Sign in to follow this  
Sunya

those who traveled to China or India

yo fellas.

i'm studying abroad this year. doing my first semester Aug 15- Dec 15- in Bangalore, India. .and will have time to travel for a month or two before I fly over to Nanjing, China to study at Nanjing University for the 2nd semester. Feb 8 - May 31st

for those who traveled to either country, what were your thoughts? where do you suggest I travel to and must see? beautiful sights? historic places?

any particular advice from experience?

as for spiritual trips, while i'm interested in seeing the historic beautiful and cultural spots.. i'm moreso interested in spiritual places that hold value. any thoughts would be appreciated. for instance Bodhgaya in India where Buddha obtained enlightenment is a place I def must make pilgrimage to.

Dharamsala would also be a place I'd particularly like to visit.. but its in north India and going there in December/January would be mighty cold wouldn't it?

as for China, i don't particularly know about the spiritual places to go to

Edited by mikaelz

yo fellas.

i'm studying abroad this year. doing my first semester Aug 15- Dec 15- in Bangalore, India. .and will have time to travel for a month or two before I fly over to Nanjing, China to study at Nanjing University for the 2nd semester. Feb 8 - May 31st

for those who traveled to either country, what were your thoughts? where do you suggest I travel to and must see? beautiful sights? historic places?

any particular advice from experience?

as for spiritual trips, while i'm interested in seeing the historic beautiful and cultural spots.. i'm moreso interested in spiritual places that hold value. any thoughts would be appreciated. for instance Bodhgaya in India where Buddha obtained enlightenment is a place I def must make pilgrimage to.

Dharamsala would also be a place I'd particularly like to visit.. but its in north India and going there in December/January would be mighty cold wouldn't it?

as for China, i don't particularly know about the spiritual places to go to

Dharamshala will be awfully cold in winter and there could be landslides and stuff at times. Also, you should check if it is safe as sometimes terrorist activities render such places difficult to access. What is your chief interest in India? Yoga [Hatha, Raja, Kriya etc.], Tantra, Bhakti, Vaishnavism, Shaivism, Shakta, Advaita etc.? Based on that I may be able to suggest places.... :)

Bangalore is my hometown by the way, though I haven't lived there for ages now ...get used to bad traffic jams brother! :blink:

Edited by SiliconValley

shaolin temple, wudang, hua shan, wu tai shan, lo for shan, omie shan all very spiritual places there are so many places in china that is spiritual its what you are looking for to connect to your spiritual path!

Ive demo'd at shaolin temple for the monks a few times but its very touristy but the place is very nice and connects to me as i also come from Shaolin Lineage.

best of luck over there and take heaps of pics and post them huh?

WYG

From my limited travels in China, Heibei province, and especially the non-maintained part of the Great Wall, in the mountains holds many gems, and maybe the occasional hermit.

h

Sign in to follow this