Sign in to follow this  
The Cloudwalking Owl

The Cloudwalking Owl bows to fellow travellors on the Way.

I bow to fellow travellors on the Way:

I came across this website while cruising the internet. At first glance it seems promising. When I signed on, it suggested that I offer up a little about myself by way of an introduction.

I was initiated into a Daoist lineage about 25 years ago by Moy Lin Shin and Moy Ming Do. To the best of my knowledge, these two folks were refugees from mainland China who had set up residence in the Yin Yin Institute in Hong Kong and started their own sub-temple called the Fung Loy Kok, which they then spread to Toronto, Canada.

When I was initiated I had no idea whatsoever about what was going on and then split up with them shortly afterwards. (There was an enormous culture clash that they seemed incapable of bridging with most of their students.)

Since then I was drawn---almost against my will---to getting more and more involved with Daoism and now live as an urban hermit. I try to chronicle the issues as they arise for me on a blog: http://urbanecohermit.blogspot.com/

I also have a Master's degree in philosophy and work at an academic library as a technician (sort of like Laozi.)

I have gained a lot of knowledge about Daoism from people I met on the internet, so I look forward to interesting conversations.

I bow to fellow travellors on the Way,

The Cloudwalking Owl

Long time no see, my friend !

I visit here every now and then and I am glad to see you back, OCR.

YM

Sign in to follow this