mjjbecker

Wishful Thinking

Personally, I don't need this kind of shit and I am seriously considering just avoiding the internet full stop.

Yours,

Mike

Good for you, all the best Mike, and Bye...

Edited by SiliconValley

Well, in the last few hours I have received two abusive private messages.

Couple of features that are really helpful in situations like these, both under "my controls":

1. in the "messenger" section, the "pm buddies/block list" you can block these people from sending you further pm's

2. in the "options" section, there is "manage ignored users" by which you can set so you don't see someone's posts in discussion threads

cheers,

:)

:(

I'm really sorry this has happened to you, mjjbecker.

I second what Trunk said. Block people!

I mentioned before that I wonder if it would be a useful idea on the forum to have a required number of ( constructive and interesting!) posts by new members in an outer forum before they can send pm's or join the inner forum.

I guess this requires quite hands - on moderating, though.. ;)

Personally, I don't need this kind of shit and I am seriously considering just avoiding the internet full stop.

I felt like that the other day Mike and wondered if it wasn't the new moon. I think you should stay and although I can't recall all your posts here I don't remember you ever being abusive.

I figure there's two camps here the ego driven power hungry and the more spiritually inclined. I figure some simple tai chi or basic meditation are always more conducive to spiritual progress than any complex system of internal alchemy. Yes, live and let live, and if people want to learn how to shoot thunderbolts from their hands then that's their decision. If people want to learn how to attain ecstatic experiences or intense sexual experiences that's also fine. I think the motive is always key though and 'the great man' is always seen for how much he gives but also for what he humbly receives.

I'm not here for any other reason than to share. I hope I give some good advice and point well and if in the process of my own unfolding I learn something then I say thank you.

What ever you decide I wish you well. :)

Thank you all, it is greatly appreciated :) .

I value your advice but I'm not going to block anyone. I think I mentioned it elsewhere. If I avoid the unpleasant then I limit my own potential for growth.

So, think I'll stick around a while longer... ;)

I will add this, I don't want to cause any shit flinging on Sean's forum. It would not be fair as he is such a gracious host.

So, any more nasty messages will be posted on my blog for all to see. I respect privacy, but not at the cost of being attacked. Politeness and manners are a reciprocal thing. I think I have given fair warning.

As for the vipers nest that was the Mo Pai, the politics, backstabbing and the manner in which the practices fuck up peoples heads...I have some free time next week. I think I shall write a nice article about that on my blog also.

Why? Because it worries the hell out of me that people MIGHT actually be bombarding Jim with emails, as he claims, wanting to learn this stuff. If people would chase power at any expense, then that is their problem. Anyone who goes into this kind of practice had better have their eyes WIDE open.

Best,

Mike

(edited for spelling)

Mike you know with me you are on the top of my list.

The rest can go put their thumbs in their ass since either way they willnever get to "it" in the manner they seek.

It AIN'T about power.

You are a good guy and a patient man. I am still around cause i enjoy your posts. I too have thought many times why do I bother with sharing and opening up to people? But he the universe works in mysterious ways.

Here is my response to the Mopai power seekers....

Its sad to see the chaos reaction Mopai wannabes have created to the "scene".

Truth is there are many paths to the same mountain top.

And why not just go to the source of all energy to learn?

Even John Chang (may god bless him and grant him long life) in the grand scheme of things is not a big deal.

I am sure even he would say the same thing.

The source has it all.

Last I checked Lightning bolts from the sky are still WAY more powerful than any chi emitted from a human's hand.

Let nature takes its course. If you are "meant" to learn you will be given the means and the access.

Peace & God bless your success,

Santiago

We run into the paradoxical situation, where one person has given time, effort and heart into a system and another comes by and says, well thats pure shit and by the way so is the teacher. It happens all the time here, whether its Healing Tao, Kunlun, Qigong styles, Buddhism :o, even the way people sit when meditating.

