Sign in to follow this  
genmaicha

Increasing pregnancy chance via retention?

Hi,

a friend of mine had told me that the longer one does not ejaculate the better the quality of the semen and the higher the chance for pregnancy.

What do you think of this?

Another friend is trying to have their second child and have had no luck so far. Do you recommend the above suggestion or anything else besides invitro? They are both end-thirties.

Hi,

a friend of mine had told me that the longer one does not ejaculate the better the quality of the semen and the higher the chance for pregnancy.

What do you think of this?

Another friend is trying to have their second child and have had no luck so far. Do you recommend the above suggestion or anything else besides invitro? They are both end-thirties.

My understanding is that that was one of the original reasons for retention. Modern science seems to validate this theory, as the argument is that if you have sex too often the percentage of sperm decreases. I also understand that there is a synergistic element to breaking down the barriers of the human egg (that is only one sperm is need to fertilize the egg, but many sperm are needed to break the barrier and allow that one individual to get through.) As I recall, the problem was that the Emperor had so many concubines that he was having sex so often that his sperm count had dropped to the point where he couldn't produce an heir. (Having sex often was considered a way of living a long life at one time. This seems to be validated by modern science---men who have sex a lot tend to have more testoterone, which makes them more vital, and, they have a lower chance of getting prostate cancer.)

Is your friend sure she wants to get pregnant? Maybe the universe is saying to her that it is not her path.

Very interesting.

At least she says that she wants to get pregnant. However, I don't know her that well to be able to tell if she really means it.

Retention will not improve sperm quality in and of itself. However, it has been shown that the more time there is between sex with one particular woman increases the amount of sperm the man's ejaculate will contain. It is evolution at its finest. TCM for fertility has become a huge market though if you want to advise that, it actually can improve sperm quality.

Sign in to follow this