's your point? Oh you mean modern society is such a great model that everybody should embrace it? So are you hoping that China will one day become demonic, oops sorry, I meant democratic?

If the people of china were able to be truly democratic, not in the current American sense, in the "what the US founders wanted", i.e. the people actually having a choice about their government, sense? Yeah, that is something anyone should hope for.

Edited by Taoist81

whoa, hey now, relax man. :mellow:

I made a few points in my comment. On the whole, though, the point of the comment.. was in making the comment itself. ...Which consists of a few points that I wanted to share, and thought that others might find interesting.

The 'points' that you were assuming I was leading to, I assure you, are purely of your own creation.

Obviously there is something wrong with you? -that you let your imagination run off on you like that, in such a negative direction? -And then bad-mouthing others?

Take a deep breath, man.

I wrote a machiavellian flavored political essay about the ineffectual leadership of the dalai lama, and basically expressed condemnation for the whole of the situation-- mainly for the poor tibetans.

Buddhist theology absolutely cannot adapt to political strife. -When tibetans rebel despite buddhist theology, and against the word of the dalai lama, (who ahs threatened to abandon his position!?) they appear as fools and hypocrits. They are trapped in their traditions, culture, and religion, and do not flow with the flux of Tao.

This dogmatic rigidity is primarily responsible for the failure of the tibetan state. In my opinion.

When there is resistance, surely nothing good can come of it.

Idiot?

whoa, hey now, relax man. :mellow:

I made a few points in my comment. On the whole, though, the point of the comment.. was in making the comment itself. ...Which consists of a few points that I wanted to share, and thought that others might find interesting.

The 'points' that you were assuming I was leading to, I assure you, are purely of your own creation.

Obviously there is something wrong with you? -that you let your imagination run off on you like that, in such a negative direction? -And then bad-mouthing others?

Take a deep breath, man.

Idiot?

My Tibetan Yungdrung Bon flag is always out. :) You know, Tibetan Buddhism hijacked this one, the earlier Tibetan spirituality, but that's OK -- Yungdrung Bon did the same thing earlier -- it also hijacked Tibet, coming from a land that no longer exists, Zhang-Zhung, part of which is now part of western Tibet. It used to be a huge country, and enlightened Yungdrung Bon teachers from this land went everywhere spreading their teachings -- and they went to Tibet too, which had none at the time and was known as The Dark Land. That was 3,000 years ago. Looks like Tibet is no stranger to change...

The originator of Yungdrung Bon, Tonpa Shenrab Miwoche, most folks here probably haven't even heard about -- but the Bon people maintain that Sakyamuni who brought Buddhism from India later, whom they call Tonpa Shakyamuni, was Tonpa Shenrab Miwoche's reincarnation, is all he was. I wonder whose reincarnation Mao Zedong might transpire into a thousand years from now... :o

• Thanks 1

My Tibetan Yungdrung Bon flag is always out. :) You know, Tibetan Buddhism hijacked this one, the earlier Tibetan spirituality, but that's OK -- Yungdrung Bon did the same thing earlier -- it also hijacked Tibet, coming from a land that no longer exists, Zhang-Zhung, part of which is now part of western Tibet. It used to be a huge country, and enlightened Yungdrung Bon teachers from this land went everywhere spreading their teachings -- and they went to Tibet too, which had none at the time and was known as The Dark Land. That was 3,000 years ago. Looks like Tibet is no stranger to change...

The originator of Yungdrung Bon, Tonpa Shenrab Miwoche, most folks here probably haven't even heard about -- but the Bon people maintain that Sakyamuni who brought Buddhism from India later, whom they call Tonpa Shakyamuni, was Tonpa Shenrab Miwoche's reincarnation, is all he was. I wonder whose reincarnation Mao Zedong might transpire into a thousand years from now... :o

The "hijacking" went both ways. Many consider Bon as the 5th school of Tibetan Buddhism (including the Dalai Lama), though the Bonpos disagree in a way, saying it's Bon and not Buddhism, which is completely fine, but the methods are pretty much the same. They have refuge in the 3 jewels, except that the Buddha is not Shakyamuni but Shenrab Miwoche, they have bodhicitta, sutra, tantra and dzogchen etc. Bon leads to Buddhahood. To me the difference is more or less the same as the differences between Nyingma, Kagyu, Gelug and Sakya.

And so certainly I find it pointless to use words like hijacking or stealing which only enforce sectarian views.

No disagreement there. The Chinese CP has done a much better job of handling their finances than the Soviets did, coupled with their ability to control information (including Google!) there isn't likely to be the will to change anything anytime soon. Of course, there are also always worse places to live.

These bring up very good points. You are quite right that the current US administration preaches "democracy is the only good!" then don't bother pointing out that the only "strong" democracies are those in which the people chose democracy. You can't force freedom and choice on someone. People in a particular nation should choose for themselves what kind of government they want, not some group of business men or military groups in another country.

Russia is a democracy now.

But how come the US no longer reports on them and what a "great improvement" that's been? :lol:

Also, where has our "democracy" (oligarchy) gotten us, in reality? $10 trillion in debt...as opposed to China, which now has a surplus of money. Maybe China should start chiding us for our fiscal irresponsibility, living waaayyyy beyond our means and starting wars to force people to value and use our fiat Monopoly money?

That said, I'm all for freedom of thought, speech and smart, benevolent leadership. Unfortunately, that freedom can also be abused by mass psychologists to brainwash the mass sheeple...just as despotic regimes can abuse their authority to silence dissenters. The end result then is similar - a hypnotized, ignorant public.