The detractor is sincere in trying to save the practitioner and warn others of the futility, madness, time/money wasting and death. It comes off as an attack and if you've put your heart into a method its hard not to take it personally. Particularly when you've been getting good results and see others the system is helping.

I don't think there's a solution, other then politeness. Stating your piece and moving on; thats what I've noticed the most experienced and deepest practitioners here do(IMHO). Its a level to maturity to be able to state your piece and move on. Being a crusader takes too much energy and crosses the line into self righteousness very easily.

Michael

We run into the paradoxical situation, where one person has given time, effort and heart into a system and another comes by and says, well thats pure shit and by the way so is the teacher. It happens all the time here, whether its Healing Tao, Kunlun, Qigong styles, Buddhism :o, even the way people sit when meditating.

The detractor is sincere in trying to save the practitioner and warn others of the futility, madness, time/money wasting and death. It comes off as an attack and if you've put your heart into a method its hard not to take it personally. Particularly when you've been getting good results and see others the system is helping.

I don't think there's a solution, other then politeness. Stating your piece and moving on; thats what I've noticed the most experienced and deepest practitioners here do(IMHO). Its a level to maturity to be able to state your piece and move on. Being a crusader takes too much energy and crosses the line into self righteousness very easily.

Michael

Awesome :)

"There is no sense getting all riled up when a bunch of idiots give you a hard time. In the end, the universe tends to unfold as it should"

:D Edited by SiliconValley

Michael

well said. took me a while to learn this one. :rolleyes:

Mike you write:

"Most of you will not be aware that Jim, AKA 'mopaistudent' joined this forum not to 'share' his knowledge and experience of the Mo Pai, but because he wanted me to share the details of my teacher and school with him. I have the private messages saved to prove the point, if need be. "

From the outside this connection seems difficult to follow. To me it seems that Jim has posted here and on other boards to share the knowledge he has gotten with other people.

Additionally he obviously wants to progress in his practice. Since Master Chang apparently is not allowed to pass on further knowledge to him, he reaches out to others on the path. What is so bad about that? How did you get to know your teacher? Often we have to rely on the help of others and vice versa help others when we can.

Whether Jim has permission to share his Mopai knowledge or not is a case between him and Master Chang.

Mike,

You say that Jim has been questioning you as to who your new teacher is. I know sometimes he asks people about their current practice and such in a friendly way. When I first met him we discussed my previous teachers, and knowledge etc. From Robert Peng, Robert Bruce, and Master Chunyi Lin (spring forest), Jou Tsung Hwa, etc. He may not have meant it the way you took it. It wasn't like he was trying to find out my "secret teachers" etc. It was more of friendly conversation.

I must say I am really curious, my friend on here told me he thought you were with wang li-ping, but I suppose thats not the case. Perhaps you are training in another branch of the Lei Shan Dao?

Edited by mwight

All of this could entirely be avoided if you stop building a cult of personality around a guy that does a little showmanship and parlor tricks.

No offense folks, all I smell in these exchanges is a fixation on learning super powers and all the ego that goes with it.

I can't believe people send messages like this.

This magus of java crap is just that, crap

forget about learning secret formulas to turn yourself into a minor deity

its a false path

its not cultivation or meditation

its power for power's sake and I am not convinced real power is involved here.

John Changs jedi skills would not work on me and I will take that challenge from any student of that school of thought any time.

its really feeble power at best, absolute fraud and chicanery at worst

real power is the gung fu you gain from doing internal arts and its manifest when you touch someone

you guys are led astray by a false magician

I would follow a real Professor X or Magneto but not John Chang.

Its not worth getting upset over it really is not. That level of *skill* is really pathetic. I am not impressed. It is not power. He is not a Psi Monk, a mutant or a sorcerer. I will echo Buddy on this one.

The whole time you are sending messages about this teacher and that secret and getting worked up about how to get in line to learn the magic palm chi projections of ultimate power you could instead be working on something useful and valuable in life.

