mwight

Human Cells Found to have Electric Fields as Powerful as Lighting Bolts

http://www.dailygalaxy.com/my_weblog/2008/...-cells-fou.html

Human Cells Found to have Electric Fields as Powerful as Lighting Bolts

Using newly developed voltage-sensitive nanoparticles, researchers have found that the previously unknown electric fields inside of cells are as strong, or stronger, as those produced in lightning bolts. Previously, it has only been possible to measure electric fields across cell membranes, not within the main bulk of cells, so scientists didn't even know cells had an internal electric field.

This discovery is a surprising twist for cell researchers. Scientists don't know what causes these incredibly strong fields or why they' are there. But now using new nanotools, such as voltage-sensitive dyes, they can start to measure them at least. Researchers believe they may be able to learn more about disease states, such as cancer, by studying these minute, but powerful electric fields.

University of Michigan researchers led by chemistry professor Raoul Kopelman encapsulated voltage-sensitive dyes in polymer spheres just 30 nanometers in diameter. Testing these nanoparticles in the internal fluid of brain-cancer cells, Kopelman found electric fields as strong as 15 million volts per meter, up to five times stronger than the field found in a lightning bolt. However, this discovery goes beyond being incredibly interesting; the finding will likely change the way researchers look at disease.

"They have developed a tool that allows you to look at cellular changes on a very local level," said Piotr Grodzinski, director of the National Cancer Institute Alliance for Nanotechnology in Cancer in Technology Review. Grodzinski believes many developments in cancer research, for example, over the past few years have been "reactive" rather than proactive. Despite how far cancer treatments have come, the way that cancer, and other diseases, progresses at the cellular level in the first place is still not well understood. With a better understanding, researchers could improve diagnostics and care. "This development represents an attempt to start using nanoscale tools to understand how disease develops," said Grodzinski.

Kopelman has developed encapsulated voltage-sensitive dyes that aren't hydrophobic and can operate anywhere in the cell, rather than just in membranes. Because it's possible to place his encapsulated dyes in a cell with a greater degree of control, Kopelman likens them to voltmeters. "Nano voltmeters do not perturb [the cellular] environment, and you can control where you put them," he says.

The existence of strong electric fields across cellular membranes is accepted as a basic fact of cell biology. The fact that cells have internal electric fields as well, however, is a whole new revelation. Scientists previously did not know of the existence of internal cellular energy fields, and are just in the earliest stages of understand the phenomenon. Kopelman presented his results at the annual meeting of the American Society for Cell Biology this month. "There has been no skepticism as to the measurements," says Kopelman. "But we don't have an interpretation."

Daniel Chu of the University of Washington in Seattle agrees that Kopelman's work provides proof of concept that cells have internal electric fields. "It's bound to be important, but nobody has looked at it yet," Chu says.

Posted by Rebecca Sato

Related Galaxy posts:

Scientists Create A Cancer-proof Mouse

New Stem-Cell Breakthrough Rewrites the Ethical Debate

"X" Cells! Five Super-powered Single Celled Organisms

The 'Dying Gasp' of A Single Cell Now Audible

Links:

http://www.umich.edu/~koplab/research2.html

http://www.technologyreview.com/Biotech/19841

http://www.medgadget.com/archives/2007/12/...lar_energy.html

All the more reason to be careful doing Kunlun and other energy cultivation systems. Hmm spontaneous combustion! :unsure:

Oh! :mellow:

...Nah. :)

keywords I remember: kunlun is , downard flow , cooling , versus kundailni is heating. :)

Oh! :mellow:

...Nah. :)

keywords I remember: kunlun is , downard flow , cooling , versus kundailni is heating. :)

But isn't enlightenment the meeting of the two in the heart of the one? You see this seems to come back to all this stuff about hot and cold religions which is the error of religion and much philosophical thought. What about the flow? The flow is the way agreed? We are the vehicle so therefore yin and yang flow through us yet we are one when we move with them/it. There's no real up or down because duality is always only apparent i.e. Maya. The real energy is in the heart and the Trikaya brings enlightenment when the mirror is cleaned.

