findley

advice on 100 days of retention; circulation of sexual energy

I do not mean to create another useless thread, but am eager to have this discussed.... again... ;)

I am about a tenth of the way through a hundred days of retention. I already have extended periods of bliss to appreciate. (also, thank you Sean for your incredibly enlightening signature... it is surely a trigger!) :) What I am wondering though, is how rigid this 100 days is in regards to special circumstances. For example, if I spend 30-90 minutes a day, on average, masturbating to circulate sexual energy through the whole of my body, and tryign to achieve brain or 'crown chakra orgasms', then surely the typical 'results' expected after a hundred days of retention will be achieved much faster..?

I am thinking, though I have no basis to really found this one, but I still think, that perhaps because of my sexual kungfu, my retention period should be considered to be halved.

-or maybe these are exclusive practices? Drew Hempel was kind enough to inform me that my masturbation technique is merely transforming my jing into fluid, when I should be transforming it into electro-magnetic fields.

I appreciate this advice, but at the same time, I strongly believe that this sexual kung-fu is one of the most efficient ways to 'open' my system. The experience of circulating that sexual energy is so gratifying, I cannot imagine it to be anything but excellent. Also, because the gratification flows through my body, and is not limited to the genitals, (where it is largely ignored, in fact..) I believe that perhaps it is possible that I am, indeed, transforming jing into a positive energy.

Also, what I am curious about are crown chakra orgasms. I do not bring sexual energy up the governer channel, but simply bring it 'up' into my body. When I feel I am successfully circulating this energy, I concentrate on my crown. I then imagine as though I am 'fucking' with my crown. I definately feel accumlating 'density' when I do this, and it feels good, but is certainly not orgasmic. Sometimes after I do this, it becomes easier to 'bring down white energy' through my head, which may be gratifying... but not absolutely indicative of too much. -Do you think that if I keep this up, eventually my crown will open in orgasm, sexual energy will flood my brain, and I will finally.... you know....?

Also, my scalp is flexing all the time. for weeks, now. is this a positive sign that energy is circulating? (qi surges that cause the muscles to contract..?)

anywyas, thank you to anyone who has time to respond!!!!

I don't practice sexual kung-fu anymore, but at the peak of my practice I was experiencing some pretty remarkable full body orgasms. I'm by no means an adept at this stuff, but it sounds like you're pushing too hard. I practiced about a year without any kind of non-ejaculatory orgasms, until I got the hang of it. My problem was I was trying to make it happen, rather than opening up the space and allowing it to happen. I guess this was a result of thinking of it in terms of male genital orgasms, which can be straightforwardly induced with vigorous enough activity. The character of the full body orgasms I was experiencing was much different. They required deep relaxation, and an openness to the natural flow of energy rather than conscious direction. Instead of sending energy anywhere, I would just relax as much as possible and observe how it moved. I think this helped me avoid an extreme excess of energy in my noggin, as when my head was full, the energy would naturally flow down the front channel. (you are remembering to bring the energy back down during your practice, right?)

If you're wondering, I stopped doing the practice because it works a bit too well! That is, I got a taste of the kind of energy it cooks up and realized I didn't have a clue what to do with it, how to store it safely, how to refine it, etc... Without a teacher to guide me through the process, I had the distinct impression that I was just as likely to do myself harm as good.

-or maybe these are exclusive practices? Drew Hempel was kind enough to inform me that my masturbation technique is merely transforming my jing into fluid, when I should be transforming it into electro-magnetic fields.

I appreciate this advice

May one ask? How does one transform 'it' into EM fields? I would surely appreciate this sort of an info.

Yours kindly very much,

innergy

Edited by froggie

Thanks ;)

Relaxing into the energy is definately of primary importance... I find myself tensing up so hard I almost shiver when I practice, reminding me to relax and mediate on the experience.

