coyote

Good Methods of Physical Healing?

I have a very general question: What are good or best methods of physical healing that you know about? I am concerned with chronic fatigue which is defined be being tired and weak, with high levels of toxicity measured, weak organs and muscles, insomnia, weak digestion, emotional/energetic issues, and stress. I am interested in hearing about what has worked for you or people you know that have had serious health issues. Thanks.

I have a very general question: What are good or best methods of physical healing that you know about? I am concerned with chronic fatigue which is defined be being tired and weak, with high levels of toxicity measured, weak organs and muscles, insomnia, weak digestion, emotional/energetic issues, and stress. I am interested in hearing about what has worked for you or people you know that have had serious health issues. Thanks.

I didnt have any of these, my friend did and Spring Forest Qi Gong did miracles for her...

Also, some herbs [like Super Adaptogen form Dragon Herbs] helped her.

Edited by SiliconValley

There has been some research going on resently in norway about ME, chronic fatigue and qi gong. Their qigong had wonderful effect on this disease. But I think this is a very very simple qigong they used in the research. The ME pasients hardly have enough energy to meet for training. Its a very bad disease.

I dont know exactly what movements they used in the research. But maby somthing like this is simple enough:

Personally, the best and deepest method for physical healng Ive encountered so far is Xing Shen Zhuang as it is thaught by "the-one-who-should-not-be-named-on-the-taobums-.com". But that is definately too complex and demanding for chronic fatigue patients.

I would try to find a practitioner that resonates with you. That may be a naturopath, massage therapist/polarity therapist, traditional Chinese medicine. And work with that person until you see results or decide that it is not the path of healing for you.

I, myself, have had great luck with a TCMP in the past. Herbs and acupuncture coupled with some outside massage therapy. And then my T'ai-Chi practice too. Really helped my get back on track after years of not being on track.

But now that same path didn't resonate or yield results for my wife. She is still trying to find her path to health, if one exists.

Good luck with your search!

you'd be surprised what 10-15 minutes a day on an elliptical does for stuff like that :lol:

I second JoeBlast and raise him 3. Don't forget the basics. Before searching out the wonder herb and super chi gung routine, be sure you're getting good long restful sleep. Clean your system with veggies, juices and a sane diet. Move your body and bowels regularly.

Then look for a good practice thats close to you. Having a live teacher who gives feedback is so important.

Michael

I agree with what other have hinted at: there's no magic bullet. There are just magic bullets...so incorporating everything that's healthy and sticking to it is going to be your best bet.

from those symptoms I'd suggest before anything to try a general detox plan including heavy metals detox.

That's what i am focusing on. I just started with a naturopath and i might be fine, but i always like to have alternatives since most treatments have not worked out. He is Alex Strande www.simplyhealingclinic.com in Irvine, California. He uses massive amounts of liquid herbs and other supplements. I can feel it. I am optimistic. He is very confident and makes sense. He seems like a man who knows how to get shit done because he follows his passion and lives according to his true wild man nature. lol.

Dragon Herbs are mostly ineffective for me. The liquid Reishi and seaweed, Laminessence are really great. All the others gave me diarhhea and prevented me from absorbing food. Strade says that powdered herbs don't work.

Another protocol is that of Amy Yasko who focuses on the liver's methylation cycle and genetic damage from viruses. Her supplements are not very natural, however, and i rarely can digest those. Strande is treating the Methylation cycle as with herbs that i think would be more effective.

Spring Forest felt good, but now i'm trying other things.

Various accupuncture and herbal treatments didn't do much.

Detoxification can be very tough. Sometimes you don't feel much better because you are allergic to the substance and it shuts down your energy until the last molecule is out. You wake up one morning, pee, and then you are cured---I heard of that before. So there is progress without results. I have some results, but maybe even more progress than i know.

I've done more treatments and supplements than i could possibly remember.

Thanks to everyone for your suggestions.

That's what i am focusing on. I just started with a naturopath and i might be fine, but i always like to have alternatives since most treatments have not worked out. He is Alex Strande www.simplyhealingclinic.com in Irvine, California. He uses massive amounts of liquid herbs and other supplements. I can feel it. I am optimistic. He is very confident and makes sense. He seems like a man who knows how to get shit done because he follows his passion and lives according to his true wild man nature. lol.

Dragon Herbs are mostly ineffective for me. The liquid Reishi and seaweed, Laminessence are really great. All the others gave me diarhhea and prevented me from absorbing food. Strade says that powdered herbs don't work.

Another protocol is that of Amy Yasko who focuses on the liver's methylation cycle and genetic damage from viruses. Her supplements are not very natural, however, and i rarely can digest those. Strande is treating the Methylation cycle as with herbs that i think would be more effective.

Spring Forest felt good, but now i'm trying other things.

Various accupuncture and herbal treatments didn't do much.

Detoxification can be very tough. Sometimes you don't feel much better because you are allergic to the substance and it shuts down your energy until the last molecule is out. You wake up one morning, pee, and then you are cured---I heard of that before. So there is progress without results. I have some results, but maybe even more progress than i know.

