Sign in to follow this  
abramelin

What my practice have taught me

During this summer my economy has been on the "downside".

I have had no income for over two months, and somewhat stressful times.

With almost no food and lots of bills piling up I applied for financial aid,

and my application got rejected. I felt desperate for a while ( a day)

but i got my spirit up pretty quickly , and went into some kind of fighter mode.

I did get some help with the food situation.

The thing I want o point out is that that if I wouldn't have been meditating

and doing other practices my mind/me would probably have experienced the situation

much more stressful. But instead I gained my calm and I am happy to tell that I just got employed.

So the thing that my practice have taught me is to be in the center of the storm, everything is passing.

The suffering I did have about the subject existed only in me, I can choose how to respond about it/feel about it.

Be well //John

Edited by abramelin

Hey John,

I just recently had a money issue as well. Just like you I was really down for a day...what a long day that was. But what I found is that spiritual progress helped very little when facing serious stuff in life. I can't say for sure personally whether I would've been able to cope just as well before or not.

I think I take for granted, most times, how much emotional strife and pain I avoid by continuing with my cultivation.

it doesn't 'happen', so we don't recognize it.

Hey John,

I just recently had a money issue as well. Just like you I was really down for a day...what a long day that was. But what I found is that spiritual progress helped very little when facing serious stuff in life. I can't say for sure personally whether I would've been able to cope just as well before or not.

I can say for sure that I wouldn't coped as well as I did before starting meditating etc.

The thing was that i wasn't the most concerned for my own behalf, but for my pet( a great pal in the form of a cat) that would surely not understand what situation I was in.

When I got money for food, for me and my cat there were tears of joy from my side. The most stressful part for me was not able to provide for a life that pet "owner hood" requires

//john

Edited by abramelin

I can say for sure that I wouldn't coped as well as I did before starting meditating etc.

The thing was that i wasn't the most concerned for my own behalf, but for my pet( a great cat named stosse) that would surely not understand what situation I was in.

When I got money for food, for me and Stosse there were tears of joy from my side. The most stressful part for me was not able to provide for a life that pet "owner hood" requires

//john

Now we are talking! Real application of taoism in our daily life!

I was getting really nauseated everytime I was browsing through the topics on this forum and reading about people having such issues as Distance Healings and Empowerements and Chackras and Kunluners Unable to keep their material presence for too long 'cause there are so freaking advanced and can have sex "wirelessly" over distance now and people trying to help with global warming issues. Are you kidding me ???- when obviously we can bearly take care of our own cat proplerly.....

Cmmon guys. Get back on the ground.Stay with me

Let's deal with our real issues.

Great topic abramelin. THANK YOU.

Edited by orb

Sign in to follow this