I was taking storage and refinement for granted!!! I wonder how I am sure I am refining it and storing it??? That is very interesting point!!! :o:o:o

I wish I knew how to transform the fluid into EM fields. I think it is a matter of generating an amount of heat in the pelvic area-- the heat increases the viscosity (sp? /fluidity) of the ...fluid. And maybe releases EM energy in the process. (??)

Thanks, xeno =) I was actually hoping you would respond, because I have read through that thread a few times, now. It is helpful, but I don't find the specific answers (or questions,) I am looking for...

.. I wonder how I am sure I am refining it and storing it??? ... I think it is a matter of generating an amount of heat in the pelvic area-- the heat increases the viscosity (sp? /fluidity) of the ...fluid.

"Heat increases viscosity" is very well put, definately a keeper phrase.

However, an increase in viscosity is the danger of retention, in that it tends to lead to "stuck" which ain't good (link). If you retain, the heat & tension are... uh... inconvenient disharmonius by-products that you've got to get good enough at resolving in order to get on with real refinement. And good luck finding really good information on what "real refinement" is or reliable well-grounded "how-to's". ... but, we all try. :)

Thank you, Trunk. It is too unfortunate that we don't have any 'solutions' to the pitfalls of aroused semen-retention.

I think it is important that you gave me that, Trunk. I will have to give my pevlic area special attention as my retention progresses. ...I'll probably bring problems, if I encounter any, to the forum. In the meantime, I am going to continue with the microcosmic orbit, external qigong/tai chi, stillness, and dan tien cultivation. I think that all of these practices supplementing eachother should prove fruitful.

-btw, what about use of aneros? I got one a couple weeks ago. I have tried it multiple times, but it doesn't seem to work. My normal tantric practice gives me much more satisfaction. .......plus I don't really like the idea of having something up my ass........

.......but if I can use it for it's original purpose-- prostate health-- and get all the fluids and energies flowing, (maybe once a week?) that should prove an acceptable alternative to stagnation?

...xeno...I don't find the specific answers (or questions,) I am looking for...

Please pose your question(s) (or answers :)) as to a simpleton (close to the mark will you be!)...forgo context, background, etc. I do think most answers to most conceivable questions are in this thread already...but I love to discover my misconceptions! FWIW, about 3500 days of SKF it took me to pass the jing distillate (chi) past the ming-men...frequency of emission during that time variable but low (~100 days per is probably about right...definitely much more early on) until said accomplishment, then zero for about 3 years...much progress made...variable since then...I cycle hard practice during which none, with soft practice during which limited some...strive to keep visceral lessons of hard phase in mind during soft phase...so subtle are the lessons forms there. May undergo extended hard phase later in Life, certainly when first whiff of Death doth present...fool would I be to not.

But I ramble...apologize...please pose your inquiries.

kind regards,

xeno

Edited by xenolith

.. any 'solutions' to the pitfalls of aroused semen-retention.

-btw, what about use of aneros? -- prostate health-- and get all the fluids and energies flowing, (maybe once a week?) that should prove an acceptable alternative to stagnation?

Browse alchemicaltaoism.com. There are lots of solutions - it's just a matter of degree. And yes, your idea has been explored before - for just that purpose. I find that the crystal wand is preferable, conveniently occasionally used in the shower.

I don't practice sexual kung-fu anymore, but at the peak of my practice I was experiencing some pretty remarkable full body orgasms. I'm by no means an adept at this stuff, but it sounds like you're pushing too hard. I practiced about a year without any kind of non-ejaculatory orgasms, until I got the hang of it. My problem was I was trying to make it happen, rather than opening up the space and allowing it to happen. I guess this was a result of thinking of it in terms of male genital orgasms, which can be straightforwardly induced with vigorous enough activity. The character of the full body orgasms I was experiencing was much different. They required deep relaxation, and an openness to the natural flow of energy rather than conscious direction. Instead of sending energy anywhere, I would just relax as much as possible and observe how it moved. I think this helped me avoid an extreme excess of energy in my noggin, as when my head was full, the energy would naturally flow down the front channel. (you are remembering to bring the energy back down during your practice, right?)

