Sign in to follow this  
thelerner

Thinking of new Location in Forum

I was thinking of a sort of Taoist do it Better location in forum.

Not so much discussion based, but a compilation of our best ideas. For example inside it would be RUNNING, we could compile different and significant posts on running there. Too often they run throughout Personal logs and through different posts.

Urine Drinking. Weight Lifting, Sun Gazing, Elixirs, Water Therapy, etc.

It would be made up of solid posts, and questioning and weaker posts would be w/ 'weeded' out. Not to be competitive, but so that we could quickly look up the heart of these things.

Too often great ideas are sent down the forum stream to be virtually lost. Here we could have a short list of interesting tropics, presented w/ some depth.

What do you think.

Peace

Michael

P.S. I write for 2 minutes and propose hours of work for poor Sean, who is already a master at finding great connected ideas on posts.

The articles section could be used like that. I've sort of done that with the sungazing article that I've updated a few times as new perspectives have occured to me. Maybe we could rename the article section to "articles and favorite topics" or something. I'd love to do a walking/running section. Just a distillation, to get the intricacies you'd have to probe the personal practice discussion of the practitioners in question.

I'd also like to do a "Ron for beginners" and a "Plato for beginners" article, as they have great stuff but aren't likely to distill it for us.

The idea being that it's a distillation area, not a discussion area.

-Yoda

the moderators have talked about this before too. origianlly it was nixed because the suggestions led to unreasonable complications of the list. certainly adding one more forum or subforum wouldn't be too much of a problem--it's just a matter of sean's time. perhaps an index of interesting topics would be better where people could request an interesting topic be added to the index so it could be easier to find and the moderators could share responsibility and time for entering the topics as they are requested. it could be cross referenced as well so that topics dealing with, say, both running and weightlifting, or integrating sungazing and nutrition into a taining program, could be found in more than one place of the index. indexing could be a simple matter of pasting a link with a title. the real time-consumer would be sean's set up of such a service. and that's up to him.

After brainstorming about a lot of different options for this over the last year, my two cents is that the best way to distill/crystalize information from the various posts here (and elsewhere) is to write an article that does so. The article doesn't even have to contain much of your own words, it can just be, for example, "A summary of Ron's gems" ... and you can take it upon yourself to sift through all of Ron's posts copying and pasting what grabs you and organizing it as you see fit. If more and more of these types of articles are created, over time we can think of more efficient ways to organize them ... ie: table of contents, index, etc., and even separate them out of the forum itself into a "flat" format, for example, as a "Tao Bums E-Zine" or "Tao Bums HandBook" ...

What do you think? Do you want to come up with article ideas in this thread and any of us can grab ones that appeal to us. I think it could be a very useful community project.

Yoda's suggestion of using the Articles site for that kind of discusion is pretty good.

Its such a shame that early history on the HT site got dumped. It had so many gems.

Peace

Michael

Back yesterday from Dao Mountain & Fusions I II III

Guest REKLESSS MOFO

Its such a shame that early history on the HT site got dumped.  It had so many gems.

Peace

Michael

Back yesterday from Dao Mountain & Fusions I II III

5256[/snapback]

I GOT IT ONLINE, LEMME KNOW IF YA NEED IT

Really? All of it? I used to just put in random words in its search and find interesting strings from the early 90's.

But the future is now, the past is an old relic silenty gathering dust. Its nice to know it still exists.

Q> What form is it in?

Thanks

Michael

Sign in to follow this