Sign in to follow this  
mouse

Excellent Push Hands

Hi all,

Thought you'd enjoy this clip of some good push hands from a female stylist.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

She's very good and at 0:19 you can see that her yield, neutralise and issue all happens at the same time. The push comes and she intercepts, yielding the force onto her structure, rebounding the opponents energy from her base. The issue is instant.

Says on clip that she's a Chen and Wu stylist. I only see the Wu in her style though.

Hope you guys enjoy. She's a joy to watch.

mouse

gosh, I've seen so much of that, I am not sure it is real.

Is she sending qi into his body in such large doses that his muscles are forced into contraction and he acts retarded? -How else to explain his apparant loss in motor control?

If she is shooting so much qi into his system, why doesn't he convulse more like an epileptic?

how do they prevent causing damage to his system? Surely, if she's pumping so much qi into him to make him dance like a puppet, that can't have a very good effect on his own system.

I am not sure I believe what I am asked to see. :mellow:

can you explain what is happening?

gosh, I've seen so much of that, I am not sure it is real.

Is she sending qi into his body in such large doses that his muscles are forced into contraction and he acts retarded? -How else to explain his apparant loss in motor control?

If she is shooting so much qi into his system, why doesn't he convulse more like an epileptic?

how do they prevent causing damage to his system? Surely, if she's pumping so much qi into him to make him dance like a puppet, that can't have a very good effect on his own system.

I am not sure I believe what I am asked to see. :mellow:

can you explain what is happening?

findley,

So much is happening in the video to explain but I'll try to give you a rundown. It'll make more sense if you're a taiji practitioner as feeling is the only way to experience it.

It is not shooting qi into his system... It can be done but the results do not look like that. Most times if condensing chi into someone else will cause person to collapse.

This is done by sinking your own energy into the ground, receiving the opponent's energy this floating his/her energetic and physical center, setting it into your rear foot (base) then through active relaxation from joint to joint allowing the kenetic energy to travel down to the ground and bouncing back up into the opponent's center.

Thats the best I can do with my explaination. There are many things happening on the physical level and energetic level to go through here but ask what you need clarification on and I'll try to explain based on my lineage studies.

Best example would be to see 0:19 where you can see very clearly the yield, neutralise and issue.

mouse

This makes me want to go back outside and practice more. I really don't understand what's going on at all, though...thanks for the explanation!

I think I just am going to have to find someone of this level to feel what it is they are doing. One of the teachers I e-mail regularly he drops people in his demonstrations and leaves me thinkin "okay...what did he just do?"

Edited by Prince...

LMAO better yet you can believe that a person can wave his hands and the students go flying backwards and start to disappear and become light and walk through walls?! :)

:rolleyes:

Push hands is an exercise for understanding forces that is all!

Some may choose to believe based on their experience and views. As the level of a practitioner gets better and better, you start dealing with "shen" issues where you can use your shen to pull the opponent's astral body out of their body. Follows the same principles as normal push hands cept you connect on a purely energetic basis. No hands issue are possible as well. (Ling Kong Jin)

Perhaps this seminar video from Sifu Adam Mizner (Heaven Man Earth) will clarify some concepts to those not familiar with them. (0:39)

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Another method to understand the importance of sinking in Taiji is as such. Imagine a basin of water. Drop a stone in it and the sinking of the stone causes the water surrounding it to rise. Certain schools such as Imperial Yang Style have a similar concept where they use small droplets of chi to disrupt your root. They call it "As rain falls, the grass will grow."

Hope this gives you guys some insight into the finer points of Taiji. Enjoy your practice.

mouse

Sign in to follow this