billb

Any good practices to strengthen kidney yang?

I have a chronic kidney nephritis and I have just started seeing an acupuncturist. My kidney yang is weak and I would like to know if anyone knows of any practices to strengthen it. I have just started kunlun but I don't know if it will work on this directly.

try rooted /tai-chi walking.

First, root yourself into the ground up to your dan tien. Then start walking, while trying to maintain that 'rootedness' in every step. Each step you will feel at an almost tantric level, and energy rising up into your dan tien.

anyways, i think I just heard once that something like this might help with kidney yang deficiency. 5 elements might help. your acupuncturist should know best..??? doesn't he know qigong??

Bill,

Sorry you not well, i would also try Chinese Medicine as well some core body exercises together with Meridian Stretching and deep breathing. I have some Traditional Kung fu formulas for strengthening the Chi which works on building the Kidneys. Its a soup or you can make it into a tea, ill look for them if you are near a herbalist you may want to see the chinese doctor and get diagnosed by him as you may have other issues that need to be sorted out. That being said if its true about Kunlun how it opens up the 72,000 nadis then that would be idea type of chi adjustment exercises too.

good luck let us know how you start and what methods you use to get better?

regards

WYG

Well moxibustion & accupressure are simple and very effective means of helpling to help yourself.Consult with acupuncturist and get him to show you some points that will aid in boosting your kidney yang.Also pre made chinese herbal formulas such as you gui wan and also ba ji yin yang wan were specifically developed to boost kidney yang.

Even such simple exercise as rapidly rubbing your palms together and rubbing your kidneys up and down thirty six times will aid in blood and chi flow.

Best of luck

I do a Chi Gung called Nourishing the Kidneys from the book The Art of Chi Kung by Wong Kiew Kit. I've only been practicing it 2x a day for a month, fun but nothing that special to report yet. I'm trying it out for 3 months to see what happens.

You can access Wong Kiew Kit various web sights from http://shaolin.org

"Nourishing Kidneys", as its name will tell, is an excellent chi kung exercise that will strengthen the kidneys. Stand upright with your feet close together and be relaxed. Smile from the heart. Bend your body forward, without bending your legs, to touch your toes. If you cannot touch your toes, then bend as far down as possible.

Slowly raise your body to stand upright and simultaneously breathe in gently through your nose. Place your palms behind on your kidneys, bend backward slightly, look up at the sky, and gently bite your teeth together. Hold this position for a few seconds. Then stand upright again and drop your hands at your side, simultaneously breathing out gently through your mouth. Then stand upright for one or two seconds. Repeat the exercise.about 10 to 20 times. Practice once in the morning and another time in the evening or at night.

Rubbing the palms together is a good one too. Hope you feel better soon.