Sign in to follow this  
Teddy

Kunlun benefits?

Ok I am now very curious about 'kunlun'. However, I am still very unsure as to what benefits you actually get from practicing kunlun. (please dont tell me to buy the book and find out for myself thats not why I am asking this question) I know that these things are different from person to person. So, ... What benefits have you got from practicing 'Kunlun'? ...Also what benefits do you get from practicing kunlun that you dont get from qigong?

Thanks

For me...

health/healing aspect is awesome. the little bit of allergies I had are nonexistent with practice. got a bad back (bad connective tissue in general) and its helped that a ton, I dont have to stretch anywhere near as much as I used to. it seems to purify the body better than any of the other qigong I used to do...that's pretty much just scratching the surface...

It's still pretty difficult for me to explain, but the energy has a very different quality to it than qi that I experienced from qigong. I think in qigong you gather energy from the universe, the earth, sun, moon, stars etc into your body and mix it with your own qi. In Kunlun you tap into what is basically felt as an unlimited energy source inside you. It's like tapping the unlimited energy of space or something inside yourself. I don't know if you can tap into it quite the same way without the transmisison. But after the transmission it felt like basically someone opened this door to this river inside me that doesn't stop flowing.

The energy itself feels very different to me than qi. Not necissarily better but different. Sometimes it feels very intense and sometimes blissful. It rises up and makes you feel happy, giddy all of a sudden. So there is this fun aspect to it for sure.

It awakens what they call "the magnetic body". I am still not quite on the other side of experiencing all of the benefits of it. I have had some interesting experiences but I wouldn't call myself awakened yet. The magnetic body seems to be doing it's thing 24/7 even when I don't practice.

If having more energy or not getting sick, improving your health etc is your motivation you will probably experience improvements in those. I didn't sleep for over a month when I first recieved the transmission because the energy was insane. That balanced out after several months.

Besides that the major thing people seem to experience is higher spiritual states or even the Diamond Body. I have no clue how many people are actually going to complete these higher stages but it seems Max has attained it and some of his top students. Max says combining Kunlun and Red Phoenix can give you the Diamond Body or Dragon Body which is the highest state a human being can attain according to Max.

No kunlun practitioners from Taobums has got that yet :lol:

I dont expect immediate benefits from the spiritual path, because things are not about pleasing your ego, but the path fucking with what you think is important. So thats my caveat.

Many forms of meditation promise siddhis and health benefits.

Kunlun is an easy practise, so thats a benefit.

I have awakened Kundalini and its difficult to cope with. Kunlun hopefully speeds up the process. Apparently its much safer and faster than the Kundalini route.

In my limited experience it has increased the amount of energy my body can handle. By now the energy is dense, palpable.

Basically you just sit there and meditate.

I dont expect immediate benefits from the spiritual path, because things are not about pleasing your ego, but the path fucking with what you think is important. So thats my caveat.

yeeeha!

thank the lord, or something, for de_paradise.

ive been practicing level 1 every day for past 5&1/2 months

i can now heal minor illnesses (cured chronic allergies and knocked out some colds when i noticed them starting) in my body, and seem to lighten some things on others (based on the one time i tried this someones shoulder stopped hurting)

as for energy i experience shaking every time i practice kunlun. also when i practice other meditations i experience shaking now. it is particularly intense in standing stakes (it looks something like the people from the movie trailor). recently i experienced speaking in tongues and it has happened a frequently since then.

ive also dissolved a lot of blockages both energetic and psychological (there not lying when they say you probably wont even feel like the same person who started this a few months ago). ive also noticed some suprising increases in my ability to do energy meditations and practices, and my ability to manifest things. had some great insights into the nature of the universe. i also opened up to love and compassion.

level 2 increases the energy

level 3 grounds you

the 5 elements build internal power and cleanse the body

maoshan treveling hands is for astral projection

golden flower is inner alchemy

red sun opens the heart

I've been thinking about this the past couple of days, and perhaps there should be a warning...because it's not a panacea, or at least it isn't in the way you might expect it to be as a beginner.

1. The magnetic feeling is pretty much constant. It's a choice: if you want to permanently have access to this energy, then go for kunlun. If you are unsure of whether you want something permanent, think more on it. Because it does change your life.

2. People can experience healing, but I haven't in a few months of practicing. I've even developed this horrible knot in my back which isn't fixed by getting massages, heating the area up, doing warrior wellness, etc. This knot might be the parts of myself that I don't want to see. The thing is, I've never had knots in my back before...so this is new. To be honest it sucks. But it seems that kunlun has brought it up for me to deal with eventually....the reason why I mention this is that perhaps you won't experience miraculous healing like you may expect. You may have to heal yourself by letting go of whatever kunlun brings up to you.