Ok on the lightening bolt comparison -- I read recently (not sure where) that actually the voltage is not that strong in lightening but it's VERY FAST (which means the voltage is VERY CONCENTRATED) -- notice how the above study doesn't give the time velocity for the voltage in the human cell. So it must be very very fast -- of course a "nanosecond" is a very very fast time scale.

In contrast a laser is hotter than the sun -- because it is COHERENT and biophotons (the basis for chi spirit energy) is also coherent or harmonized thereby making it the same as a laser and equally powerful.

Quantum events of biophoton emission associated with complementary and alternative medicine therapies: A descriptive pilot study

Author(s): Hossu M, Rupert R

Source: JOURNAL OF ALTERNATIVE AND COMPLEMENTARY MEDICINE Volume: 12 Issue: 2 Pages: 119-124 Published: MAR 2006

Times Cited: 0 References: 22 Citation MapCitation Map beta

Abstract: Introduction: Biophoton emission (BPE) is a quantum event characterized by a relatively stable but ultra-low-rate emission of visible photons from living organisms. It has been associated with high energy processes such as: cell metabolism, growth, phagocytosis, neural activity, and oxidative stress. BPE has also been suggested to reflect the organism's global state of health as well as the response to stimulation including therapeutic interventions. If BPE changes occur as a result of various complementary and alternative medical interventions, this could prove useful to monitor both the patient's response to a specific treatment and global changes in their health status. This descriptive study attempts to identify BPE changes associated with three different chiropractic techniques that use different energetic approaches: mechanical, gravitational, and bioenergetic.

Materials and Methods: The BPE was measured at the neck and/or the lower back of 3 asymptomatic adult male volunteers. The measurements were made before and after different chiropractic interventions. The treatment techniques included a high velocity joint manipulation with the aid of a drop table, Sacro-Occipital Technique, and Bio-Energetic Synchronization Technique. Enough time was allotted for measurements in order to differentiate between natural fluctuation of the BPE and the changes induced by the interventions.

Results: All techniques induced small (up to 20%) but statistically significant changes (p < 0.05 in one case, p < 0.001 in the other two) in the BPE. Each technique demonstrated a different pattern of BPE change that may be specific to the technique.

Conclusion: The intensity of BPE is a noninvasive indicator of the health of the human body and is significantly altered in different ways by chiropractic interventions. Future research is necessary to explore more features of BPE and its utility as an indicator of health, as well as the theoretical and clinical significance of these findings.

KeyWords Plus: HUMAN-BODY; LIGHT; BIOLUMINESCENCE; INFORMATION; BIOFIELD; SYSTEMS

Reprint Address: Hossu, M (reprint author), Parker Coll Chiropract Res Inst, 2500 Walnut Hill Lane, Dallas, TX 75229 USA

Addresses:

1. Parker Coll Chiropract Res Inst, Dallas, TX 75229 USA

Publisher: MARY ANN LIEBERT INC, 140 HUGUENOT STREET, 3RD FL, NEW ROCHELLE, NY 10801 USA

Subject Category: Integrative & Complementary Medicine

All the more reason to be careful doing Kunlun and other energy cultivation systems. Hmm spontaneous combustion!

Nah that's ok, I'm not a pansy. :lol::rolleyes:B)

Nah that's ok, I'm not a pansy. :lol::rolleyes:B)

:lol:

Yes but you might be if you had experienced the 24hours of agony I felt back in January and the subsequent three weeks to recover. Swords of fire, thunder bolts etc. No fear and as a warrior I fought and won the battle.

ajanta13.jpg

Facinating stuff.

I need to read more.

Isnt it frustrating that this type of news does'nt get more prevalence.

I guess the mass's would rather read about Amy Winehouse.

hkQDymJvyDM

Cool video. Yes it's interesting that all genetic history is within each of us and then when you take it a step further you realise we are all connected. I think it's the same as the old holographic universe theory which suggests that the whole universe is within each of us. Of course you can keep going forever and say every cell in our body is a universe and then every atom is a universe and the every quark and so on. I don't understand it completely but I think we grow into greater love, understanding and bliss for ever.

My minds reeling now so I'll shut up.