When I was a teen I used to tell my Dad that sooner or later I would achieve or evolve telekinesis because I worked at it all the time. I said sooner or later I would grow a circuit in my brain for it.

Then my Dad said, "On that day you will be able to make a million dollars with it"

That was years before I ever heard there was actually a million dollar challenge for demonstrations of psi.

I used selective thinking and confirmation bias to think I was moving pencils, marbles and influencing the roll of 20 sided dice in role playing games but really I was BSing myself

If you can show me a teacher who can set wood on fire from a distance or hurl a car through the air with their mind or cause everyone around them to see illusions in their own mind. Show me a teacher who can read off my thoughts as I think them verbatim without error and I would beg at the feet of I might consider asking for instruction in something like that.

But John Chang's tricks are just that, tricks. Feeble displays of power or outright sleight of hand. They rely on your need to believe it is happening to gain much of their awe and belief.

At the end of the day, the comments in these messages reveal that most of you don't have what it takes to have real powers.

That is the reality.

You are not mature enough or grown up enough to have mutant psi powers.

That is the reality.

If you had real power you would have at it like psychic gorillas and all sense of enlightenment or special achievement would be lost in a duel of ego, pride and power like psychic grappling or push hands

If you had real powers from meditation you would use them like DBZ or the duel between Professor X and Jean Grey in Xmen3

or you would use them to rip the golden gate bridge apart.

You know how I know?

Because that is what I would do.

If I had real powers I would psychically stalk John Chang and implant a compulsion in his mind to find me.

When he did I would hurl him through a wall with my mind from 30 feet away on camera and show him and everyone on this planet what real mental power is.

If you challenged me or threatened me in anyway I would pop a blood vessel in your brain and vibrate your atoms apart.

Maybe I must just implant certain thoughts in your mind that leave you waking up every night for the rest of your life screaming.

I would telepathically and psychokinetically make James Randi hand me a million dollar check and use it to start an institute for psi development.

Then I would end up with more followers than Jesus and more money that Bill Gates.

But that would not make me enlightened, realized or a buddha.

That is what I consider power.

The tricks Chang does are not impressive. I don't understand the appeal I really don't.

The very pursuit of mental powers is to have an edge on your fellow human being. It reveals a lust for power and deep insecurity somewhere inside you.

How do I know the nature of world?

By what is within me.

I have been meditating for 20 years and I am still not ready to handle real psychic powers.

If I had them I would use them and the results would not be pleasant for you.

I would end up living in Saskatchewan or on a small island somewhere to keep myself from hurting people.

Or I would end up dead sooner or later as every government in the world sends out special units to capture or kill me.

Unless I was able to accelerate my own development into a real body of light and just leave this earth in search of my peers out there in the depths between galaxies.

It is not worth it to follow some guy so you can learn to make people feel funky stuff when you wave your hands at them or learn to light a newspaper on fire.

The fact that you folks get all hot and bothered about these things amply demonstrates what a futile path that is.

Or maybe you could just smoke a bowl and chill. :)

I don't seek power to show off, or control or harm other people, I seek it to transcend and get out of this world. As far as I understand that is the true aim of all schools in the Lei Shan Dao. The powers they develop are merely a side effect, mile markers on their path. That is the only true function they offer. If a person is seeking powers just for the sake of being like a DBZ character, or ruling earth I agree thats just juvenile bullshit.

In my opinion only schools which demonstrate the development of "powers", such as the Lei Shan Dao, are worth pursuing. Out of all the millions of Buddhists how many have ever achieved enlightenment, or ascended never to return to this world? None I've heard of this century.

Also lets say I take a pen-name and write a bunch of books on ancient taoist methods etc, even though its just a bunch of BS I made up. How exactly can anyone say it is effective or not if it doesn't actually accomplish anything. If your current schools aren't producing physical results, which are tangible and testable, well whats the point of following them.