I've done more treatments and supplements than i could possibly remember.

Thanks to everyone for your suggestions.

If you aim to detox read this:

http://www.amazon.com/Fasting-Eating-Healt...5830&sr=8-1

He is a very well qualified MD and so provides advice that is tested, safe and proven.

He also has a book on diet.

A good way to allow the body to cleanse itself daily is the Warrior Diet:

http://www.amazon.com/Warrior-Diet-Biologi...5945&sr=1-1

The 18 Step Taiji Qigong are exercises I used years ago and found them to be safe and great for boosting wellbeing and energy. I found a free web tutorial here:

http://www.everyday-taichi.com/taiji-qigong.html

I learned them from a book myself. Had my first profound qigong experience using these exercises and they have a fond place in my heart.

Hope this helps,

Best,

Mike

The 18 Step Taiji Qigong are exercises I used years ago and found them to be safe and great for boosting wellbeing and energy.

I second that

Have practiced Taichi 18 for several years with wonderfull results.

Hi coyote,

I have an article on how to approach chronic illness.

The problem most people encounter is that they're trying to duplicate the treatment method that someone else did who got good results. Just because you have the same disease label that someone else does, doesn't mean that your causative factors are all the same. That's why there can be no treatment for an entity called chronic fatigue or any other chronic condition, becuase you have to target the causative factors that apply to you specifically. They can be identified.

See www.heilkunst.com for a complete system of medicine, not a particular treatment modality, but an umbrella over all of them that understands where they all fit in, and what you need as an individual.

Best wishes,

Karen

Thanks Karen. I am not hung-up on one solution for all nor are the approaches i mentioned. I need much more information to evaluate Heilkurst. based on their website. Homeopathy is an energetic perspective, i know. Their claims are like the claims of everyone else, addressing the real causes, so i can't distinguish one from the other. I need some kind of evidience. I can call the local practitioner and see if they make sense. If they ask me a dumb question like, "When did this start" it assumes that it happened suddenl and therefore has a simple cause. That's one way a test practitioners to see if they are simple-minded and can't understand complex systems--most people don't. They should ask did yourcondition happen suddently or gradually, or how did it start. There is a huge difference. Of the products mentioned on their site, some are not of highest quality.

What is your expereince with different modalities, are you a healer, have you been through a major illness, what comparisons can you make? You can email me privately if you'd like.

coyote

Hi coyote,

I have an article on how to approach chronic illness.

The problem most people encounter is that they're trying to duplicate the treatment method that someone else did who got good results. Just because you have the same disease label that someone else does, doesn't mean that your causative factors are all the same. That's why there can be no treatment for an entity called chronic fatigue or any other chronic condition, becuase you have to target the causative factors that apply to you specifically. They can be identified.

See www.heilkunst.com for a complete system of medicine, not a particular treatment modality, but an umbrella over all of them that understands where they all fit in, and what you need as an individual.

Best wishes,

Karen

Hi coyote,

I appreciate that you want to evaluate different methods critically. And I agree, to ask "when did this start" is too simplistic a question for a complex issue. Chronic illness usually has multiple causes, and the person's whole history has to be taken into account - their shocks and traumas, inherited predispositions, a wide range of influences.

Heilkunst doesn't claim anything with regard to conditions like chronic fatigue, arthritis, etc., - all the conditions listed on the website. Those conditions are listed there, because those things are how people usually identify their issues that need help. But a condition or set of symptoms are really not entities to be treated! The individual causes are - those are the real disease entities.

It's just like there can never be a treatment for an entity called "headache." Headache is the result of something, and that something might be dehydration, an overindulgence in food or drink, a reaction to a drug or toxin, an emotional stress or trauma, an inherited predisposition being activated, a healing reaction to a therapeutic treatment, or even a false belief. Or a combination!

So it's the same with chronic fatigue, or a multitude of other disease labels that are the result of usually a combination of things, and those things need to be sorted out in a systematic way.

Heilkunst is grounded in Dr. Hahnemann's lifelong research that revealed this elegant system of identifying the cause of disease, making important distinctions that had not been made before. If you'd like to explore the principles that this system is based on, they are clearly laid out in many articles online.. one good source is a series of articles by Rudi Verspoor that first defines some terminology. We need to know what is a disease, and what is a condition, and what is a symptom, in precise terms based on principles of nature. Then a system of therapeutics can have a firm grounding.

This is the first in an 8-part series, and the other parts can be found by searching on the website:

http://www.hpathy.com/papersnew/verspoor-h...terminology.asp

The evidence is really in the principles. Case histories are interesting, but if one person got relief from a headache, that may have no bearing on my particular headache. If something worked for one person with chronic fatigue, there's no reliable way to know what it will do for the next person. And what does it mean to have something "work?" That their symptoms went away for a while? Do we know whether the problem was driven deeper into the system (suppressed), or whether it was just quieted for a while? Do we know whether there were other factors involved that would make it meaningless to compare their situation to ours? The disease labels tell very little, and the whole issue of evidence or claims for success is very murky.