So yeah, pretty much what everyone mentioned is right though. It's with you all the time, and when you open up to it, bliss happens. Bliss is kind of like giddiness...it's hard to describe but when you see someone experiencing it, it makes sense. At the NJ seminar, I saw Dionne opening up to it, and by the look in her eye I could tell what the exact sensation is.

But bliss won't make you happy. A lot of the time, it can bring up melancholy feelings, if you have them stored away.

Anyway, do I personally think it's worth it? Hell yeah. I finally have a grasp on energy work, and have a great cultivation method! I did kundalini yoga for 2 years and hadn't experienced this much progress! So I love kunlun...I just thought there should be more that beginners are aware of.

As a cusp geminii born in the year of the Monkey, I am bored shitless with the three dimensional world. It's a miracle that I've lasted to the age of 40... but enough is enough!! :lol:

Kunlun, Max, Mantra, and the kunloonies have been a real lifesaver for me.

Phew!!!!

Yoda

The kunlun forum is only for people who've been to a seminar. If you didn't notice, the person who started this topic, asking the question, is just looking into it. They can't go to the forum, so this is the place to talk about it.

I've been thinking about this the past couple of days, and perhaps there should be a warning...because it's not a panacea, or at least it isn't in the way you might expect it to be as a beginner.

1. The magnetic feeling is pretty much constant. It's a choice: if you want to permanently have access to this energy, then go for kunlun. If you are unsure of whether you want something permanent, think more on it. Because it does change your life.

Good point. I will be totally honest with you. I have stayed awake all night on more than one occasion really wondering if I had made a good decision or not. I wouldn't say I have regretted getting the Kunlun transmission, but you really start to realize after awhile this isn't like other things you have done. It's a life changing practice all the way. And for me there have been moments of extreme intensity where it did feel like my body was on the verge of shifting into something else.

So, to add to what Scotty said, it's not all bliss anf fun and can be quite an extreme ride at times. And it pretty much has been going for me 24/7 since I met Max. That said, now that I have come to terms with the process I don't feel like I have even scratched the surface.

The new book is a good resource for beginners since Max teaches I Jong and 5 Elements standing. In an idealic world you would probably do those practices for a good while before getting the Kunlun transfer or starting Red Phoenix since they introduce these incredibly high energies into your system. You live and learn. Max has said on the private Kunlun discussion connecting to the tan tien and breathing from there is the most important practice. It's the basics but really without a good root and being grounded Kunlun can get pretty wild.

So I don't know if Scotty or I can really say these are benefits :lol: To me it's more like we are in the middle(or beginning)of a larger alchemical process that may not be all that pretty at times, wonderful at times and hopefully end up somewhere better, more refined, enlightened than before we started.

Cam

To me the energy in Kunlun (shaking) is less refined thats why you shake and jump, compared to dan tian breathing in relaxation/stillness and pure emptiness. So far Kunlun doesnt bring me any bliss or emptiness like my own practice as your body is shaking and jumping which distracts you from the Stillness! I can type and lift my heels and the bodys nervous system will start to shake does that a high level practice i dont even have to hold a ball posture.

You want healing from practice maybe look at the food you eat, drink water alot and or do a few fastings to help you heal dont rely on shaking to cure any illnesses it may possibly help you if u believe it will just alike placebo effect.

There is one energy - ONE DAO dont worry about yin yang these are dualities created by man upward, downward flow means nothing emptiness is the key.

WYG

To me the energy in Kunlun (shaking) is less refined thats why you shake and jump, compared to dan tian breathing in relaxation/stillness and pure emptiness. So far Kunlun doesnt bring me any bliss or emptiness like my own practice as your body is shaking and jumping which distracts you from the Stillness! I can type and lift my heels and the bodys nervous system will start to shake does that a high level practice i dont even have to hold a ball posture.

WYG

I generally feel the bliss and emptiness during the resting phase of my practice.Spend a good amount of time after your spontaneity has settled, in meditation,sitting or even lying on your side is great, relaxing your self even further,smiling to your self.Try to ignore all the energetic sensations you feel.Bliss will emerge from this stillness

Same with Xiang Gong.You can do all the excersises while not feeling much at all.But during the last excersise, the resting phase, while your in the wuji (void) state is when all the real magic happens

Thats how it goes for me anyway

Edited by truth

Bliss is a lot of fun and cheaper than drugs :D And the active phase feels very nice for my lower back and shoulders.

The most noticeable benefit is I can now meditate for over an hour, last October when I started kunlun the best I could manage was 20 min.

And you can go at your own pace. I just enjoy the meditation but if I do a lot of days in a row, I can get a bit silly, so I take a few days off till I feel like practicing again as I'm not really ready for change yet.

When i did the cooldown from the Kunlun i was still shaking and doing weird things i didnt feel bliss i did actually throw up afterwards.