If you're wondering, I stopped doing the practice because it works a bit too well! That is, I got a taste of the kind of energy it cooks up and realized I didn't have a clue what to do with it, how to store it safely, how to refine it, etc... Without a teacher to guide me through the process, I had the distinct impression that I was just as likely to do myself harm as good.

What a refreshing post on sexual cultivation!

Welcome to the forum, autopoetic. :)

It would be very interesting to read more specifics about your practice.

I unintentionally started this 'retention' business around May. I've noticed an interesting cycle to my sexual energy. Without regular kunlun practice my hormones build to an explosive level and it becomes rather uncomfortable. So although I'm able to use the energy in useful ways, I would like to be able to have the coveted non-ejaculatory orgasm without forcing, pushing, squeezing the energy up.

Oh, trunk! Speak of the devil! Last night I spent more than a couple hours in tossing-turning, overwhelmingly aggressive sexual desire!

-If my phone was not turned off, I was *this* close to calling an old grandmother I once slept with for a good-time! My desire for someone of the opposite sex was so strong I that I could not handle the appetite. I could not even sleep!

-This is occuring just after a very powerful period of silent, meditation on stillness. (and, ironically, the same day I read your post and essay's on the 'pitfalls' of aroused semen retention.)

Is this what Ron Jeremy was going through all the time..?! No wonder he was so fucking nuts!! :o

Anyways, I tried lots of things to calm myself down. Aneros didn't work. at all. I eventually made myself ejaculate so I could go to sleep.

----

However, the morning after, I had a very successful practice for about 60-90 minutes, and I stopped only because I felt 'full', which is something new. I wass also very successful experiencing 'brain' orgasms, which left me feeling pleasantly tired, (like that 'drained' feeling most men get after ejaculation?) ..So, yes, it took me about 10 days until I couldn't take it anymore, but the after-results were very profitable.

...Maybe it is just a matter of building up the retention period?? Maybe I'll be able to go for 12 days next time-- 14 the next, and so on, until I get to the ~100 day retention period like Xeno did... until I can just keep going without ejaculation at all??

Anyways, what about that (pleasantly,) drained feeling I experienced after the brain orgasms this morning? I would think that I should expect to feel energized after the experience. Is this evident of some sort of leakage? (which I don't think I would mind, if the energy is leaking into my brain..?)

BTW-- I'm ordering my kunlun book today :) I am excited to experience what has been so appluaded!

Different body types have different energetic manifestations in terms of hot/cool/cold etc.

That considered, one of the other causes of the heat that can be associated with retention may be due to lust. The energy itself in the body can be harmonious and smooth. But just one lustful thought can 'heat' it up. If there is heat, massage not just Hui Yin, but also very important to massage the coxyx.

Fundamentally though, it all originates from the mind.

Lust, desire etc is an outward projection, the mind wanting something out there (a beautiful woman etc). So the body simply follows the mind's directive and builds up pressure in order to project towards that object of desire.

The body can then carry a momentum of past thoughts & habits of this pattern, so seminal emissions can still occur for a while during celibacy. Patience is important.

It might not be easy or quick, but the more we can eliminate lustful thoughts of sex, the happier & peaceful one becomes, and the easier retention will be.

With the lessening of lust & desire, there will be no re-tension, just refinement & purification. Actually, in that case it won't even be called retetion, because the energy will naturally reside and circulte through the body accordingly.

Mater Hsuan Hua:

"The Shurangama Sutra says, "If one doesn't cut off lust, one won't be able to leave the dust.

The Shurangama Sutra also says, "Trying to cultivate samadhi without cutting off lust is like cooking sand trying to obtain rice. It can't be done." If we contemplate the truth of this, we will know where the Treasury of the Proper Dharma Eye lies"

In regard to aneros, it may lead to qi leakage if it's use causes the prostate to contract repetitively.

Edited by mat black

Pondering Wander Wunders

Under Inner Ponders

Wander Outer Wunderings

1:08

1:47

3:33

ihDSh4ViQKY