When you research the principles behind a particular system, you may find that they resonate with your sense of truth, and then with further study you can gain knowledge that is beyond dogma or belief. Many people embark on Heilkunst treatment when they have exhausted the other avenues, and there are a lot of avenues, so many people come in desperation. It often resonates in some way right from the beginning.

I'm a student in the 4-year program for medical Heilkunst, and I don't function as a full Heilkunst practitioner, but my consulting work via email is informed by Heilkunst principles. I often refer people with complex, chronic issues to Heilkusnt practitioners if they're so inclined. The rate of significant improvement is extremely high with Heilkunst, even with the most serious diseases. Many autistic kids lose their autism diagnosis completely, just as one example. Not that that's a claim, but that would sure pique my interest!

So if you're interested enough to explore further, there is plenty of information and scholarly research to dig into.

And about me, yes, I had a life-threatening illness for decades, incapacitated and in despair for many years. I was on intravenous feedings for 10 years straight. I went through just about every healing modality in the book, and then some. The answer for me didn't come from a particular technique or product or even a combination of techniques and products.. but from a rational system that showed me the map of what I needed to cover and precisely how that could be done. It was still (and still is) a personal journey and not a quick fix or panacea. It doesn't target symptoms but the disease entities that are driving them, which frees us up to live more fully who we are.

-Karen

Thanks Karen. Yours is a substantial testimonial. I will keep this as a back-up to my existing program which lasts 3 months. I will know before then if it is working. There is one practitioner is my area.

Hi coyote,

I appreciate that you want to evaluate different methods critically. And I agree, to ask "when did this start" is too simplistic a question for a complex issue. Chronic illness usually has multiple causes, and the person's whole history has to be taken into account - their shocks and traumas, inherited predispositions, a wide range of influences.

Heilkunst doesn't claim anything with regard to conditions like chronic fatigue, arthritis, etc., - all the conditions listed on the website. Those conditions are listed there, because those things are how people usually identify their issues that need help. But a condition or set of symptoms are really not entities to be treated! The individual causes are - those are the real disease entities.

It's just like there can never be a treatment for an entity called "headache." Headache is the result of something, and that something might be dehydration, an overindulgence in food or drink, a reaction to a drug or toxin, an emotional stress or trauma, an inherited predisposition being activated, a healing reaction to a therapeutic treatment, or even a false belief. Or a combination!

So it's the same with chronic fatigue, or a multitude of other disease labels that are the result of usually a combination of things, and those things need to be sorted out in a systematic way.

Heilkunst is grounded in Dr. Hahnemann's lifelong research that revealed this elegant system of identifying the cause of disease, making important distinctions that had not been made before. If you'd like to explore the principles that this system is based on, they are clearly laid out in many articles online.. one good source is a series of articles by Rudi Verspoor that first defines some terminology. We need to know what is a disease, and what is a condition, and what is a symptom, in precise terms based on principles of nature. Then a system of therapeutics can have a firm grounding.

This is the first in an 8-part series, and the other parts can be found by searching on the website:

http://www.hpathy.com/papersnew/verspoor-h...terminology.asp

The evidence is really in the principles. Case histories are interesting, but if one person got relief from a headache, that may have no bearing on my particular headache. If something worked for one person with chronic fatigue, there's no reliable way to know what it will do for the next person. And what does it mean to have something "work?" That their symptoms went away for a while? Do we know whether the problem was driven deeper into the system (suppressed), or whether it was just quieted for a while? Do we know whether there were other factors involved that would make it meaningless to compare their situation to ours? The disease labels tell very little, and the whole issue of evidence or claims for success is very murky.

When you research the principles behind a particular system, you may find that they resonate with your sense of truth, and then with further study you can gain knowledge that is beyond dogma or belief. Many people embark on Heilkunst treatment when they have exhausted the other avenues, and there are a lot of avenues, so many people come in desperation. It often resonates in some way right from the beginning.

I'm a student in the 4-year program for medical Heilkunst, and I don't function as a full Heilkunst practitioner, but my consulting work via email is informed by Heilkunst principles. I often refer people with complex, chronic issues to Heilkusnt practitioners if they're so inclined. The rate of significant improvement is extremely high with Heilkunst, even with the most serious diseases. Many autistic kids lose their autism diagnosis completely, just as one example. Not that that's a claim, but that would sure pique my interest!

So if you're interested enough to explore further, there is plenty of information and scholarly research to dig into.

And about me, yes, I had a life-threatening illness for decades, incapacitated and in despair for many years. I was on intravenous feedings for 10 years straight. I went through just about every healing modality in the book, and then some. The answer for me didn't come from a particular technique or product or even a combination of techniques and products.. but from a rational system that showed me the map of what I needed to cover and precisely how that could be done. It was still (and still is) a personal journey and not a quick fix or panacea. It doesn't target symptoms but the disease entities that are driving them, which frees us up to live more fully who we are.

-Karen