The only way to try it and see if you like it, i personally dont think it does anything but shake and adjust the nervous system and has nothing to do with spiritual cultivation (rainbow body/dragon body). It shakes and Adjust the bodies nervous system and energy pathways. I also dont feel it cultivates chi/prana or anything else (kunlun energy) lol, it just adjust the energy as the real name implies from Master Jenny Lamb. The name is called spontaneous adjustment chi kung and the name will tell you the reason of the creation of this system. What Max has added to the Spontaneous Adjustment Chi Kung could infact get you to other levels that Jennys system will not! So if people are getting dragon body from KL and RP then that is proof and looks like most people on this forum are after something that they have no idea about.

Is it fun (YES) for people without any knowledge of Chi cultivation it maybe the best thing you have ever witnessed and felt/ experienced.

Give it a try you may like this as it gives results (shaking) straight away, but what are in the results only you can understand and find as every person is different!

WYG

Thanks a lot for everybodys responces! They have made some things clearer for me. One thing I keep wondering is: There are a lot of things that give bliss and extreme experiences, eg Ecstacy, heroine etc. In the long run many of these things are very bad for you (obviously). Can everyone be sure that kunlun is safe and not damaging? Also what do kunluners actually mean by 'spiritual enlightenment'?

Thanks!

I just enjoy the meditation but if I do a lot of days in a row, I can get a bit silly, so I take a few days off till I feel like practicing again as I'm not really ready for change yet.

Hi Mal... can you say more about what 'a bit silly ' means?!

I'm intrigued.

Hi Mal... can you say more about what 'a bit silly ' means?!

I tend to get a bit giggly, and I'm already a pretty happy person. The whole social interaction thing becomes just a big joke, everyone following their "rules" and not doing or saying what they really want, it's so transparent.

Of course it always is transparent just I feel more like laughing than pretending to play along like I normally do. And I can laugh at "inappropriate" times, like when the other half gets up me for eating all her icecream :P

Nothing bad, but I notice the shift in my personality.

In the long run many of these things are very bad for you (obviously). Can everyone be sure that kunlun is safe and not damaging?

Thanks!

I think if practiced in excess any form of spontaneous qi gong can be damaging.I dont know what methods max uses to counteract any negative effects kunlun may have.Perhaps his standing practice I Jong?

I quote this from a very credible and respected Master.Part of his response to me to some questions i had about my own practice.Wasnt actually related to max's kunlun pai stuff

please avoid practicing Ziran Dong spontaneous movements from the Kun Lun Pai, or any other methods...i state once again the words of ????????? himself: DO NOT engage in such methods if not under supervision of a REAL master, there is much that people do not knwow and just like drug addicts they run after the sensations, and becuase something feels good make you see lots of light and make your body spin does not mean is good for you -although health wise might have good effect- but in perspective of Qi and Shen development you need to be careful.

Just something to think about :)

Edited by truth

mjjbecker yes, he did.

mal okaaay. thanks for explaining your silliness.. I completely recognise what you are saying. I am like that a lot of the time. Making irrelevant jokes and not taking stuff seriously. What I have done, is make friends with silly people.... yes! Honestly. I think it is practically an index of a person. If they cant relax and get pulled off track by absurdity a bit, then I aint going to get on with them.

Likewise if people cant be a bit hardline.

Do you find that the silliness goes alongside clarity that can be a bit uncompromising, too, whilst it is compassionate? That, to me, is 'seeing through the games' , that you mention.

"Silliness" + "Clarity" go hand in hand, to me, once, to use Yoda's phrase, you start cooking with gas..

I think if practiced in excess any form of spontaneous qi gong can be damaging.I dont know what methods max uses to counteract any negative effects kunlun may have.Perhaps his standing practice I Jong?

please avoid practicing Ziran Dong spontaneous movements from the Kun Lun Pai, or any other methods...i state once again the words of ????????? himself: DO NOT engage in such methods if not under supervision of a REAL master, there is much that people do not knwow and just like drug addicts they run after the sensations, and becuase something feels good make you see lots of light and make your body spin does not mean is good for you -although health wise might have good effect- but in perspective of Qi and Shen development you need to be careful.

I quote this from a very credible and respected Master.Part of his response to me to some questions i had about my own practice.Wasnt actually related to max's kunlun pai stuff

Just something to think about :)

I know where that came from, and I took that in a context of 'if you're going to be his student, following x path of cultivation' - which isnt compatible with X system in question. It is very important to keep your mind focused and not let it float off into the clouds...and with all of the stuff happening, its also very important to see those phenomena with clear vision, accept them for what they are, and not search for them or become attached to them.

or, at the very least, you start lighting your farts. :lol:

Actually, I had a friend in college who suffered an injury while lighting his farts. More to his pride than his body when the hallmates rushed in to see what the commotion was all about. :lol:

Memory lane is a sweet place!

Yours,

Yoda

yeessss cook with gaaaaz.

uh uh must be verry careful not to spin this spontaneous lite uh uh. kunlun is so diffrnt. uh uh.

Sign in to follow this