Sign in to follow this  
Yoda

Taobums Runners Club

I've been meaning to start a runners club on taobums, so this thread can be the HQ for any specifically running related thoughts.

The basic theory here is that the human body has evolved to function optimally when it is physically active. Running and walking are great ways to correct for today's indoor, sedentary lifestyle. Not too easy that it's boring, but not too hard that it isn't sustainable... it's the perfect groove.

Running is great for processing raw energy from other practices such as sexual chikung, standing, and sungazing. Other practices such as visualizations and affirmations can be done with greater effect during the intensified pranayama and connection to the earth experienced during a run.

I'm certain that most taobums have had a go at running in the past. With the many lessons learned from chikung plus modern training principles, I'm confident that we can take this puppy to the next level.

-Yoda

I just meant that running is a great way to get your daily pranayama in. Also, it's easy to do breathing imagery exercises like breathing through the feet, balls, macro/microcosmic breathing, color visualizations, smiling practice, etc.

-Yoda

HAVE BEEN RUNNIN LIKE A RABIT AS-O-RECENTLY, WEL, I BUILT UP MINE MILEAGE UP TWO 2 HOURS O MOUNTAIN RUNNIN UP N DOWN GRIFITH PARK N THANGS, HOW-EVER, I FIND THAT TOO MUCH RUNNIN BE DEPPLETIN TOO MUCH.

WHAT HAPEN BE, I LOSE WEIGHT N I GET TOO STIF TO DO THAI BOXE N THANGS.

DA POSITIVE THANG BE, MINE STAMMINA SKY-ROCKET N I NOW DONT RUN OUTTA BREATH EVEN WITH A FEW PRO BOXERS AT DA GYM.

BUT MINE LEGS BE REAL STIF, PLUS I GOT SO SKINY THAT PEOPL THINK ME BE IN MINE 20'S WHICH BE UNTRUE. OF COURSE MINE SALAMI BE STIL REAL BULKY PLUS I BOUGHT MINESELF A NEW link deleted SO NO WORIES.

ALSO RUNNIN UP DA MOUNTAIN I HAVE A SLIGHT INFLAMATION O DA TIBIALIS ANTERIOR TENDON SHEAT SO NOW AM GONA TAKE A WEEK BRAKE N CUT DOWN DA MILEAGE TIL DA TENDON HEAL, ALSO HELP MASAGIN IT WITH CASTOR OIL N CLAY PLASTERS.

ALSO WHILE RUNIN MAKE SURE YA KEEP AWATE O YER HOLE BODY NOT JUST A BODY PART, ALSO MAKE SURE YA FIX ZYER EYESITE ON DA DISTANT SPOT WHERE YA BE AIMMIN AT, DONT LET YER EYESITE WANDER AIM-LESS-LY.

PLUS DO ALSO MACCROCOSMIC. ANNOTHER GREAT ADITION BE DOIN SHADDOW-BOXIN WHILE RUNNIN, BUT THEN YALL GO MORE SLOWER.

BYE NOW

I usually let my eyes wander aimlessly. I'll check out focusing on a destination point.

2 hours a day--killer!

-Yoda

I usually let my eyes wander aimlessly.  I'll check out focusing on a destination point. 

2 hours a day--killer!

-Yoda

5083[/snapback]

sometimes i used to stare at the ground, use a mantram, or sing to myslef. oftgen visualized things that helped me run--animal forms, exciting scenarios, etc. quiet mind, focus on breath. not idle talk--i've run two marathons.

I though this tip from Ron in the Alchemy Weight Training thread sounded bad ass. Haven't tried it yet though:

I ALSO LEARNED A ANCESTOR MEDDITATION PRACTICE FrOM A TARAHUMARA INDIAN.

WHEN YA RUN, YA VISSUALIZE YER DEAD ELDER MEN AROUND N BEHIND YA, BARE-CHESTED, WIRY, N READY FOR BATLE. THEY RUN WITH YA IN SILENCE, IN COLD WARIOR MODE.

It turns out that when I run barefoot I stare at the ground in front of me. When I tried looking at a distant point, I'd step on something after a bit. Looking down is reasonably focused, though. I can see that focusing on a distant point could induce a trance state, but I'd need to wear shoes to check it out.

Peter--two marathons? Very cool.

Ron--amazing work. I can't wait to get up to that level!

-Yoda

Cool! I just saw a banner ad above this thread for New Balance--just an N on a barefoot. We got the man's attention!

After reading 20+ books on running, I've found the ultimate: "The Lore of Running" It is way too fucking cool to deal with. About 800 pages of serious research and recommendations from top runners in history including training theory from the turn of the century.

Just like with strength training, endurance training has come a long ways in the last 30 years--it is much more powerful and effective now. Huge strength can be had in 5 minutes a day over the years, but endurance does require the body to endure for longer periods than that, but the psychological benefits are worth it.

So I'm running/walking, sungazing and standing zz--knees even with toes-- (while sungazing), doing good on the sperm front, etc... I'm the ultimate warrior!

-Yoda

What a beautiful thread! I been running for a few years now. I usually run 3 times a week. I run anywhere from 1 to 4 miles a day. Usually, I get about 10 miles of running a week. I also walk in between and do park work outs to keep my body strong. I did start meditating hopefully, that will help balance me out a bit. It seems running to much can mess up your knees which can make it difficult to walk down the road.

Sign in to follow this