What I see paths like the Lei Shan Dao actually accomplishing is constructing, feeding, and nurturing your spirit, then moving your consciousness into it, and away from the physical body, BEFORE death. So when death of the physical body occurs, you have a backup. A vehicle to carry on in, rather than just falling into unconsciousness, having your memories decay, and being reborn into another physical body.

Most Buddhist schools I have learned about tell you to be a good person, let go of material attachments, and sit and breath, stay in the moment. How many enlightened beings have you seen arise from that method? Looks like if these teachings were so "effective" we would be seeing a higher success rate among practitioners.

Thats just my $0.02

Edited by mwight

All of this could entirely be avoided if ...

Jane, what is real is beyond belief or disbelief. :)

I'm certainly not saying my vision is crystal clear in the matter...

In the first instance I have findley telling me that I am a 'piece of shit' because I outlined the effects that dangerous qigong practices can-and have-had on others. Apparently the 'unvarnished truth' that such things can lead to impotence, death or psychosis is not 'nice or productive' and that he wants me to 'leave me the hell alone'.

Findley, you miss the point. This is a PUBLIC DISCUSSION FORUM. What is put up in public here is for discussion. If you don't like what is said, you can ignore it, but you have no right to demand any kind of censorship. Nor do you have the right to send abusive messages to those who disagree with you.

To be blunt, you live in 'the world according to findley'. Time and again you post how basic niceties or rules do not apply to you. Be it demeaning translations of texts when you have no qualifications to do so, asking others to breach copyright laws and behave unethically, or blithely dismissing warnings and advice regarding cultivation from people who know a considerable amount more than you. If what is said does not follow 'the world according to findley', then it is clearly mistaken. Vanity of youth or just outright stupidity? Who knows-or cares.

Now, ultimately people can choose if they want to risk their own destruction by folly. That is their right. What they can not expect is to post folly on a public forum and not have such things questioned. That is what forums are for.

Assuming you ever get past your ego, I will leave you with this advice from Alexander Pope to ponder upon:

A little learning is a dangerous thing;

Drink deep, or taste not the Pierian spring:

There shallow Draughts intoxicate the Brain,

And drinking largely sobers us again

uggg I sent you that private message because I thought that if I sent it to you privately it migth save us both some embarrassment, and you would probably leave me alone. Yes, this is a public discussion forum-- and a private message is a private message. They both serve their own purposes. ( :rolleyes: )

I didn't call you a piece of shit because you 'warned me'. One of the reasons why I'm calling you a piece of shit because you have only responded to me with the utmost disrespect. You were incredibly insulting in all of your responses to me, and I wanted you to, (yes, you got that part right,) 'just leave me the hell alone'. I do not want to be your shit-heel so you can make yourself feel better about the person who you think you are.

Yes, my world is the 'world-according-to-Findley'. You have made a brilliant observation. Congratulations.

You are a hypocrite, Mike. You are a piece of shit, a hypocrite. I do not care if you can raise the dead or cure cancer, I do not like you or respect you.

So, to reiterate the point I made last, in my private message, please just leave me the hell alone.

So, think I'll stick around a while longer... ;)

Welcome....but really knowledge sharing happens when one really needs it. No one is doing any one else a favor by sharing something, which they "think" might be useful to someone. There is always someone else telling people what they "think" is right at any point. Minus a little of that all-knowing attitude, you seem like a nice guy :-)

The fact that you folks get all hot and bothered about these things amply demonstrates what a futile path that is.

Darling, wish we could hear from the likes of you and Mat Black more often... Your videos are just awesome!!!! Way to go Jane....

IbkaDubkaDooDoo (that's my tribal salute) :):)

Edited by SiliconValley

Darling, wish we could hear from the likes of you and Mat Black more often... Your videos are just awesome!!!! Way to go Jane....

IbkaDubkaDooDoo (that's my tribal salute) :):)

HEY! :angry:

that's my grrl you're talking to!

;)